• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
TADA said a while ago that the last one he's thinking of remaking is 4 so that's what many fans are hoping for. 5D is...5D, and he believes 6+ is modern enough. I'm guessing he wants to leave Kichikuou as is.

He even teased about it in a tweet a few weeks back, before clarifying. People have been inundating him with requests for remakes of the classics as well, but I don't see it happening? Toushin Toshi and Toushin Toshi 2 seem like such obvious choices.

Hmm, interesting tweet. Although he said nothing is confirmed in the next tweet, I think it is pretty clear that 04 is on his mind.

Btw, hanny_king is a fun id, haha.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
it's not in their current project list
https://sekaiproject.com/pages/project-status

also the last time I looked at their trello board before it was scrubbed, and they moved their tracker to the link above, the project was put in the "icebox"
https://trello.com/c/KoQlom3y/51-dracu-riot

now empty trello board: https://trello.com/b/FSPQ4AFk/public

I guess there's some serious hold up
I remember it going into beta testing and even Doddler iirc posting a pic, and that's the last I hard of it. Really unfortunate.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
PeViUEH.jpg

After spending 4.5 hours, I have finally completed reading the early demo of Ryuusei World Actor. The demo is filled with foreshadowing and info dump so I need to write notes all the time, and my slow reading speed is certainly not helping in reducing playtime. It is mind-blowing that the official twitter account has confirmed that the "definitive" demo has 3 times of the content of this early demo, and it will be released in late May ~ early June. So the development staff boasting that the game is longer than 10+ volume of lightnovel is obviously not a bluff. If the whole game retains (or surpasses) the quality of this early demo, I would be more than pleased as it has already left a great impression on me.

Ryuusei World Actor has a twist in the hard-boiled detective story formula: a mix of cyberpunk world with fantasy creatures and races. The story takes place in Seventh Republic, a republican country built by seven races where they live equally (by concept) under the same government led by human race. Players follow detective Ruka Hiryu and his rookie partner Claris Zeinburg onto a journey, facing directly the darkest and violentest crimes inside Seventh Republic.

If you have read some of my previous posts in this thread, you can tell that I am reasonably (or unreasonably, depending on how you think) hyped for this game. Developed and produced by DiGination (subsidiary of the media giant DMM), written by Syougo Kinugasa (writer behind the VN series "Akatsuki no Goei" and light novel series "Classroom of the Elite") with art by Akinashi Yuu ("Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate" from sprite, "Jinrui no Minasama he" from Nippon Ichi), we are looking at a team with great track records and backed by good funding. Actually, the development team is also shooting for the stars: they have openly stated that, in an interview published by magazine BugBug, the goal of RWA is to become the best-selling VN of the year. In an industry where many talented writers have left to seek opportunities in manga and lightnovels realm and never look back, it is rare to see a successful writer return to his root and contribute to an ambitious VN project. Being a big fan of both Akatsuki no Goei as well as Classroom of the Elite, I really can't wait to read through this latest work from Kinugasa.
NuUwcmo.jpg

第七共和国へ、ようこそ。
Welcome to Seventh Republic​

The prologue being titled "The Country Hated By Sun (太陽に嫌われた国)" is pretty telling of the situation of Seventh Republic: sunlight is cut off by cloud that covers up the whole country, which is a result of weapons and magic used in a war in the past. People in Seventh Republic can only distinguish time through their watch rather than just simply, looking up the sky. This setting also fits a detective story perfectly: in our perceptions, criminals, perverts, dark creatures love lurking in the dark, and Seventh Republic always in night-time contribute to an unsafe and unstable atmosphere throughout the whole game. In-game background arts are drawn by Rapt. They contribute greatly to create and enhance the cyberpunk nature of Seventh Republic:

In Seventh Republic, there are races and creatures that can utilize supernatural power, and they are called "Magician" and "Keeper". Magicians refer to those who are born with power. In the demo, it is revealed that エルフ (Elf) can control wind while ウィプス (Wisp) can control fire. On the other hand, Keepers refer to those who acquire supernatural powers through unspecified means and not limited to race. While the means are not yet specified, the demo reveals that humans, if they follow the legal route, must undergo strict examinations so that they are permitted by the government to wield these supernatural powers. There are also illegal ways to gain access to these powers, so both police and criminals can acquire these destructive powers through different means.

