• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Steam has gone back on its previous decision to ban Hello Goodbye apparently, guess I have found my next moege

Steam's been all over the place. Did this one have that much objectional content in it?

The game has a few illustrations with very mild nudity and dialogue that contains sexual jokes and implications. Also, every appearing character is over 18 years old.

That's no worse than most AAA titles, just with anime girls.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
The story doesn't really make good on its premise or setting. It doesn't end up being that dark or serious, it's more of a charage.
that's fine I'm not really in the mood for something dark or serious tbh

edit: not that i dislike dark and serious, just not in the mood atm

Last edited:

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Just because people were talking about it earlier.

A new studio is dead, and it is a smaller one. Studio Ryokucha is gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I saw people complaining that Rance's games got banned on steam, and honestly I expected as much.

Even if all the girls were 18+, just having the anime aesthetic makes it really hard along with the theme of the games.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Got to Chapter 10 of Muv Luv Alternative. Time to end this suffering...!

On another note, OWIE (Our World is Ended) is painful. Even leaving aside homophobic remarks, it's hornier than some eroge. Obnoxiously so.

...I won't blame the TL though. Steiner tries to be faithful to the original Japanese, for better or worse.

KB

Oct 25, 2017
The western release of Nurse Love Syndrome is coming to PC on April 18th and Vita on 19th respectively, published by Degica Games. Meanwhile, Japan version will launch on Switch, PC and Vita on April 19th.
https://gematsu.com/2019/04/nurse-love-syndrome-launches-april-18-in-the-west-april-19-in-japan

Ah... Why no Switch version for the west? Maybe Degica does not have a devkit for Switch?
Degica published Rival Megagun on Switch so they should be capable of publishing it.
There's also japanese only Switch ports of Nurse Love Addiction and Symphonic Rain that have been out for a good while now on the Japanese eShop, but Degica have been completely silent regarding those also.
I asked Degica if they had any plans to release the Switch ports of any of the games, they responded that they had no plans at this time, but they would let higher-ups know that it is something people want.
I could imagine that the Vita port might've had the highest priority due to card manufacturing ending, but this apparent disregard feels kind of baffling.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Finally finished Muv Luv: Alternative earlier! Played the Vita version, and although it was still obviously censored, it was pretty obvious where and how things were changed, at least to me. I'll probably read the PC version on re-reads.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished Muv Luv: Alternative earlier! Played the Vita version, and although it was still obviously censored, it was pretty obvious where and how things were changed, at least to me. I'll probably read the PC version on re-reads.

The censored bit actually gave me a lot more goosebumps than the same uncensored bit, at least the one not related to sex.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Itching to play a RPG, so I ended up playing Soukoku no Arterial in weekends. Checked guides before starting my playthrough and lol, the influence from Shin Megami Tensei is too apparent. The whole game is divided into three routes: Angel Route, Demon Route and Human Route, so just like SMT where there are Law, Chaos and Neutal routes. Some heroines can only be pursued in a particular route and there are eight of them. So I will need to play through each route once and part of them a few times to collect all scenes. There are also superbosses which can only be accessed after clearing the three routes once. Eushully had also released four extra appends and I will need to buy the fourth one (also contain the second append, already got the first and the third is free for download) for a meaty story arc and other stiff. I think this game will last me at least 200 hours lol.

Gameplay-wise, it is a card-based RPG so players need to collect cards inside dungeons and form decks to fight enemies. I have just gotten through the first dungeon in the prologue and it is very fun to play. There is an auto-battle option so it will come in handy during New Game+. Very enjoyable so far and I can't wait to play more!

Degica published Rival Megagun on Switch so they should be capable of publishing it.
There's also japanese only Switch ports of Nurse Love Addiction and Symphonic Rain that have been out for a good while now on the Japanese eShop, but Degica have been completely silent regarding those also.
I asked Degica if they had any plans to release the Switch ports of any of the games, they responded that they had no plans at this time, but they would let higher-ups know that it is something people want.
I could imagine that the Vita port might've had the highest priority due to card manufacturing ending, but this apparent disregard feels kind of baffling.
Ah, I checked VNDB and did not see any VN on Switch published by them, so I thought they have not published any title on it... This is a weird as Switch is apparently the lead handheld platform now. Hopefully they will announce western releases for these Kogado games asap.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I really wish some of the companies that work on VN would localize eushully games.
I've been asking for it on every opportunity ( survey ), for years now. :'(

And complete fan translation exist for only, like, 1 title I think ? so sad..

Seriously that alone ( and the opportunity to buy Angel Densetsu for my manga collection ) make me wish I learned japanese. <.<"

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I interested in Muv Luv. Is the overall consensus good? What's the best platform /version? Any hints of a Switch port?

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
I interested in Muv Luv. Is the overall consensus good? What's the best platform /version? Any hints of a Switch port?

Personally I found Muv Luv Extra to be absolute torture to read, like watching a really bad early 2000s anime.
Things got more interesting with Unlimited, and then Alternative turned into a crazy wild ride and I was absolutely hooked.
In the end reading Extra is essential to the overall experience, but boy it didn't feel like it at the time lol.
The 18+ stuff is really not worth the extra money, so any of the all-ages versions will do.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I found Muv Luv Extra to be absolute torture to read, like watching a really bad early 2000s anime.
Things got more interesting with Unlimited, and then Alternative turned into a crazy wild ride and I was absolutely hooked.
In the end reading Extra is essential to the overall experience, but boy it didn't feel like it at the time lol.
The 18+ stuff is really not worth the extra money, so any of the all-ages versions will do.
So the order is Extra -> Unlimited -> Alternative? That's the whole deal?

