• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I guess I checked out on bleach at the right time
Because how rushed the ending was Ichigo and Uryuu dads literally popped out of nowhere to be like "here's a kryptonite arrow ok cool see ya" and a character just magically fixing ichigo sword after it was broken by the big bad like last chapter so he can beat him in the next chapter

Kubo really was done

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
Sauron - LOTR
Crimson King - Dark Tower
Voldermort - Harry Potter

I bet you that the Night King in GoT will be finished off with just one clean swipe from some sword...

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum I thought Voldemort's downfall was very well done. I think he's one of the best examples of a powerful character being brought down. I liked the horcruxes and how much him and Harry were tied to each other.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
As mentioned earlier, I vote for Zamasu too. I had completely forgot how stupid that was, they couldn't just let him die the first time could they? Also, I agree with rubber nen in HxH.
If B.S. is meant to be asspull ls then Zamasu isn't one. The Zeno solution was super blatantly set up. They kept talking about how dangerous Zeno is with how he blows up universes over minor annoyances and we saw Goku get a button that could instantly bring Zeno to him. It was a card that was always in play from the start.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Nope.
They had been foreshadowing her losing her shit for a while.
Hell her closest friends were scared of her and abandoned her.....so we knew something was going on.

And even in the Agni Kai she was losing her shit and ended up getting doubled teamed NO?

Strength she had, mental stability we knew she didnt have and that aided her defeat.

Yes.
This is the worst ive seen in recent memory...hell maybe the worst ever.
He was literally unstoppable prior to "ohh silver arrows slow him down for 1 moment"
Future sight is already a pretty OP power.....but he took it to the next level and could affect the futures he saw.
The dude was placing traps in the future after he had seen where characters were going to land. WTF!

He could see and alter the future - Literally could break your sword two seconds from now so when you try to swing it....its broken.
Since he can alter the future he can have himself not be dead in the future so if you kill him, in the future he will not be dead(?) yes its as dumb as it sounds.
Beyond abilities his physical strength is easily multiple times higher than any other character in the series.
He can give and reabsorb powers....like nigh literally any power you can think of he probably gave it to someone, then absorbs it back later.(Think every mutant sans telepaths....in one character)
After absorbing the Viking looking nigga any damage to him only served to enhance his strength.
He had the Balance - Any fortune or misfortune he can redirect.....got a lucky shot in? He'll balance it out so you are the one who got hit instead.

What Kubo was thinking when he wrote this character is beyond me.
By the final battle there was no way to beat this guy....he was OP to the point fighting him seemed pointless so random thing shows up that can actually stop all his powers for one second.

Bach+1.PNG

This is the reason I stopped reading Bleach, and can't get the motivation to finish it. When the antagonist basically became the fullfillment wish of a five-year old kid. You all surely had discussions with kids about their ideal superhero, where the kid would add on the fly superpowers to cover each weakness each time you pointed out one.
This stuff became the same and just as (not) interesting.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
Because how rushed the ending was Ichigo and Uryuu dads literally popped out of nowhere to be like "here's a kryptonite arrow ok cool see ya" and a character just magically fixing ichigo sword after it was broken by the big bad like last chapter so he can beat him in the next chapter

Kubo really was done

Wow my man was like nah I want freedom from this shit I am done. He should have just done a time Jump and been like listen he lost ok its over go home

Sneijder

Oct 28, 2017
Cologne
I kinda felt this way for Eneru in One Piece. He has like one of the most overpowered powers, destroys everybody in like one hit (completely owns Sanji, Robin, Zoro, the warrior guy, the giant snake, etc), is made of electricity so he can't be hit physically, etc. He's so damn OP, he's destroying the island with ease. He can literally kill you instantly from anywhere on the island with a giant lightning strike. He fuses Luffy to a giant gold ball that chains him down but Luffy can still kick his ass because "rubber doesn't conduct electricity lol".

This was all before the time skip Haki nonsense, too.

i think you should watch it again, because there were the first hints about haki. It was called there in Skypia Mantra? So they know, from which direction the attack would come.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanos in the comics is so dumb every time. I about fell over laughing at the cosmic cube panel posted and how he handles the infinity gauntlet is arguably even worse. You spend months building up someone as a god and then they are still really dumb.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
What happened with Madara Uchiha only solidified my opinion that the series should've ended with Obito/Kabuto as the big bad(s)

Should have ended with akatsuki final attack around the pain era. Naruto fighting pain, Kakashi fighting obito, and Kabuto being fought by sasuke.

Naruto's final form a mixture of frog sage or whatever and nine tails.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Every Dragonball movie villain would have wiped the floor with the cast if they were in series proper.

