• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, Robotics;Notes DaSH sold ~5000 copies during first week. No bloody way Spike Chunsoft pick it up for localization

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, Robotics;Notes DaSH sold ~5000 copies during first week. No bloody way Spike Chunsoft pick it up for localization
It is a fan disk of a mediocre-received title in the series. They probably did not expect strong sales. Localization is still very much possible as the series is well-known to western VN players.
I want them to localise Memories Off -Innocent Fille.
Innocent Fille is the last mainline entry of the series and lots of characters from past entries make appearance in the game. I doubt that a VN purely about romance and setting in high school sells in the west too. Sorry to be blunt, I just don't see it being localized.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Anyone whose remotely interested in psychological and LGBT themes should play Seabed, especially since it's on sale. One of the best VN's i've had the pleasure of playing. I was crying buckets by the end of it.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/583090/SeaBed/
SS-03.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
woot Our world is Ended finally appeared on us amzn, preordered.

Now to pray America gets Robotics;Notes, its like the only one in that franchise that I love to deaths.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Is it? I'm getting "Currently Unavailable" when trying to pre-order the Day One Edition :(

Never mind, there seems to be a second listing that wasn't showing up in search results.

Yeah the other one was a PAL listing, for some reason. I assume these are all "Day 1" versions, since they never specified that only EU was getting it. No Rice Digital LE by the looks of it, either. Deciding what system I want to get it for though...

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Interview with Kaziklu Bey got announced, Light has also stated that they have further plans for the West.

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
It is a fan disk of a mediocre-received title in the series. They probably did not expect strong sales. Localization is still very much possible as the series is well-known to western VN players.

More like Steins;Gate is well known. Chaos;Head wasn't translated, Chaos;Child is awesome but I wouldn't call it well know, not like S;G at least. I don't even know if the other games in the series will get a Western release honestly.
I played each and every game in the series available in English, and I've done my part buying S;G both on PC and Vita, and I can't wait to get Elite for Switch, but I'm honestly worried about the future of the series in the West. I mean, there were hints last year that there would be something coming westside, but R;N was released in 2012, the Elite version came out last week for Ps4 and Switch, I don't know what to think quite frankly.
For now, Elite is already preordered, Ace Attorney trilogy is coming from Play Asia at the end of the month, with Our World is Ended coming in March, but I surely hoped more VN were coming to Switch in the West, instead for now we only saw a bunch of otome games, which is a rather odd choice.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Before those ports came out, R;N Elite was literally only available on the Vita. It does not surprise me that it didn't come out in English before now; hopefully the ports will change that.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
In 2012 the only hope those games would make it across the pond was still JAST, which is basically the same as knowing the game you want will never be localized or will be localized at the heat death of the universe.
As R;N elite was recently released I would give SC more time before worrying.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
We also have to consider that there are basically 4 different retail forms for DaSH - PS4, Switch, Value set PS4 value set Switch. I think all together plus digital at least reached 8k. It isn't a very good result,but at least sufficient and not so much less than PS4/Vita Chaos;Child ports.
Spike Chunsoft is quite careful, I'm sure they know about the Operation HiddenHand made by SciADV fans because they sometimes post to Steins;Gate Reddit. Let's see in the following months, at least until the end of the year we can still have a bit of hope.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
More like Steins;Gate is well known. Chaos;Head wasn't translated, Chaos;Child is awesome but I wouldn't call it well know, not like S;G at least. I don't even know if the other games in the series will get a Western release honestly.
I played each and every game in the series available in English, and I've done my part buying S;G both on PC and Vita, and I can't wait to get Elite for Switch, but I'm honestly worried about the future of the series in the West. I mean, there were hints last year that there would be something coming westside, but R;N was released in 2012, the Elite version came out last week for Ps4 and Switch, I don't know what to think quite frankly.
For now, Elite is already preordered, Ace Attorney trilogy is coming from Play Asia at the end of the month, with Our World is Ended coming in March, but I surely hoped more VN were coming to Switch in the West, instead for now we only saw a bunch of otome games, which is a rather odd choice.
Don't forget World End Syndrome. Game looks really good, except apparently you can save only at certain points, which I find a bit ridiculous.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Only two chapters left of Linear Bounded Phenogram. Still surprised it's being handed out as a bonus for Elite instead of a stand-alone release in the West. The game is just that good.

sprinkles

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone whose remotely interested in psychological and LGBT themes should play Seabed, especially since it's on sale. One of the best VN's i've had the pleasure of playing. I was crying buckets by the end of it.

I just finished SeaBed, what a bittersweet ending. The mystery was not that mysterious in the end, but I fell in love with pretty much all major characters.

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I just finished SeaBed, what a bittersweet ending. The mystery was not that mysterious in the end, but I fell in love with pretty much all major characters.
Same here. Except Nenea. Her character was far too rushed. One second she's a stranger, and in the next she's coming onto Sachiko.

The ending leaned more towards sweet, but yeah it was devastating regardless.
I knew she was dead but finding out still felt like getting run over by a truck. Hopefully Takaoto can find happiness with the nurse and Sachiko can with Nenea.

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
Don't forget World End Syndrome. Game looks really good, except apparently you can save only at certain points, which I find a bit ridiculous.

Waiting for the preorder to go up on Amazon, I strongly believe in voting with my wallet, and if I have the chance to do my part in showing that even in the West there's a market for VN on Switch, I'll gladly do it :)

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
The physical release will be exclusive to Europe.
I hope it is in all Europe, I could be interested. For example, the limited edition of Steins;Gate Elite isn't available in Italy and I had to preorder it from France Amazon (even though I will save 10€ this way). The same is for Our World is Ended..

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
is anyone able to help me out with Song of Memories?

i'm stuck trying to get the normal endings to Kanon and Akira but can't get them to pop up, i've tried going for all the grey answers and going for all pink and got nothing, on the other endings i some how managed to get the normal endings first and oddly enough the game gave me the trophy for getting all normal endings but i haven't got these 2 yet

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Only two chapters left of Linear Bounded Phenogram. Still surprised it's being handed out as a bonus for Elite instead of a stand-alone release in the West. The game is just that good.
I'm guessing Spike Chunsoft will make the game purchasable separately within a year of Elite's release date.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, yeah, I was wondering if it was barebones like that, since I know the PS4 port of the original that came with 0 in Japan was.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Shizuka I just read the review of psxbrasil of Song of Memories and it seems to have a good story despite the huge amount of fan service.

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is anyone else super excited for Kudan no Folklore? It's a Yuri (lesbian) Horror Visual Novel being worked on the same people who did
Kotonoha Amrilato. Getting huge Aoishiro/Akaiito vibes from it.
Dwf49RIWwAIgv19.jpg

108818.jpg

Some CG.
point-img03.jpg

point-img04.jpg

cg03.jpg

http://sukerasparo.com/folklore/

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
Just started playing the english release of both Steins;Gate Elite and Linear Bounded Phenogram for the website I write for, and as there are no embargo dates for either of them, I'm free to answer any questions you guys might have about these games.

Does the game come on-disc with Elite, or is it a separate download code? Not sure if I want to get it for full price on PS4 just for Phenogram now, or if I'll be able to pick it up on sale down the road.

Glad to hear it's good though! I always wished it was translated. Already getting the Switch version for the 8-bit Adventure.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Does the game come on-disc with Elite, or is it a separate download code? Not sure if I want to get it for full price on PS4 just for Phenogram now, or if I'll be able to pick it up on sale down the road.

Glad to hear it's good though! I always wished it was translated. Already getting the Switch version for the 8-bit Adventure.

I got review codes for the games, but I'm willing to bet it'll be a download code with the physical Elite copy.