• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Evenicle is already on Steam. There are like 300 games with hentai in the title on the store. Valve's no-go is schoolgirls in visual novels, they don't seem concerned about other stuff.

HotHotHot

Oct 27, 2017
The content description makes it sound like Death Mark will be uncensored on Steam. You don't need an ESRB rating to release on PC but I thought they just wouldn't bother fixing it anyway.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The content description makes it sound like Death Mark will be uncensored on Steam. You don't need an ESRB rating to release on PC but I thought they just wouldn't bother fixing it anyway.

...wow, that really is literally the ESRB description with an extra sentence about the cut CG slapped on the end, huh.

I guess whoever actually wanted to see that can enough the game now...?

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Late news. A sequel of THE dark horse of 2018, Nukige Mitai na Shima ni Sunderu Watashi wa Dou Surya Ii Desu ka?, is coming in Summer 2019.

Well, it seems that I need to play the original game asap.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
CLOCKUP fully revealed their latest title, Dead Days.

Just read through the official site. This is going to be some crazy shit. :/

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished the Fate route of FSN. Definitely better than the anime adaptation I saw years ago! Still, from what I understand it's considered the weakest of the 3 routes. Since I very much enjoyed it I guess the best is yet to come, so I'm pretty excited!
My play time is at ~27hours, I didn't skip anything and didn't get many dead end, was on auto read. I saw on vndb that the length was around 50h but did it take in consideration all 3 route? Because it seems more like 75/80h is a better estimate.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
4RqEXew.png

This is what you're looking for wrt time commitment.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully MG brings over more of their stuff, and hopefully faster than maggot baits, feels like it's been ages.
Oh, I don't even know Maggot Baits is being translated! Just checked VNDB and noticed that it is a 2015 game. MG sure has many to catch up as it seems that CLOCKUP is really efficient in releasing stuff.

BTW, Dead Days is written by the same guy as Maggot Baits, and the official site says it will also be a gore fest. It will probably be my first experience with the company. I meant to pick up Erewhon before, but it seems that the text may be too difficult to me.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Oh, I don't even know Maggot Baits is being translated! Just checked VNDB and noticed that it is a 2015 game. MG sure has many to catch up as it seems that CLOCKUP is really efficient in releasing stuff.

BTW, Dead Days is written by the same guy as Maggot Baits, and the official site says it will also be a gore fest. It will probably be my first experience with the company. I meant to pick up Erewhon before, but it seems that the text may be too difficult to me.
Yeah the translator is Kouryuu and he does both translation and other work for MG (manages the website iirc) so it took a while, judging from his twitter he also seems kinda strict with TL quality so I guess that has an impact.
He shared some details about their TL QA years ago, it was interesting.

Same translator as DC3.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the translator is Kouryuu and he does both translation and other work for MG (manages the website iirc) so it took a while, judging from his twitter he also seems kinda strict with TL quality so I guess that has an impact.
He shared some details about their TL QA years ago, it was interesting.

Same translator as DC3.
At least they will be quality translations which is good for players.

Speaking of DC... the opening of DC4 is revealed not long ago.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
How is the rest of this series? My favorite seiyuu will be in DC4 so I'm rather interested to catch up.
I don't know... haven't played any of them. The series has way too many entries so it is very difficult to catch up.

BTW, which VA are you referring to? Let me guess, Nao Toyama? I really like her voice. Love Minase Inori, too.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, some chinese company got the rights for one of Sakurai steampunk novels, I guess it isn't so surprising since Mangagamer has been taking ages to localize sona-nyl

It's a shame and it really hurts, I really wanted more of the series, but I guess I'm dropping it now that it'll probably never be fully localized in english

https://store.steampowered.com/app/982400/_Fullvoice_ReBORN/
Is that how it works? I thought this sort of things is given out per language? Like, even if a company got the license to translate some works into a certain language, another company can still have the license to localize it into another language. (I really has no idea how this usually work with VNs)

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I know that Nekonyan had to establish a partnership with HIKARI FIELD because they already had licensed Akatsuki Work's Hello Lady! so I'm assuming it would have to happen the same thing here for an english translation. Although maybe it's a case by case basis?

edit: nvm I'm dumb it's probably a case by case basis depending on the licensing situation, so yeah maybe there's hope, I won't be expecting much though.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, unless one company like... gets the entirety of the international rights and then has to have the individuals ones they can't cover licensed from them in turn, it shouldn't be a problem.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
Do we have some news about the Tsukihime remake?
I know I shouldn't expect it soon since it probably won't release in English right away (or at all).

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad I only played Steins Gate this year. The wait for more Science Adventure content would've been excruciating otherwise. Got an order in for Chaos Child as well as SG0. Can't wait! The VN bug got me good.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If The House In Fata Morgana (Vita/PS4) doesn't release on March 14th then I expect it to be delayed to April or later.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Project Progress Update #13: Current Status of Game Development and Merchandise Production
First, we want to assure everyone that there are currently no plans of changing or removing any of the rewards we initially offered in the campaign. As we said in the update titled "Project Progress Update #11: Explanation Of Development Status And Revised Schedule", we re-evaluated the development schedule to give utmost priority to the Vita version the moment we knew about the deadline. As a result, right now the development of the Vita version has finished and we will proceed with the subsequent steps.

However, although the development of the Vita port itself has indeed finished, the manufacturing and publishing process has been consigned to an external company, and right now we cannot unilaterally disclose the progress of this process due to contract confidentiality terms.

The game will not be on Steam this month either, per the update.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Boxart of Steins;Gate Divergencies Assort (3-in-1 pack of 0, Darling of Loving Vows and Linear Bounded Phenogram)
71X6R4qkMXL._SL1000_.jpg

======================================
Oh fuck, minori quits software production.
D0eb47eUwAAa9vm.jpg:large

Last edited:

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Minori, best known for ef and eden*, has filed bankruptcy. Not too long ago Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm's developer sprite seized all business.

I heard that the visual novel market in Japan has a contraction rate of 15% per year. It means in the future we will see fewer VNs, but more will be localized.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
there's also Ikabey that's out today and under one wing

not next month as it's still the 28th of february, but still... close enough.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting for Dies irae's Vita port. One day, I hope it'll pay off waiting all this time.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I dunno, I enjoyed it, but I REALLY like chuni stuff.

Also I kinda forgot but JAST is teasing something to be revealed, but judging from their marketing (a licking tongue?) I guess it's a nukige?

Minori, best known for ef and eden*, has filed bankruptcy. Not too long ago Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm's developer sprite seized all business.

I heard that the visual novel market in Japan has a contraction rate of 15% per year. It means in the future we will see fewer VNs, but more will be localized.
at least it seems Trinoline is still happening

Also Valve has rejected Kara no Shoujo 2 and Cartagra

Dec 31, 2017

The PSVita version of the House in Fata Morgana has been rated by ESRB. Hopefully we get a release date soon

Last edited: