• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First of all, Neat! I didn't know we had a VN thread. I was just searching for a thread on Stein;s Gate Elite and found this.

Just started playing the english release of both Steins;Gate Elite and Linear Bounded Phenogram for the website I write for, and as there are no embargo dates for either of them, I'm free to answer any questions you guys might have about these games.

Something I've been curious about and haven't seen the answer to - Does Stein;s Gate Elite have voiced dialog, and if so, does it have it in English? Thanks!

Oct 28, 2017

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a visual novel newbie, but I think English voice acting is pretty rare for these games.

That's true, but since it's going to be pulling in scenes from the anime, and the anime has an English dub, I thought there was at least a small chance it might happen. (I know, different companies and rights issues and all that, but a small chance.)

It's really fine with me either way, but my wife would have been more likely to play it if it had an English dub.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It's been a long time coming and a bunch of delays, but my Grisaia Phantom Trigger vol 1-2 is finally shipping...

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's supposed to be out in 4 days, isn't it? I guess that wouldn't be surprising.

...sucks if you wanted that more than the actual game, though.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Yeah I bought it on switch and buying it on release again on Steam for both the 8-bit game and LBP, so kinda a shame

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Steins;Gate Linear Bounded Phenogram. The best stories are the first ones, but the rest aren't that bad. It's a 8/10 game for me, now I'll just have to finish Steins;Gate Elite some more for my review in two days.

gpn

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a long time coming and a bunch of delays, but my Grisaia Phantom Trigger vol 1-2 is finally shipping...

I just received the Grisaia Complete Box, so I hope Phantom Trigger isn't too far behind. Unfortunately these releases have taken so long I've been playing the digital versions since I couldn't wait. Hard copies will probably just get tossed into the closet. :\

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I just received the Grisaia Complete Box, so I hope Phantom Trigger isn't too far behind. Unfortunately these releases have taken so long I've been playing the digital versions since I couldn't wait. Hard copies will probably just get tossed into the closet. :\

Yeah, didn't realize that it just out to be the complete box, which looks quite nice! (I think I found out later that the boxset is the fully uncut H-version which is awkward since I don't play that, but the box is just too nice to sell... >_>)

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
I spent a couple of hours last night tinkering with DxWnd and YU-NO. Now I can run it in 1920x1440 and it looks almost identical with the PC-98 version. Well, apart from the music of course which is just a straight FM recording from the PC-98 version. It sounds good, although not as well defined compared with emulator/fmgen. I'd post screenshots, but I'm having trouble getting Steam Overlay to trigger. Probably something to do with the game still utilising DirectX 7.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, still?

The store page displayed it as free earlier today (immediately after I left for work...) but they changed it pretty fast.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Could you go about how to do it? I can't seem to get it.
Go to SteamDB, log in with your steam account (link at upper right), then there should be a download icon on the game's page (again, on SteamDB). Click that and you'll be prompted to ask if you want to open the link in Steam Client Bootstrapper. Say yes. Install prompt appears. (a bit less than) 9GB storage is needed (yeah).

Blu

Oct 25, 2017
Go to SteamDB, log in with your steam account (link at upper right), then there should be a download icon on the game's page (again, on SteamDB). Click that and you'll be prompted to ask if you want to open the link in Steam Client Bootstrapper. Say yes. Install prompt appears. (a bit less than) 9GB storage is needed (yeah).
Doesn't seem to work for me. When I try to install it just opens up the steam page for it. No download occurs.

Was hoping to get it since I missed it earlier today.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't realize that 8-bit Steins;Gate has no save feature... Is it pretty short then? Seems much different than I had thought. I'll have to keep my Switch battery topped off for whenever I do start it.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
This is really dumb. I really don't care about Elite and would rather pay for standalone Linear Bounded Phenogram.

I agree, but if you're aware of the fact that Linear Bounded Phenogram is a big visual novel with over 35 hours of play time, I'd actually think you're buying that one and getting Elite as a bonus. There's no way that they'd sell LBP for less than even 50USD had they decided to release it separately.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, but if you're aware of the fact that Linear Bounded Phenogram is a big visual novel with over 35 hours of play time, I'd actually think you're buying that one and getting Elite as a bonus. There's no way that they'd sell LBP for less than even 50USD had they decided to release it separately.

Do you (or anyone) know if it's on the disc with the PS4 copy, or is it a code that needs you to download from the Playstation store?

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's that long? Hahaha holy shit

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it was a regular retail release originally. That's a bit longer than I expected but not exactly surprising, hmm.

...I need to actually finish Death Mark's DLC so I can get to these recent releases. Been meaning to get back to that for weeks now but I keep putting it off. I only played the very start of it the first time due to how annoying it was to actually get to it (having to skip through main game ending again), and then after weeks I played a tiny bit more, and I think it's been weeks again...

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018

IF has confirmed that Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation is getting a LE for PC long the PS4, which means it'll include Kurumi body pillow.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I think one of the review said it is around 2 hours

Ok not bad, won't be hard to keep the Switch alive for that. I actually thought that it was a retelling of the entirety of S;G in 8-bit :x So silly about no saves though...

Surprised that Phenogram is so long though! I haven't had a chance to play 0 yet, would it have any references to it?