• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Ryu's art really is an acquired taste. It takes a while for it to grow on you, but I like it more than the modern sprites wheb it does.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
16th place now, it's actually going up in the global top sellers, this is very nice to see.

Vzn20Vk.png

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of starting Fata Morgana soonish. I see there's multiple games and stuff, is there anything specific to know beforehand? like recommended playing order, useful patches/mods, should I use a walkthrough?

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thinking of starting Fata Morgana soonish. I see there's multiple games and stuff, is there anything specific to know beforehand? like recommended playing order, useful patches/mods, should I use a walkthrough?
play the main game, then requiem for innocence, then reincarnation (which is ps4/vita exclusive).

You won't need a walkthrough.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Order is the original -> Requiem for Innocence -> Reincarnation.

There's just fairly quick bad ends off of choices, no routes or anything, so you should be fine just jumping in.

Deleted member 1055

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Compass of Dei Gratia -On The Fifth Day- kickstarter has launched:
Compass of Dei Gratia -On the Fifth Day- is an indie visual novel originally created and released in Japan in 2015 by indie developer Catalyst. A thriller/mystery/science fiction visual novel depicting the story of a group of survivors trapped in a sunken submersible, Compass of Dei Gratia is an homage to famous science-fiction visual novels such as Ever17 -Out of Infinity-. Although this is an indie title, the captivating story content and length are celebrated to be on par with many major visual novels releases in the genre.

Apr 24, 2018
At long last, finally getting around to playing some visual novel games outside of the Ace Attorney and Danganronpa franchises.

Played about an hour of Shibuya Scramble 428 the other day. Really dug it. This will be my next game after I finally wrap up Yakuza Kiwami II.

Have the following visual novels in my backlog after that:
House in Fata Morgana
Stein;s Gate Elite
Utwarerumono duology (Mask of Deception/Mask of Truth)

Can't wait!

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
finally got around to trying out subahibi like i've been half meaning to for a while with it on sale this week

a few hours in so far and i'll keep going but wow some muv luv level genre disconnect to push through with this start

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I am currently playing After Story in Clannad and I am starting to have negative vibes.
Tomoya continuously thinks about the town changing and the possibility that Nagisa will leave him, too. Her death is too much being foreshadowed... And now that she is going to have Ushio, I suppose her health will critically get worse. I suppose that this final route won't get a happy ending... I know anyway that After Story has tree routes -standard, Akio and true.

It is getting me so interested that, after beginning After Story, the only hour (often less) I can spend for games is dedicated to Clannad, instead of Link's Awakening. Nagisa's route in the school arc wasn't my favourite in comparison with Kyou's, Tomoyo's and Kotomi's, despite it being really good. But it is clear they were leaving everything related to Nagisa for After Story. And who known how many things still wait for me (and I already am over 50 hours).

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018
Is there much info out there about Raging Loop? I have an amazon voucher that expires in a week, and was looking at putting it towards this, but i have only found one review online, which was very middling. Am i right in thinking its only available in Japanese currently? Or is there a Steam version out there which any of you guys have played? I only have Vita and Switch (and 3DS) for my VN's btw.
Thanks!

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Is there much info out there about Raging Loop? I have an amazon voucher that expires in a week, and was looking at putting it towards this, but i have only found one review online, which was very middling. Am i right in thinking its only available in Japanese currently? Or is there a Steam version out there which any of you guys have played? I only have Vita and Switch (and 3DS) for my VN's btw.
Thanks!
It's currently only available in Japanese. The English version will be out this month on Switch and PS4 with an English Steam version coming in December.

I'm 8-10 hours into the JP Switch version but got sidetracked with another VN and then Ai The Somnium Files. Raging Loop is well-written, has an interesting story and it puts some new spins on the VN formula. I really liked what I played of it so far.

The game is already a bit of a cult favorite. It was voted into the Top 10 list of the best VNs/Adventure games by Famitsu readers and there's already a series of novels based on the story of the game. If you're on the fence and don't mind slight spoilers, then check out this older Era Import Thread as well as another good write-up that's linked in that thread. This should give you a good idea what the game is about.

Feb 15, 2018
It's currently only available in Japanese. The English version will be out this month on Switch and PS4 with an English Steam version coming in December.

I'm 8-10 hours into the JP Switch version but got sidetracked with another VN and then Ai The Somnium Files. Raging Loop is well-written, has an interesting story and it puts some new spins on the VN formula. I really liked what I played of it so far.

The game is already a bit of a cult favorite. It was voted into the Top 10 list of the best VNs/Adventure games by Famitsu readers and there's already a series of novels based on the story of the game. If you're on the fence and don't mind slight spoilers, then check out this older Era Import Thread as well as another good write-up that's linked in that thread. This should give you a good idea what the game is about.

Wow, thanks for all this info. I knew this would be the place to ask, but you have gone above and beyond!

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
finally got around to trying out subahibi like i've been half meaning to for a while with it on sale this week

a few hours in so far and i'll keep going but wow some muv luv level genre disconnect to push through with this start
Is that the VN which require to read some old novel beforehand to fully understand the story?

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from PC98_Audi PC98_Audi!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

PC98_Audi said:
OreZAIK.jpg

To celebrate the release of fault - milestone on Nintendo Switch, we're giving away 2 keys to the visual novel community here on ResetEra. If you win and happen to be in a different region, just PM @Audi

Release dates for other platforms will be announced soon---

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (North America) Nintendo Switch (North America): fault - milestone one - Won by ckareset ckareset
  • Nintendo Switch (North America) Nintendo Switch (North America): fault - milestone one - Won by eddiemunstr eddiemunstr

Oct 25, 2017
i have only finished chapter 1 but it is super pretty indeed, which was the reason i was interested in the first place, and i am surprised i liked the setting(the island and flying circus) and the characters so far.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017

like halfway into the second chapter now and it's amazing how quickly I got into it after the first chapter ended

not much has even happened yet really but definitely enjoying it quite a bit now

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
Been reading House in Fata Morgana (maybe I'll write some impressions later) and starting the 4th chapter I looked into the backlog for a bit and saw this. Really caught me off guard... I'm not sure I've ever been this spooked by a VN.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I have now finished the first walkthrough of Clannad After Story....
If I hadn't followed a guide to take the correct choices, I would have considered this a band ending... Why after Nagisa, also Ushio? The moment when Tomoya understood how many things his father sacrificed for him and decided to become a real fatherfor Ushio has been so touching, that Ushio's death was so unexpected and cruel... And then also the fact that the girl in the Illusionary World has been Ushio has been truly shocking. This VN carryes so many feelings with it... I still have Akio's route and then the true ending. I hope that, at least in the true ending, a sort of good ending is present, even though at this point I don't think so anymore

Apenheul

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm not super familiar with VNs, I played some of the Ace Attorney Games, 999 and VLR, Stein's;Gate, Root Letter and the first two Danganronpa's. Based on recommendations I spent my eShop credit on CLANNAD and also got World End Syndrome because I recall reading positive impressions for that game too. Now my question would be if a guide/walkthrough for my first playthrough is recommended, if:

1) I played Stein's;Gate (and all other VNs I've mentioned, though those are much more linear and less complex) without a guide and enjoyed the 'role playing' aspect of making my own choices even if I didn't get the best ending (I intend to revisit that game in some time and maybe use a guide for the second playthrough);

2) I typically don't 100% games.

I don't know CLANNAD and WES and was planning to just go in blind because I 'think' I prefer role-playing over 100% -ing the game, but if these games are really much more complex than the games I already mentioned I might change my mind.