• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's finally happening...

Prob. going for Vita LE + regular PS4. Just hope I can actually get a copy, after all this time, given how quick I hear they sell out...

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
As Doddler pointed out on twitter it seems fruitbat factory is now involved in the translation of Noraneko, so the TL should be fine now.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
As Doddler pointed out on twitter it seems fruitbat factory is now involved in the translation of Noraneko, so the TL should be fine now.

Depends on who you ask, there's a user on r/VN that always shows up in any Frutibat related threads and claims they make terrible translations.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Depends on who you ask, there's a user on r/VN that always shows up in any Frutibat related threads and claims they make terrible translations.
Is said user a reliable source though, where for reliable I mean he/she can read japanese to a decent level to make comparisons? Or are we talking about people getting mad at honorifcs being removed or for spelling names with a romanization that they "don't like"?

I find it hard to believe since they make use of freelancers such as Conjueror (seabed, miniature garden, seven days, enigma) and garejei (chuusotsu, seabed) as well so it would be weird that all the titles under their umbrella are consistently badly translated.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
D7MLsgPU8AAkprt.jpg

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
I'll likely do the same, I'm hoping I can actually get a copy. No purchase limits isn't helping with that.

They have set the Vita editions to two copies per customer now, so at least there's a fighting chance now.

Though I still find it very annoying they're not doing a regular pre-order period for a game hyped as a big original release from them - yet another reason why I really dislike LRG.

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
They have set the Vita editions to two copies per customer now, so at least there's a fighting chance now.

Though I still find it very annoying they're not doing a regular pre-order period for a game hyped as a big original release from them - yet another reason why I really dislike LRG.

Purchase limit for Vita helps for sure, makes sense why Vita isn't preorder. Would make sense for PS4 to be preorder, guessing they have more insight on how many will sell.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Finally! I know the anime is airing right now too, I wonder how it is?
Haven't played it myself, but I can tell you that the original game stays on top of a Japanese VN / eroge rating site for over 10 years.

But it is an eroge in its origin, and from what I heard, many people here will not like some of these content because they are problematic.

Edit: not saying one should like them. What I am saying is that people may put off playing the whole game because of some elements in the story, which is understandable yet unfortunate.

Last edited:

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
The point and click adventure part was the highlight of the game for me, the
fantasy
endpart was so boring I dropped the game soon after reaching it.
Good thing the former lasts good 30-40 hours.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here cares character songs? VAs having good voice does not necessarily mean they are good singers, but some of them can really sing. Here are two previews from Ryuusei World Actor.

Sung by Hanasaki Kokomi. VNDB says this VA has not worked on anything before but I think she is too good to be a completely newbie. Maybe this is a new alias of another VA or an alias of someone who usually works in SFW area but also not too famous.

Sung by Yui Kusuhara, one of my favorite eroge VAs. She also worked on the SFW realm with another name "Mai Ishihara". She has a distinctive voice so very easy to recognize. The song itself is interesting. Her character, Chiffon, is a poor swordsman so the first half of the lyrics is describing her dire situation. Being in Japan alone with little cash, I can totally relate to these lyrics lol.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019

Vita carts are very limited, so they only have so many to sell. They can't do preorders like that.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
Vita carts are very limited, so they only have so many to sell. They can't do preorders like that.

While that's a valid point, I wonder why there's not setting the limit to one per customer in that case. A few people potentially saving on postage shouldn't take priority over maximing everyone's chances to get the game. Which I understand probably isn't what they think.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, the new demo of Ryuusei World Actor is out. Should I play it and write another post with over 1000 words, or just wait for the final game in July? Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, it is literally Kinugasa overload in these two days as the latest volume of Classroom of the Elite will be released tomorrow. So excited to read it.

And someone in the west has to start translating his works (I mean legally). They are deserved to be read by people other than those in Japan and China.