Edit: EU PSN only has Muv Luv and Muv Luv Alternative. Any idea what that's about?

Edit 2: Same thing on Steam.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I was really excited to play Our World is Ended, but it's a game equal parts gross and mediocre. At least the art is pretty, though. I'm almost at the end, can't wait to get it over with and play something like Nurse Love Syndrome.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Did anyone see this game?

Some chinese-japanese collab visual novel. Art looks great, but apparently no english localization. On VNDB it shows english, on Steam it doesnt. Seems to be an intercultural story between China and Japan from 1988-1989.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
I've been asking for it on every opportunity ( survey ), for years now. :'(

And complete fan translation exist for only, like, 1 title I think ? so sad..

Seriously that alone ( and the opportunity to buy Angel Densetsu for my manga collection ) make me wish I learned japanese. <.<"
giphy.gif

It is a difficult, frustrating, time-consuming and yet extremely rewarding experience. I always recommend people to learn Japanese rather than waiting for translation. There are always titles that will never be localized. Three years ago I told myself that I have done waiting, so I got some textbooks and started learning. So far so good.
Did anyone see this game?

Some chinese-japanese collab visual novel. Art looks great, but apparently no english localization. On VNDB it shows english, on Steam it doesnt. Seems to be an intercultural story between China and Japan from 1988-1989.

It is written by Kataoka Tomo so story should be good. I am pretty excited about it.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

It is a difficult, frustrating, time-consuming and yet extremely rewarding experience. I always recommend people to learn Japanese rather than waiting for translation. There are always titles that will never be localized. Three years ago I told myself that I have done waiting, so I got some textbooks and started learning. So far so good.

It is written by Kataoka Tomo so story should be good. I am pretty excited about it.
Haha I guess that's true. I don't know.. it just feel like such a steep hill to climb, even in comparison to things I "achieved" in the past few years.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Totally forgot about the site howlongtobeat.com, for length of games. Looks like each each Parascientific game are only a few hours long each, so I think I'll work on those.... First game only a few mins in is already giving me VERY strong 999 vibes. I have a feeling that I'll enjoy these a lot more than Harvest December (that ongoing inpregnating storyline...)

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Totally forgot about the site howlongtobeat.com, for length of games. Looks like each each Parascientific game are only a few hours long each, so I think I'll work on those.... First game only a few mins in is already giving me VERY strong 999 vibes. I have a feeling that I'll enjoy these a lot more than Harvest December (that ongoing inpregnating storyline...)

The first one is pretty decent, got the other two during the ongoing sale thanks to you. I'll get to them after the onslaught of new visual novels for the first half of 2019.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
And you're only at the beginning, trust me. There will be even bigger twists.
You weren't lying 😂. Yesterday I finished Chapter 5 and it was twist after twist after twist. I kept playing even though I was really tired. I think it's the best chapter from the entire trilogy until now. V3 is brilliant. The music, the voice acting, everything is done to keep you hooked. This kind of games are rare these days.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
You weren't lying 😂. Yesterday I finished Chapter 5 and it was twist after twist after twist. I kept playing even though I was really tired. I think it's the best chapter from the entire trilogy until now. V3 is brilliant. The music, the voice acting, everything is done to keep you hooked. This kind of games are rare these days.
And will you trust me if I tell you that the twists are not finished yet? The ending will be something really surprising.
I agree with you anyway, I consider V3 the best Danganronpa game for all the aspects you mentioned.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I just noticed we still have no release date for YU-NO other than 2019. How were impressions of it?

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
^That is so weird...

"Hey, can you give us the license of 'Our World is Ended' for worldwide release?"

"Sure." (Proceed to give the license of PSV version rather than asking 'hey, actually we have a new version called Judgement 7. Which license do you want, this new version or the old one?')

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
I just read the OWIE news. We can't have a perfect release of a big VN on Switch. Death Mark (I got the censored picture), Steins Gate Elite (I would like an original art option) and now this.
Physical release looks good but I don't know if it's enough to pay for an inferior version. Those homophobic issues don't help either.

When does the embargo end?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I just read the OWIE news. We can't have a perfect release of a big VN on Switch. Death Mark (I got the censored picture), Steins Gate Elite (I would like an original art option) and now this.
Physical release looks good but I don't know if it's enough to pay for an inferior version. Those homophobic issues don't help either.

When does the embargo end?
Almost certainly not until the discount ends.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm completely flabbergasted by this, how did they not even know the enhanced port existed? they clearly had to port this from Vita themselves since it's not just a localization of the JP Switch/PS4 release...

it's just all so mindbogglingly dumb

He was just the one translating it. Not working directly at any of the companies involved.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Both are so close yet so far, I have been waitiing for ages now.

I'm completely flabbergasted by this, how did they not even know the enhanced port existed? they clearly had to port this from Vita themselves since it's not just a localization of the JP Switch/PS4 release...

it's just all so mindbogglingly dumb
I think that's a question for PQube, Steiner is a freelance translator and has already said on twitter that he doesn't know why that happened

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
Interested in Sona-Nyl, looks like My Sort Of Thing.
Played Cartagra recently and enjoyed it, probably one or two too many "twists" in the true route but overall a good experience.
Guess I should play Kara No Shojo next huh.