It is obvious that these Magicians and Keepers are going to be the main sources of conflict in the game. In the demo, a secret society "Radiant Alliance (輝きの同盟)" is briefly mentioned and implied to be an extremely dangerous underground group who aims at "cleansing the country" by hunting down Keepers. I think it is a safe guess that this group of murderers is going to be the main villain of this game.
nWlm3nh.jpg

Ruka Hiryu, the asshole detective with hidden powers​

Ruka is the kind of detective that will never get promoted: rude, unpredictable, hard to control, passive work attitude, and like spending his time during working hours in a café nearby. He is deemed as the problematic by high-ups, and eventually got assigned to Section 13, a division specially designed to house these troubled cops.

In many VNs, the male protagonist takes a backseat so that the heroines can shine. This certainly does not apply to RWA. Ruka is so mysterious that it is hard to not get interested in him. While he is often regarded as an inept detective by colleagues, it is revealed that he was a passionate cop in the past, and he is still investigating and implied that secretly eliminating people related to "The Cult Incident (教団事件)", a massacre conducted by the Cult many years ago that are still nightmare to citizens in Seventh Republic. In addition, multiple scenes throughout the demo also implies that Ruka is a Keeper who wield unspecified power but need to take medicines to control and relief the side effects. Besides, Ruka also has a weird relationship with the boss of Section 1, Ikuta (who is a human supremacist so there is definitely some story here). Ikuta seems to fully comprehend the true face of Ruka, but he also seems to be the one who assigned Ruka to Division 13, whereas Ruka has expressed his hate towards Ikuta in multiple scenes.

Why does Ruka so emotionally involve with "The Cult Incident"? Where and how did he acquire supernatural power? What is his power anyway? Why does he need to take two types of medicine from time to time? What is Ikuta's motive to put Ruka in Division 13?... There are still so many questions surrounding Ruka, and I can't wait to find out the answers in the main game.
OnlZMBI.jpg

Claris Zeinburg, the unlucky rookie detective who seeks justice​

Being the very first newbie who is directly assigned to Section 13 after graduating from police academy, and also ordered to become Ruka's partner on her first day stepping inside the police department, Claris has a rough start of her career. She is passionate, hot-headed, stubborn but also often slow to react and sometimes mixing up words. Basically, she is the direct opposite of Ruka, and being an elf, she can control wind to give her flying ability, so she is a valuable personnel in investigation as well as combat sequence.

While she does not have any big reveals in the demo, an image on the official website shows that she is directly related to "The Cult Incident". Maybe she is a survivor of the massacre? Only time will tell.

BTW, it is also worth noting that she has contributed a few funny lines in the demo. Here is one of them:
7nJhSBF.png

"I hope senpai will be hit by a meteor and died, and somehow the insurance money will go inside my pocket!
iEpWoao.jpg

Komachi Shinomiya from transport division. She has too little screen time in the demo so I really have no idea what to write, but still, she is better than these two characters…
EQ0BuOD.jpg

VRvnZ9r.jpg

THEY DID NOT EVEN APPEAR IN THE DEMO! Considering the length of this demo, it is crazy that there are key characters who are not able to make an appearance. The two are Mell and Chiffon MacDougall. Personally I am very interested to learn more about Chiffon as she is casted by one of my favorite voice actresses, Yui Kusuhara. She is a poor セグイット (Segui'to? A human-like race that possesses superhuman physical strength) swordsman who works part-time at a fast food chain and is a neighbor of Ruka. I am very curious to learn why she will be involved with these police affairs of Ruka and Claris.

There are actually a few other characters in the game. Due to time and space, I would rather save them for you to enjoy their conversations with Ruka and Claris, which are very fun to read in-game.

Here is the end of my long write-up of this game. This must be the first time I wrote so much for a game. Hope you enjoyed reading this post. I will probably NOT play the next demo because it will make me too thirsty for the main game lol. BTW, a Day 1 purchase is a lock so see you again in Seventh Republic on July 26th! Till that day, I will go back and focus on playing Soukoku no Arterial and getting my hands on Tamayura Mirai, which is another VN that seems very promising in both art and story.

Edit: Fix some wordings and upload two Promotion Video.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
They did improve it at some point, but comparing the opening (which is all I saw of the original bad translation) it was very arbitrary. Some lines were much better, some were the same, some were changed completely but were still not very good. Not the approach they should have taken to fixing it.

So I did not continue it and would be interested in an actual solid translation.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Opening Movie of Ryuusei World Actor

awdZbsv.png

Was Ruka part of the cult (or Radiant Alliance? They never said who are the culprits of the Cult Incident)
I think that's judging from NISA's usual moe audience.
Well, I can understand their decision, but the market won't be there unless they cultivate it. If this is really the reason, Murder Detective won't come to the west as well.

Last edited:

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Alicesoft is continuing their artbook push with a newly announced entry.

We've already had Orion(2017) and Onigiri-kun(2018) release theirs, this time it's MIN-NARAKEN.