Edit: Done. I skimmed through it and spent 7 hours on the new portion. Not writing a huge post but it balances some of the stuff really well but there is one particular weird section. There are also some hilarious moments even though the overall atmosphere is dark and heavy. Anyway, I am more than satisfied. Going to read through the whole thing again slowly when the release date is close.

Last edited:

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Semi-cross posting

I just finished the Muv-Luv trilogy after powering through all three. Oh boy what a ride.

Extra: Alright, I see what this is...
Unlimited: Wait, now Aliens? Alright? This is all pretty confusing though
Alternative: Okay what the FUCK is going on

Amazing production quality I gotta say.

With the exception of... THAT scene. Those who've played it I'm sure know what I'm referring to. That was... unnecessary I feel like, at least visualizing it. Felt very tacky/cheap. What does everyone else think of that scene?

I've been really getting into VNs, having read a couple really good ones the last few months (including Grisaia no Kajitsu which was hilarious, and G-senjou no Maou / Devil on G-string which was fantastic as well)

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
With the exception of... THAT scene. Those who've played it I'm sure know what I'm referring to. That was... unnecessary I feel like, at least visualizing it. Felt very tacky/cheap. What does everyone else think of that scene?

I don't know, to me you could be talking about a lot of scene in Muv Luv lol (I know which one you really mean.)

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
In the last week, I started to play Fate/Stay Night, after reading so many good opinions about it and after its popularity recently increased with the anime adaptation and the mobile game, even not released in Europe. I thought it would have been mostly a visual novel about battles, but actually all the first part is more about slice-of-life than battles themselves and the story seems overall intriguing. Some possibile plot twists seem obvious
such as Sakura's brother being Shirou's enemy during the war
but I suppose there will be many surprises and I will try to avoid spoilers as much as possible during these months (that is how much it will take me to play it, since I am playing at the moment no more than 30 minutes per day).
I am also interested in understanding how the three routes are actually built - are they completely independent, or something more similar to Steins;Gate 0?

Last edited:

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
In the last week, I started to play Fate/Stay Night, after reading so many good opinions about it and after its popularity recently increased with the anime adaptation and the mobile game, even not released in Europe. I thought it would have been mostly a visual novel about battles, but actually all the first part is more about slice-of-life than battles themselves and the story seems overall intrriguing. Some possibile plot twists seem obvious
such as Sakura's brother being Shinji's enemy during the war
but I suppose there will be many surprises and I will try to avoid spoilers as much as possible during these months (that is how much it will take me to play it, since I am playing at the moment no more than 30 minutes per day).
I am also interested in understanding how the three routes are actually built - are they completely independent, or something more similar to Steins;Gate 0?
It's a linear progression, you need to complete Fate to unlock Unlimited Blade Works, and once you're done with the 2nd route, Heaven's Feel unlocks.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
and the mobile game, even not released in Europe.
You can still download the apk for android, in case you have iOS (like me) you can make a NA account (I put in the address of a mcdonald in Alaska) to download the game, and then swap back to your original acc, it'll still update normally. We have an OT for the game in case (which is also being used as the de-facto thread for everything Fate)

Also a bit more On-Topic in case you like chuuni stuff I would also suggest stuff like Dies Irae, gahkthun of the golden lightning, sorcery jokers or tokyo babel, there are also Cho Dengeki Stryker and Shadows of Pygmalion but I haven't read those I only know they are action oriented.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
you can still download the apk for android, in case you have iOS (like me) you can make a NA account (I put in the address of a mcdonald in Alaska) to download the game, and then swap back to your original acc (game will still update normally), we have an OT for the game in case (which is also being used as the de-facto thread for everything Fate)

Thanks for notifying me about this thread as the OT for Fate, basically. After I finish the VN, I will give a try to the mobile game (I have Android and I can easily download the APK), even though I always dropped all mobile games.. Then maybe I will ask in that thread other things about anime etc (for instance, in my country in June they will air a film at the theaters, but I think I will skip it because I won't have reached the third route at that point).

