• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi. I occasionally collect vinyl (this is my collection, it isn't much, but it's mine).

Anyways, here's some news for you:
ofaEKm3.jpg
blonded is the official instagram handle of Frank Ocean, by the way. So, we'll get an official pressing of "Channel Orange", but, much like Valvetime, Oceantime means such a pressing will happen in 5 years or so.

OP
OP
wenis

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope VMP has made progress on that one. I know they've been working on it for a long while.

C4lukin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tejas
Hi. I occasionally collect vinyl (this is my collection, it isn't much, but it's mine).

Anyways, here's some news for you:

blonded is the official instagram handle of Frank Ocean, by the way. So, we'll get an official pressing of "Channel Orange", but, much like Valvetime, Oceantime means such a pressing will happen in 5 years or so.

How do you post a link to your Discogs vinyl collection on to reset era. For some reason I cannot get it to work.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you post a link to your Discogs vinyl collection on to reset era. For some reason I cannot get it to work.
Firstly, you can write a sentence like "This is my collection!".

Then highlight the phrase you want to hyperlink and then click the chain while the phrase is highlighted. A dialogue box will pop up asking what link you want to attach to the phrase. Paste the collection URL there and voila.

Tawney Bomb

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I asked about this a few weeks ago and was told this was fine, so here is my discogs store:

https://www.discogs.com/seller/smtawney86/profile

If you see anything you want, feel free to message on here and I'll see if I can knock a few $$$ off for you. If there is something you want and think my price is unfair, feel free to PM me and I'll consider offers, after all I am trying to move everything.

I do still have 80-100 records left to price and will be doing so in the coming weeks, so please check back

Thanks for looking :)

C4lukin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tejas
Not yet. First thing I have to do is mount my TV so I get the countertop of my entertainment center back.

Any decent guides on balancing? Just read the OP.

Yeah I just watched a couple of YouTube videos. It takes a bit more work then I would like. But in the end it is a very satisfying experience if you put the work in.

Just do not be like me and accidentally break the initial needle in the box. The replacements are not cheap.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Had to get a pic of this one. The gun-to-my-head favorite album. Took 22 years for this to be pressed on vinyl.

aIxyMYa.jpg

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
It's been a great year for the artists that I like, with some huge releases. Rise Against, a band I've followed and loved and respected for over 15 years, have a new release this week. It's an alternative recording of some of their biggest songs. It's not an acoustic album, it's more than that. There are subtle drums and bass, but they've added string instruments and keyboards to some songs. They sound totally different, but still very good

https://kingsroadmerch.com/rise-against/view/bundle.asp?id=2860&cid=2671

I got this bundle with the yellow vinyl.

parrotbeak

Nov 1, 2017
Anyone upload pics to discogs and notice sometimes they come out rotated? Read a post about it on their forum, but seems too much trouble to fix each picture, so just gonna leave them until someone scolds me, lol

C4lukin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tejas
So I have an Audio Technica 120. I have the records I want to listen to, but it is connected to a shitty tv sound bar.

I am not looking for surround sound or anything like that. Also no need for huge bass, I do live in an apartment. I also have a crazy bass speaker already that has been sitting a closet for ten years. It is well insulated but still.

So let's say 500 dollar budget. Two speakers and an amplifier, or reciever or whatever. And the components to connect this stuff together. What would you guys and gals recommend?

Oct 29, 2017
So I have an Audio Technica 120. I have the records I want to listen to, but it is connected to a shitty tv sound bar.

I am not looking for surround sound or anything like that. Also no need for huge bass, I do live in an apartment. I also have a crazy bass speaker already that has been sitting a closet for ten years. It is well insulated but still.

So let's say 500 dollar budget. Two speakers and an amplifier, or reciever or whatever. And the components to connect this stuff together. What would you guys and gals recommend?

https://audioengineusa.com/shop/poweredspeakers/a2-plus-powered-speakers/

Best speakers in a $300 range. Period. These shits knock me on my ass daily.

Better yet, since you have the LP-120... that's it. You don't need anything else. Flip the switch on the back so the built in preamp does it's job, and your golden.