It'll consist of over 30 years of drawings with manuscripts, and be over 200 pages on high quality paper. I'm excited(obvious bias), but mainly because we're going to get Toushin Toshi art~

There will be 2 editions releasing on Jul 19th, 2019.

Regular Edition(2,900円+税 ):

Limited Edition(5,000円+税):

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Interesting NEKO WORKs is publishing this game themselves without sekai project, I guess that's another developer that's trying to remove middlemen

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Looks like Alicesoft's TADA is "retiring for some time".

He's officially got an advisor role now so he shows up to play every so often, but he says that he might officially return if he's ever up to it in the future.

He left after Rance 10 in June of last year. End of an era.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting on the Big in Japan sale to hit Europe so I can splurge on PS Vita VNs! Got Muv-Luv, Muv-Luv Alternative, Steins Gate 0, Danganronpa 2 and 3, and those two Utaware-something games in my sights. I hear Ar Nosurge Plus is kinda like a visual novel. Still on the fence about that one.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Alicesoft's TADA is "retiring for some time".

He's officially got an advisor role now so he shows up to play every so often, but he says that he might officially return if he's ever up to it in the future.

He left after Rance 10 in June of last year. End of an era.
What, this is big news. I has not yet even started playing Alicesoft games yet and one major part of its has already lost. Hopefully he has enough protégés to keep pumping out interesting games.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Death Mark is currently half price on NA eShop. Not EU. <Shakes fist>

Worth getting eShop currency @ $25?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Use PayPal instead of buying any eShop card.
I can't. I don't think my non-US PP will work, and to add my card to a US PP account, I'd have to unlink it from my existing account. Which is a pain, because I have scheduled payments using that account which will cause problems if I remove the card.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I can't. I don't think my non-US PP will work, and to add my card to a US PP account, I'd have to unlink it from my existing account. Which is a pain, because I have scheduled payments using that account which will cause problems if I remove the card.

My international PayPal works just fine with my NA Nintendo Account.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
My international PayPal works just fine with my NA Nintendo Account.
Weird. I get

"This PayPal account cannot be used with the current country/region setting for your Nintendo Account."

when I try to link the account.

Edit: figured another way. My wife has a debit card on the same bank account. Added that to US PP account and linked that. Death Mark is downloading. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!

Last edited:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got opinions on The Silver Case? I'm interested because of the suda connection, but reviews seem mixed. I like murder mysteries/crime fiction so it seems like I could enjoy it.

Feb 22, 2019
Anyone got opinions on The Silver Case? I'm interested because of the suda connection, but reviews seem mixed. I like murder mysteries/crime fiction so it seems like I could enjoy it.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's all about the 90s Chill Japan style. The storytelling can get convoluted at times, but you have fun if you sit back and enjoy the ride. It's refreshing how the writing is generally pretty tight, contrasting with most other VNs. Very satisfying and "unique" VN experience.

The sequel, The 25th Ward, was pretty good too and worth playing for fans of the first. The first has better characters though.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
bit late but nice to see about the simultaneous english release for the new when they cry

not that I had any doubt that it would get translated eventually but was expecting to have to wait a year or so

Samurien

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone looking forward to World End Syndrome on Thursday in NA?

Really wish we'd be getting a physical version over here but I'm not sure if I want to bother with importing the EU release.

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Someone is streaming VN songs on Youtube to welcome Reiwa lmao. Selections are pretty good, I have to say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7yyoIqNL7U

People do tend to overlook eroge songs. Even the lower quality ones tend to have decent to great openings.

I used to listen to those kind of song medleys all the time.

What, this is big news. I has not yet even started playing Alicesoft games yet and one major part of its has already lost. Hopefully he has enough protégés to keep pumping out interesting games.

Right, he's been there since Alicesoft's founding. It used to be ChampionSoft, but back then outside of a few exceptions, they're all known to be horrible games. Most of them being text parsers. (Like you type in "look tree", "enter door", but they'd be so specific that people still complain how impossible they are.)

Alicesoft to this day only recognizes three of those games, and that was back when they pushed out their freeware announcement. Maybe not coincidentally, all of those 3 were ones TADA worked on when he first joined. (2 of those games are linked and their characters play major roles in the Rance series even.)

As for the future? Who knows? The last time he stepped aside from a bit we got "Busou Shoujotachi Blade Briders" which was okay, but well below company standards so fans weren't pleased. So TADA had to come back and helped make "Evenicle" which is beloved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep forgetting I backed this. It's a shame that I'm no longer excited for it just because it has been so long. Sekai really fumbled it as they always do.

Last edited: