• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
That's great. Respawn Games is EA's golden goose, just don't get greedy and screw it, EA.

Dice itself needs a huge shakeup to be good again.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Hope the new game is a shooter and I'm glad it's not Star Wars. That IP is boring, bring on the new stuff.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
If you're at EA, I feel like this guy is basically God-status. There is nobody more beloved by hardcore gamers at any of their developers. He's like the Neil Druckmann, Shuhei, Phil, Reggie of EA (before you tell me that I'm overselling, I KNOW HE IS NOT AT THEIR LEVELS). The point is that he's the only one there that people trust.

I'm glad he's doing something new. I think EA knows they need to diversify. You can't just have sports and battlefield and battlefront. you have to excite people as a publisher.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Excited to see this. DICE LA is a great studio although used primarily as a support. They turned around Battlefield 4 and continuously added content to it for a while. I'd trust them the most to make a Bad Company game out of current DICE. Stockholm isn't bad but I couldn't really trust them with that, I'd rather see them do something along the lines of a Vietnam title or give me 2143

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If you're at EA, I feel like this guy is basically God-status. There is nobody more beloved by hardcore gamers at any of their developers. He's like the Neil Druckmann, Shuhei, Phil, Reggie of EA (before you tell me that I'm overselling, I KNOW HE IS NOT AT THEIR LEVELS). The point is that he's the only one there that people trust.

I'm glad he's doing something new. I think EA knows they need to diversify. You can't just have sports and battlefield and battlefront. you have to excite people as a publisher.
I'd say there are plenty of people here who are trustworthy.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
This is very exciting news. Dice LA are underappreciated - their work on the BF franchise was great, and the two Medal of Honour games they made as Danger Close studio were underrated. Despite their critical mauling at the time, the weapon sounds, animations, gameplay, and general approach towards 'authenticity' in am arcade shooter was verrry similar to what the new MW is. I'd definitely like to see this studio get a crack at another game, especially if it is a fps

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Very happy for him. Hes pretty much been involved on some of the most influential shooters of the last two generations (MW, titanfall and apex). Congrats.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
I hope he revives Medal of Honor it'd be nice to have to have a different shooter game besides BF and COD. I was really hoping they'd go the Co-Op Multiplayer campaign stuff that Medal of Honor was kinda toying with.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
does EA just give this dude free reign to do what he wants? used source for tf and apex. used unreal for star wars. all badass games. their studio has been poppin this gen

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this is news that they will no longer be a support studio but im not sure. Dice needs support so I don't know whos gonna take over that role. Maybe they will outsource even more than they already do.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
They say Activision is still raiding his old offices to this day looking for stuff to help them make games....

This is a good move.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Imagine he helps makes bad company 3
Imagine we live in a world where the guy heading bad company 3, is the same guy who made a game that was picked on by Bad Company 2, the world works in mysterious ways.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this means EA will start turning it around next gen.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'm ready for Titanfall 3. Let's hope it's announced soon. It could mimic the same format as the first one (MP only) and I think if its free to play it could slay.

Edit: And congrats to Vince!

Last edited:

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if this means also broadening their horizons and not using the dice engine for anything other than battlefield.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
what happened to the old studio lead of la dice? did they fire him?

That's not how things are done. Christian, the current GM of DICE LA, has done a lovely job fostering a very nice, friendly and positive work culture in the DICE LA offices, and has led the studio with their work on the multiple projects they've supported over the years. :)

Studios in EA are structured in groups, with each studio having its own GM (general manager) and one group GM for each group. For example, Oskar is our GM for DICE, while David Rutter is now leading the overall EA European Studios group, which DICE, Ghost and Criterion are part of, and until recently, DICE LA. Studios are grouped in a way to make sense financially, regionally, logistically, share resources easier, and so on.

As the Respawn organisation grows, it makes perfect sense to have DICE LA be part of that, since they have already been cooperating on things. It would help DICE LA share more knowledge and work closer with Respawn, and in turn grow as well. :) Not to mention, they are very close geographically.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I thought most people loved the SP of Titanfall 2?

For Titanfall 1 fans, they hated almost everything about the multiplayer of Titanfall 2.

That being said, I do want the Titan voices of Papa Scorch, Tone, Ion, Northstar, Monarch, Legion, and Ronin to stay in Titanfall 3. I love them with all my heart

Oh, and have grapple as a universal mechanic for all pilot classes. Its one of the best things to happen in the franchise along with grapple slingshots

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
Does it say a new IP?.. or an original game?
Because if it's just an original game, then it could be a new Titanfall, Bad Company, Medal of Honour, a new Mirrors Edge... or hell, even a new Saboteur.

I hope they go back to Danger Close... that was a good name, and i liked their Medal of Honour games.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
This guy help create one of the best FPS single player campaign game ever: Titanfall 2
I have high hopes he can direct DICE LA into greatness.