Visual Novel Community Thread: No Auto Read Required

Oct 25, 2017
The content description makes it sound like Death Mark will be uncensored on Steam. You don't need an ESRB rating to release on PC but I thought they just wouldn't bother fixing it anyway.
...wow, that really is literally the ESRB description with an extra sentence about the cut CG slapped on the end, huh.

I guess whoever actually wanted to see that can enough the game now...?

Oct 25, 2017
Late news. A sequel of THE dark horse of 2018, Nukige Mitai na Shima ni Sunderu Watashi wa Dou Surya Ii Desu ka?, is coming in Summer 2019.

Well, it seems that I need to play the original game asap.

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished the Fate route of FSN. Definitely better than the anime adaptation I saw years ago! Still, from what I understand it's considered the weakest of the 3 routes. Since I very much enjoyed it I guess the best is yet to come, so I'm pretty excited!
My play time is at ~27hours, I didn't skip anything and didn't get many dead end, was on auto read. I saw on vndb that the length was around 50h but did it take in consideration all 3 route? Because it seems more like 75/80h is a better estimate.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully MG brings over more of their stuff, and hopefully faster than maggot baits, feels like it’s been ages.
Oh, I don't even know Maggot Baits is being translated! Just checked VNDB and noticed that it is a 2015 game. MG sure has many to catch up as it seems that CLOCKUP is really efficient in releasing stuff.

BTW, Dead Days is written by the same guy as Maggot Baits, and the official site says it will also be a gore fest. It will probably be my first experience with the company. I meant to pick up Erewhon before, but it seems that the text may be too difficult to me.

Mar 31, 2018
Oh, I don't even know Maggot Baits is being translated! Just checked VNDB and noticed that it is a 2015 game. MG sure has many to catch up as it seems that CLOCKUP is really efficient in releasing stuff.

BTW, Dead Days is written by the same guy as Maggot Baits, and the official site says it will also be a gore fest. It will probably be my first experience with the company. I meant to pick up Erewhon before, but it seems that the text may be too difficult to me.
Yeah the translator is Kouryuu and he does both translation and other work for MG (manages the website iirc) so it took a while, judging from his twitter he also seems kinda strict with TL quality so I guess that has an impact.
He shared some details about their TL QA years ago, it was interesting.

Same translator as DC3.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the translator is Kouryuu and he does both translation and other work for MG (manages the website iirc) so it took a while, judging from his twitter he also seems kinda strict with TL quality so I guess that has an impact.
He shared some details about their TL QA years ago, it was interesting.

Same translator as DC3.
At least they will be quality translations which is good for players.

Speaking of DC... the opening of DC4 is revealed not long ago.