• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

I think it was Kotaku UK who said the Switch version was by an unnamed Chinese company. Since Virtuos is Chinese, I figured it was them.

Reminder that Virtuos also did L.A. Noire on all current systems including Switch. I think Kotaku UK also confirmed that QLOC (Okami PS4 and XBO) are behind the PS4 and XBO versions of DSR.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
A little off-topic, but does Okami PS4 let you draw the words on the touchpad?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
think the rumor said that the XBO/PS4 version would get a more enhanced port with newer graphical features while the Switch version would get the OG version with minor touch-ups

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
QLOC is a great choice for this remaster, and I'm sure Virtuos is as well, though some people took issue with their work on the Arkham remasters.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
think the rumor said that the XBO/PS4 version would get a more enhanced port with newer graphical features while the Switch version would get the OG version with minor touch-ups
Where in the world did you see a rumor like that?
Literally the only differences I remember are 4K support on the PS4/XB1 versions, and portable support on Switch.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope it ends up being a good port, portable Dark Souls is my dream game but I can just see Switch getting last priority and it running even worse than the PS3 version or something stupid like that. 720 native handheld at locked 30 and 1080p native docked at locked 30 please.

crookedaxis

Oct 27, 2017
was taking a look at Virtuos portfolio, they made some great ports for mobile tech, we'll probably see them a lot working with Switch ports.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A little off-topic, but does Okami PS4 let you draw the words on the touchpad?

Yeah you could use the Celestial Brush with the Touch Pad on PS4. although you still need to hold Square or Triangle down to bring the down so it's a little finnicky to do.

How did the LA Noire Port turn out by the way?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
No, NSW is 30fps, PS4/One and PC 60fps

NSW is 30fps, PC, PS4 and One are 60fps

They're both talking about graphical features, not performance. So far the only differences we know of are the framerate and the max resolution, other graphical features are likely going to be the same, but that's currently unknown.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depended on which platform you played on. IIRC, the PS3 version had problems handling the physics so breaking lots of barrels, etc, would cause drops pretty consistently.
I was first introduced to Dark Souls by my friend showing me the PS3 version, that thing spent more time at 15-20fps than it did at 30 from what I remember lol

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds like a lot of unnecessary extra work
wouldnt be the first time (LA Noire comes to mind)

Where in the world did you see a rumor like that?
Literally the only differences I remember are 4K support on the PS4/XB1 versions, and portable support on Switch.
What rumor? Sounds like nonsense someone made up to stir up shit and makes 0 sense whatsoever
here we go, didnt remember the update, just the original news
https://www.destructoid.com/-update-dark-souls-remastered-will-not-be-using-new-assets-482196.phtml

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason I was thinking From was doing the Switch port. Not sure if I want to preorder now. I've never heard of Virtuos.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Hey Namco!

Maybe , just MAYBE, it's time to show a damn screenshot? Game is due to release in 3 months and we have nothing yet...

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Hey Namco!

Maybe , just MAYBE, it's time to show a damn screenshot? Game is due to release in 3 months and we have nothing yet...

I also am somewhat curious about this. At least come out and say its a plain old remaster in that case and then they can take all the time in the world because we all know what it'll look like.

I just wanna know if they're doing anything beyond the normal, like cut content, new assets, new engine, engine changes, etc.