I don't understand Madara, there was an even stronger villain that succeeded him.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The snapping guy in Full Metal Alchemist, he could essentially just snap and murder anyone but somehow the bad guys were always able to stop him from snapping.

dorjjj

Oct 31, 2017
i kind of feel like there was a little bit, but I've been watching 1 episode a week on toonami and the arc is so long that I might just be remembering incorrectly.
There was a short explanation about the bomb. Basically, some higher ups wanted assurance in the case netero wasn't able to handle meruem he would still go down, so the implanted the bomb before he set out for the mission

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
So exactly how does this guy go down? I gave up on bleach after Aizen
Because the ending was rushed, it was a mess, but it was essentially a mix of factors:

- Aizen's illusions can bypass his future sight and affect him.
- Uryu's special ability is a counter to his and possibly stopped Yheach from predicting the silver arrow being fired at him.
- The silver arrow fired by Uryu is made from the silver that formed in Uryu's mom heart and killed her when Yhwach stole her powers. His dad reforged it into an arrow that could seal his powers for one second and gave it to his son. Mostly because it would poetic, but also because Uryu may been the only one that could fire it without Yhwach predicting it.
- A former enemy turned ally strikes Ichigo with a past-altering sword, which makes Ichigo mostly immune to the instant future-changing, although he and his Bankai can still be gradually damaged.
- When sleeping, Yhwach receives his future predictions in the form of dreams. His underling, who is linked to his boss and was secretly betraying him, masked the predictions by changing details, such as Ichigo's clothes and Shikai design, making Yhwach think it was an actual dream. This made him lower his guard when Ichigo delivered the final blow.

None is this is properly explained. Kubo injured his shoulder and rushed the ending, so it was left for the readers to speculate how the hell he was defeated.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
3100364-3478534364-Beyon.jpg

No limitations. No weaknesses. Infinite power times a quintillion.

Defeated when willingly transferring his essence to a mortal infant when attempting to understand humanity.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
I didn't think Meruem's defeat was BS at all.

I've always felt Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender was an example. She was always an extremely powerful and skilled firebender, with a ruthless and cunning mind. There's no way anybody beats her one on one at her peak, so she suddenly goes literally insane in the last three episodes of the show.

The insanity is a much longer buildup then that. Also she loses in a 2vs 1 fight so things are mostly fair

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
The villain from Jojo Part 5

Also "oh my rubber nen" was bullshit but it doesnt really apply to this thread since Hisoka didnt use it to win the fight but just to revive himself after getting his ass destroyed

Last edited:

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
Unalaq from legend of korra book 2. I honestly like the twist of him become a dark avatar and destroying rava, but I didn't like how he grew into some big ass godzilla afterward...then korra became some big ass spirit thing. Weird stuff man

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gilgamesh from fate, it's obvious they put in him for the fate route and then had no idea what to do with him outside of that, but they made him to strong to take out decently, so they made him job making him him incredibly stupid and plot armor from the MC's.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The anti monitor is so powerful he refuses to die and his final form looks like a living breathing fireball of hate. So how do they defeat him?

They have superman of earth 2 PUNCH a LIVING FIREBALL into a sun.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Vader and Palpatine, The hero of their story had zero chance of actually stopping them so one had to kill the other by developing a conscience after 30 years of indiscriminate murder.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
So exactly how does this guy go down? I gave up on bleach after Aizen

Two things that weren't properly expanded upon given the series abrupt ending...

Uryu's ability
An admittedly BS arrow

During the last arc, it was revealed that Uryu was unaffected by something called the Selection, which was basically the new big bad stealing the power of other Quincy, leading to the deaths of both Uryu and Ichigo's mom.

It's later revealed that Uryu's innate ability is to pretty much reverse events that have already taken place, pretty much hard countering the omnipotence of the bad guy since it prevents any event changes from effecting anything Uryu does.

The arrow, I'm sure, probably was going to do something else at one point in time or be a piece of a larger plan, but was pretty much turned into the instant win button. Something about it being found in the body of Uryu's mom after her death and allowing it to stop of the power of whoever's stole the other person's power.

Combine those two and you get an opening for the final Getsuga Tensho in the series.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Do the reapers in Mass Effect 3 count?

maxresdefault.jpg

I never played ME3 because I predicted that this is *exactly* how ME3 would have to end - with some sort of god button that ends the reapers. ME1's ending permitted a lot of options to the Reaper 'problem', since we didn't know there were all that many. ME2's ending left a lot of windows open...until the stinger. Showing a massive fleet of Reapers pretty much made it impossible for them to end the series in any reasonable way.

RE: Luffy vs Lightning Dude, I'm on team 'Luffy should have been fried to a crisp'. However it's One Piece, so the whole universe is absurd anyways and it doesn't bother me much. Plus you could always say the lightning devil fruit didn't give him true physical lightning but instead some sort of weird version that behaves differently than the real thing.

There are a few film examples out there (Independence Day for example), for Games I could almost say Diablo 3 (by the end of 3 Diablo himself seemed like a chump), but I guess the game's plot and Diablo lore is so screwed up in general that perhaps it can get a pass via 'Who cares, just go with it'.