If you wanna take it the next level, get an external amp and preamp. I have the ART DJ Pre 2 ($50) as my preamp, and the Schiit Magni 2 Uber (no longer available, now replaced with the newer model Magni 3), as an amp + headphone setup for my turntable.

C4lukin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tejas
https://audioengineusa.com/shop/poweredspeakers/a2-plus-powered-speakers/

Best speakers in a $300 range. Period. These shits knock me on my ass daily.

Better yet, since you have the LP-120... that's it. You don't need anything else. Flip the switch on the back so the built in preamp does it's job, and your golden.

If you wanna take it the next level, get an external amp and preamp. I have the ART DJ Pre 2 ($50) as my preamp, and the Schiit Magni 2 Uber (no longer available, now replaced with the newer model Magni 3), as an amp + headphone setup for my turntable.

Awesome thank you so much. It will be a couple of months, but I will let you know how it works out for me.

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I haven't picked up much lately since I've been trying to save some money. Figured I'd treat myself last weekend and picked up a few. Found Johnny Cash and El Vy in the used bin for a good price.

Screenshot_2018-08-09_My_Collection_-_Discogs.png

Screenshot_2018-08-09_My_Collection_-_Discogs.png

Edit: Tried to make the image smaller, sorry if it's still too big

OP
OP
wenis

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
is that the matte cover for the big come up? always wanted that version in white vinyl.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know I don't post here much but I just had a great Vinyl delivery day today.

EnOpUWY.jpg

3yLe1Lz.jpg

J7wYm14.jpg

wwb6Ev6.jpg

I got the Two towers set at a great price, it was on sale at Target.com for $94 and then I had a 15% coupon (not from that one night) and red card discount. I'm a little bummed I can't get the Fellowship set now (no I'm not spending $300 for it). But I got the RoTK set preordered and so I'll be happy with those two.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
This morning I got my shipping notice for the new Autechre box set. 8 hours of new* music on 12 LPs.

xODfpfx.png

*they did 4 sessions at NTS, 2 hours each. So this stuff has been heard before, just never released.

parrotbeak

Nov 1, 2017
Do you guys order vinyl on Amazon, and if so do you return it for replacement if the sleeve is damaged? I did once because it was visibly bent on the corner, but I've just accepted others if it's normal shelf wear. I just got one that's a little in between on where I'd want a replacement; looks like the corner was bent and the spine has a crease but the front surface isn't too bad.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Do you guys order vinyl on Amazon, and if so do you return it for replacement if the sleeve is damaged? I did once because it was visibly bent on the corner, but I've just accepted others if it's normal shelf wear. I just got one that's a little in between on where I'd want a replacement; looks like the corner was bent and the spine has a crease but the front surface isn't too bad.
I've never had one replaced, though I should have in one case as it came with not great seam splits. I always select the option to have them shipped in an Amazon box to give it some extra protection in the mail.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
This morning I got my shipping notice for the new Autechre box set. 8 hours of new* music on 12 LPs.

xODfpfx.png

*they did 4 sessions at NTS, 2 hours each. So this stuff has been heard before, just never released.
Are these easy to digest? how do you go about it? Just longer listening sessions?
That long of a release seems a bit much.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Are these easy to digest? how do you go about it? Just longer listening sessions?
That long of a release seems a bit much.
My copy won't be here until Friday, so that's when I'll really give it some effort. I have the digital files too, but have only skimmed through them to see what I'm in for. :)

That said... yeah. As four 2-hour sessions, it's a lot to take in, but I think that's the best way to tackle it. Treat it as four separate extended albums, basically. Probably not the best thing to buy on vinyl, but as an Autechre sucker, I had to do it. I just hope the profits they made from this push them to keep re-releasing the earlier albums. There's a handful I still don't have.

o you guys order vinyl on Amazon, and if so do you return it for replacement if the sleeve is damaged?
Yes, and Yes. Amazon is real hit-or-miss with their shipping, and since I pay for Prime, I don't put up with any damage beyond seam splits. Other smaller vendors, I'm far more lenient, since it's a lot tougher for them to absorb costs of damaged goods.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Any eletronic music fans here should check out the latest Legowelt release.
It's very good from start to end. I had so much fun listening to it on spotify that i ended up picking up a copy on vinyl this Sunday (waiting for shipping).