Since it seems you know about the VN in general, do you have any suggestion about how playing it? Is it ok to avoiding all bad endings? I am following a spoiler-free guide to do all the correct choices, since it will be quite a long game I would like to save some time of course.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
But they are alternative stories, am I right? Is it known if one of the three is the actual "true route" or "true ending"?
they are three different timelines/ways the HGW develops, there isn't really a true ending, they're all canon, but they introduce and explore different characters, each route reveals more info and lore regarding the events surrounding the HGW

edit: I think it's fine if you avoid the bad endings but they still reveal some interesting bits that make more sense as you keep playing the VN, however I remember some of those being lengthy so if you feel like they are a hindrance you can drop them, up to you tbh.

Last edited:

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Anyone here cares character songs? VAs having good voice does not necessarily mean they are good singers, but some of them can really sing. Here are two previews from Ryuusei World Actor.

Sung by Hanasaki Kokomi. VNDB says this VA has not worked on anything before but I think she is too good to be a completely newbie. Maybe this is a new alias of another VA or an alias of someone who usually works in SFW area but also not too famous.

Sung by Yui Kusuhara, one of my favorite eroge VAs. She also worked on the SFW realm with another name "Mai Ishihara". She has a distinctive voice so very easy to recognize. The song itself is interesting. Her character, Chiffon, is a poor swordsman so the first half of the lyrics is describing her dire situation. Being in Japan alone with little cash, I can totally relate to these lyrics lol.

I've usually only listened to character songs from anime, and not eroge because the one I play just so happen to not have any.

That's also one of the upsides of an eroge getting an anime, they then tend to get drama CDs and character albums.

-------------------------------------------------------------

On a sidenote, it's not really a game, but more a pre-order bonus that was a recent get.

I managed to track down a sealed copy of Rance VI's bonus disc at not an insane price. Found it even cheaper than opened copies which is why I was able to get it.

Essentially it allows for Satsu from "Daiakuji" to join which is really neat. I might play through the whole game again. It's the perfect excuse to do so since it's one of the best entries in the series. Also it must have been a relief for them that they didn't have to do addition ero CGs, because Rance canonically isn't into loli.

PhleBuster

Game Publishing
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

I see the word already got out ahead of an official announcement, so figured I might as well pop in to confirm it - we've signed on as co-publishers for "The Princess, the Stray Cat, and Matters of the Heart", and will be mainly helping with PR and English user support. As part of that, we're currently running our own QA on the game as well. It's a really fun game and I hope we'll be able to make the release go more smoothly.

We got involved very late in the process and as such our direct involvement with the contents is limited (the translation was already finished and game was basically ready to release when we became involved), but I can say that it was already supposed to release by now but we convinced Harukaze to delay it a little to allow more time for testing and fixes. We're still on a tight schedule, and moreover not directly able to make any changes. We can only report issues and suggest fixes to the developer, but we're doing everything we can to improve the quality ahead of the release (and afterwards too).

There will be a demo out soon, and we'll pass on the feedback from that to the developer as well. I hope you'll enjoy it!

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I see the word already got out ahead of an official announcement, so figured I might as well pop in to confirm it - we've signed on as co-publishers for "The Princess, the Stray Cat, and Matters of the Heart", and will be mainly helping with PR and English user support. As part of that, we're currently running our own QA on the game as well. It's a really fun game and I hope we'll be able to make the release go more smoothly.

We got involved very late in the process and as such our direct involvement with the contents is limited (the translation was already finished and game was basically ready to release when we became involved), but I can say that it was already supposed to release by now but we convinced Harukaze to delay it a little to allow more time for testing and fixes. We're still on a tight schedule, and moreover not directly able to make any changes. We can only report issues and suggest fixes to the developer, but we're doing everything we can to improve the quality ahead of the release (and afterwards too).

There will be a demo out soon, and we'll pass on the feedback from that to the developer as well. I hope you'll enjoy it!
Thanks for the info, looking forward to the demo!