• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Type-Moon is leaving money on the table for not porting Fate/Stay Night to modern hardware. All their PC versions are expensive as fuck and console version dates back to PSV in 2014.

Or maybe they have earned way too much money from FGO already so they do not care.
I am assuming any VN made after Purely x Cation whenever that was released. Since both Purely x Cation and Niizuma Lovely x Cation has them.
I see. Pretty x Cation burns me out for its complete lack of story. I know the game is meant to be ecchi, but without some sort of story makes me hard to continue playing for long session. I just completed one route (not even bother reading the DLCs) and left the copy inside my closet for good. Maybe one day I will dig it out again to play another route.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Type-Moon is leaving money on the table for not porting Fate/Stay Night to modern hardware. All their PC versions are expensive as fuck and console version dates back to PSV in 2014.

Or maybe they have earned way too much money from FGO already so they do not care.
Is this times x 10000 T-M could do a lot of things starting with Tsukihime remake, a proper anime adaptation, etc. but nothing will come because Nasu is swimming in all the money.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean they are basically leaving pennies on the table when FGO made 9 billion yen.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing the english release of both Steins;Gate Elite and Linear Bounded Phenogram for the website I write for, and as there are no embargo dates for either of them, I'm free to answer any questions you guys might have about these games.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I completely forgot if it was announced or not, but can the original S;G art be used instead of the animated stuff?

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Just started playing the english release of both Steins;Gate Elite and Linear Bounded Phenogram for the website I write for, and as there are no embargo dates for either of them, I'm free to answer any questions you guys might have about these games.
How's the quality of LBP translation?
(I'd lol so hard if they'd just reuse zakobot's 'translations')

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's not out till mid-February, right?

So I guess let us know before it'd ship if it's worth getting them just for LBP, hah.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
To my surprise, Sorceress Alive is receiving really positive impressions from early adopters. Did not expect this may become the top VN of Jan (other than Sakura, Moyu, which is not released yet).

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
...so have any NA pre-orders for Our World is Ended gone up yet? Still surprised I haven't found anything that's not from EU.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing how art co has never done any VN I hope PQube hires a good write and artist.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
replaying C;C on Steam really put me in the mood for more murder mystery stuff, I think I might pull the trigger on Kara no Shojo when i'm done (again) with C;C.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, will do. Finished the first story (out of ten) and it was really good. PQube should've localized and published this one right after Steins;Gate back in 2015.

Stein's Gate is one of my favorite things so this is good to hear. I really miss these characters.

So, about Doki Doki:

Monika has some pretty interesting things to say, it's worth reading all of it. I just minimize the window to do other stuff and then open it when I can to read the new lines since there's a long wait between them. But anyway, I recommend reading all of it.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Get ready to frantically get a preorder in some Friday morning, I guess.

...I'll probably buy it on both, maybe? Which feels like a waste, but. I'm all in.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
428 never really grabbed my interest but I just read that the Director is also the writer of Judge Eyes. Maybe I should at least try the demo.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Are there any opinions on the web about Robotics;Noted DasH or is someone playing it (if someone knows Japanese)? Unfortunately because of the absence of localization of Robotics;Notes, I doubt they will localize this, unles they decide to translate both games (but I don't know if for them the cost would be compensated).

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Steiner tweeted that DaSH requires extensive knowledge of all main SciADV games, so unless someone brings C;H and R;N over, I don't see DaSH localization happening.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Steiner tweeted that DaSH requires extensive knowledge of all main SciADV games, so unless someone brings C;H and R;N over, I don't see DaSH localization happening.
It's clear that also a localization of R;N (Elite) would be needed since DaSH is basically a sequel, but is also really C;H knowledge required? Or are there just normal references to C;H like in other SciADV visual novels?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Elite's being ported so it's no longer impossible to localize it; I still expect that and then DaSH will be the next things we get (or at least I want to remain hopeful that things don't end here).

Chaos;Head feels... unlikely, still.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, I wasn't aware there was a VN community thread. Glad I stumbled across it since I fell pretty deep into a VN hole over the last year or so.

Hopefully somebody here can help me out, I've been chipping away at Muv Luv Alternative for a few months now and I'm wondering how far I even am.
I'm just about to go on the practical assesment for Sumika.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Ayase route of Riddle Joker. Ayase is a great partner in a relationship. Story is average with quite a few loopholes. Tbh, being the main heroine, I expected better story from her route. Nonetheless, character is still the most important aspect from a Yuzusoft title, and I think they deliver this aspect well enough. I will put more thoughts into this route, as well as completing the remaining three routes before writing a complete impressions. So far I enjoy the game.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
What would folks recommend if I dug Death Mark and am averse to fanservice? It doesn't have to be fanservice free, just not a strong dose.