• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Virtual console" is just a brand name. Old games are still coming to the Switch. There shouldn't be any controversy here.

Public Enemy

Oct 28, 2017
If they don't want to give us a true virtual console service and instead give me the games in the E shop that's a trade I am willing to make. Especially after finishing Mario Odyssey the fact I never finished Mario Sunshine is a glaring pox on my gaming legacy . Now if they give us e shop games and maybe throw in Mother 3 I will be a happy camper.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
"Virtual console" is just a brand name. Old games are still coming to the Switch. There shouldn't be any controversy here.
Proof? Link? Where has Nintendo this? Where have they said they will add more games from their catalog other than NES games in any form on Switch? All we have right now AFAIK is rumours and assumptions.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Tbh I'd prefer them to just actually remaster/remake the games at this point.

Imagine a proper remake of TTYD, Sunshine or the Prime trilogy.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I'd prefer them to just actually remaster/remake the games at this point.

Imagine a proper remake of TTYD, Sunshine or the Prime trilogy.
There are way too many games that would need a remake to work, with many of them made on way too old consoles for a remaster to work well.
That said, i would love nothing more than a official hd remaster of paper mario ttyd.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018

ITSMILNER

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So much good stuff on GC and Wii they should update and bring to Switch! I hope this is the console they get fully into HD remaster/remakes

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
NES games will be playable offline.

How would you play NES games in the train / plane / bouncing castle if it wasn't possible ?

Just watch, Nintendo will go full Microsoft on this and you will have to "phone home" every 24 hours for online verification or something just to keep playing the games you're paying a subscription for.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
MS walked that back though. I get the idea, but i seriously doubt they'd do that.

This is specifically an online service though. Nintendo doesn't have to put online DRM on the whole system and all games. Instead of forcing online checks for all retail games invidually no matter their age, they can have a unified check for just the subscription, but they can enforce that in a very Nintendo way.

JFunky

Oct 27, 2017
California
I'm keeping my fingers crossed we get GC and Wii games in some form on the switch eventually. A GC virtual console was what I wanted more than anything out of switch!