The cover is also has some cool art from the man himself.
IMG_5736_900x.JPG

I really like the overall vibes from this album. Legowelt's synth skills are a joy.

On the more playfull and silly side, i picked up Ceephax's "Camelot Arcade". Andy's skills and finesse keeps improving.

R-11778736-1522246263-3782.jpeg.jpg

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
My copy won't be here until Friday, so that's when I'll really give it some effort. I have the digital files too, but have only skimmed through them to see what I'm in for. :)

That said... yeah. As four 2-hour sessions, it's a lot to take in, but I think that's the best way to tackle it. Treat it as four separate extended albums, basically. Probably not the best thing to buy on vinyl, but as an Autechre sucker, I had to do it. I just hope the profits they made from this push them to keep re-releasing the earlier albums. There's a handful I still don't have.

Got mine delivered this morning, haven't looked at it so far as I had to leave for work but I see a few comments on discogs complaining about warping which has me a little concerned.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Mine showed up last night. Took a quick look and they don't appear to be warped either. Considering they sat out in the Texas heat for a bit, I'm impressed. :)

kev.wav

Oct 25, 2017
Autechre got here yesterday, haven't had an opportunity to listen yet. promised to record a mix tonight so not going to happen for a few days I think

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
Been continually looking and want to buy sooner than later for my first player.

Audio Technica stuff is much more expensive in Japan than it in America, so I was looking st other brands.

One I liked was the Denon DP300F. 20,000 yen and all automatic. Some people online seemed to not like it, but not sure if they are more intense than I am.

Also thinking about importing. AT-120 is 300 compared to over 50,000 here, but I'm kind of worried about Hz. Is there any way to tell if a model doesn't work with 50 Hz frequency?

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Been continually looking and want to buy sooner than later for my first player.

Audio Technica stuff is much more expensive in Japan than it in America, so I was looking st other brands.

One I liked was the Denon DP300F. 20,000 yen and all automatic. Some people online seemed to not like it, but not sure if they are more intense than I am.

Also thinking about importing. AT-120 is 300 compared to over 50,000 here, but I'm kind of worried about Hz. Is there any way to tell if a model doesn't work with 50 Hz frequency?
Are you in Japan?
Maybe you should check out some Hard Off stores.
I see videos of people just browsing there, when looking for games, and usually the audio section has some neat stuff.

Plenty of Marantz around.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I just preordered that 20th anniversary Xenogears vinyl set. Definitely wanted to jump on that, Xenogears has a great soundtrack

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
YES!!!!

Dear <F34R>,

Thank you for your order from Laced Records - manual imports! We wanted to let you know that your order (#blahblah) was shipped via UPS, UPS® Ground on 8/24/2018. You can track your package at any time using the link below.

DOOM (Special Limited Edition X4 Vinyl Boxset / Slipmat / Double CD Bundle)

FINALLY!!!

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
My 15-year-old daughter has been asking for a record player for her birthday in a couple of weeks. I got her the Audio-Technica LP60 Bluetooth turntable. Space in her room is at a premium and I'm not sure how amenable my wife is to records played at teenage-volume, so I wanted something she could use with her new AirPods (might not work) or my BT cans; I guess I could give up my Echo. The Audio-Technica is the only brand in that ~$100 price range I recognize from my own vinyl days. Anyone have any recommendations for cleaning brushes or kits (I'll go with something from the OP unless someone knows of better)? Storage for LPs? Anything else to recommend for a new-to-vinyl teenager?

smuguire

Oct 27, 2017
2tpP7ob.jpg

Trying to make a little more room in my shelves.... do you guys post links to sales in here or is that a no-no? I have some Every Time I Die records on eBay if anyone is interested. Also a copy of the Coachella pressing of Puscifer's V Is For Vagina

I guess if you just search you will find them, haha