I guess I'd go with Guild Wars 2 for my game pick. End boss of the original storyline Zaitan is basically supposed to be a force of nature, like the other elder dragons. You beat him with some magic cannons. Yeah you sorta weaken him up to that point but the whole thing kinda just turns him into just a regular 'pretty strong dude'. Also the last fight was garbage.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017

I've always felt Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender was an example. She was always an extremely powerful and skilled firebender, with a ruthless and cunning mind. There's no way anybody beats her one on one at her peak, so she suddenly goes literally insane in the last three episodes of the show.
Azula might be the opposite of this thread. Her downfall is highly telegraphed and believable. One of the things that makes ATLA great - everything is earned.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
The Invaders in Getter Robo Armageddon can come off as this somewhat. They're basically The Thing (John Carpenter, not the Ever-Lovin') if you bumped it up to a planetary scale - at one they even ignite Jupiter into a new sun, intent on collapsing it into a black hole, so as to consume the solar system. Just like The Thing, they also pretty much recover from a single cell and just kinda appear out of nowhere because oh no they were secretly hiding in that character you stopped thinking about. So in the end the anime staff settled on the idea that the protagonists almost... don't really beat them, as such. Rather, they drive The Invaders into another dimension, waging war on them for all eternity along with various other incarnations of the team in what is generally referred to by fans as 'Getter Valhalla'. It's very awesome, but to say it comes out of nowhere is fairly accurate I'd say; unless you're familiar with broader franchise lore anyway (and even then, it's actually kinda contradictory to it).

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Thanos in the comics is so dumb every time. I about fell over laughing at the cosmic cube panel posted and how he handles the infinity gauntlet is arguably even worse. You spend months building up someone as a god and then they are still really dumb.

The cosmic cube thing as well as comic panels like the thanoscopter or Thanos being arrested by cops aren't from canon stories.

They are like that panel of lex Luther stealing 40 cakes.

Vinci

Oct 29, 2017
Sauron - LOTR
Crimson King - Dark Tower
Voldermort - Harry Potter

I bet you that the Night King in GoT will be finished off with just one clean swipe from some sword...

I'm expecting the Night King to be brought down by love, personally. Like, he explodes after witnessing two people hugging one another - possibly Sansa and Arya, feeling that they are doomed - and he just goes boom!

That way, no matter what happens, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
the alien army in avengers 1 is endless... and entirely controlled from a single ship in (theoretical) nuke range. at least in phanton menace it made sense.

the resolution put a really tidy bow on what should have been a super messy (and defining) moment on MCU's earth.

i thought that was a really, amazingly fitting end for azula. she was so powerful and so ruthless, but she wasn't wise; when she looked at others, all she saw was her own ambition. her strengths were also her greatest weakness.

i'm actually surprised more villains don't go through that. it's a great arc.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
It's been a while since I complained about OP, to thank you for the opportunity.

Now....So when it comes to electrical currents traveling through things, we have conductors and insulators. One example of a conductor is our feeble human bodies, being made up of mostly water. If a current of electricity strikes us, it will mostly pass through water of our bodies relatively simply. What will not be simple is what happens to our more insulating internal organs, who will get all get far more of the charge and, if it's enough voltage, kill us. An insulator, such as rubber, does not allow electricity to travel through it easily. This basic, surface level understanding means might make you intuit that Luffy, a Rubber Man, would be super effective against electricty, right?

In reality, Enel would fuck. Luffy. up. He'd fuck him up harder than he would anyone else with less effort. In the magic world of OP, if when lightning hits an insulator, it just...disappears. The lightning hits him, then it's gone. In reality, if you have electricity hit an insulator, all that means is that the voltage has nowhere to go. So Luffy would be eating ALL that voltage thrown at him. Lightning, as you know, is really, really hot, so just imagine melting, burning rubber, except it's also a human body, and that's what should happen to Luffy. The good news is that unlike a regular human, the electrical current wouldn't fry his internal organs, atleast not until Enel melted enough of his skin to hit them directly.

Ironically, you know who would best counter Enel? That Gran fall motherfucker. He was wearing a suit of armor and, guess what, metal conducts electricity! The guy is walking around in a faraday body cage. The current would travel through his armor and down into the ground, bypassing his internal organs. Well, the sheer amount of voltage Enel is throwing around should melt almost anything regardless, but it would be more accurate than Luffy just making the lightning go away.

I'm not hugely informed on electrical science, so I might be wrong here somewhere, but I remember looking this stuff up at some point and I looked it up again to paraphrase from here.
Breh this is se silly ass shit. I'm not going to talk about how scientifically accurate one piece because all know it's science is based on pop culture at best. However your thesis is still wrong and Luffy is the best counter as all he would be is a single metal lightning rod ground the current to come out largely unscathed. A suit of armour however unless completely insulated internally leaves you liable to heat damage and the current due to poor insulation.

Your advice is very bad and you should feel bad.