m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Something we've been working on for the last few weeks, we and a few other otome / visual novel creators had wanted to contribute to the racial justice and equality bundle, however the bundle's stipulation participating games be appropriate for all audiences meant no overtly sexual/adult content.

To that end, we've coordinated our efforts with 13 other games to create an itch.io collection whose proceeds will benefit the Okra Project - a charity dedicated to combatting food insecurity and providing mental health services for black trans folk. We've worked to include some high quality and unique titles with romance as a common theme...and a shower simulator!

The bundle is currently live here:

Visual Novel Romance Collection for Black Trans Lives by Truant Pixel, LLC and 10 others

Visual Novel Romance Collection for Black Trans Lives: 14 items for $10.00
Akash: Path of the Five
Arcade Spirits
Heaven Will Be Mine
We Know the Devil
When the Night Comes
Errant Kingdom
Ladykiller in a Bind
YAGS (Yearning: A Gay Story)
First Job
BDSM Boys Side Story - A Day Off
Love Shore
Later Daters
Dream Hard
Rinse and Repeat

Total value for games in the bundle is $140, but we will request a minimum $10 donation (you can, of course, donate more).

The bundle will be live on 7/10 and run through 7/31 (After the end of the Steam Sale).

If you're interested in helping us support this cause, please retweet/share.

(I assume this does not violate the TOS in terms of self promotion because it is for the benefit of a charity, and we feel these issues warrant attention now, more than ever.

Also fuck TERFs.)

Last edited:

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Oh cool I'd been wanting to check out Heaven Will Be Mine.

Awesome stuff.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty dope. I'm going to buy it to show support ( don't play visual novels at all).

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
I already own seven of these but I'm down to giving money to a good cause.

Really enjoyed Arcade Spirits, LadyKiller, Heaven Will Be Mine, and Later Daters. Great bundle for a great cause.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks m0dus, both for the heads up and being involved in such a worth and important cause. I already felt you were good people doing good work but this is special, and again so truly thank you.

OP
OP
m0dus

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks m0dus, both for the heads up and being involved in such a worth and important cause. I already felt you were good people doing good work but this is special, and again so truly thank you.

Certainly. We were sad we couldn't participate in the racial justice bundle but we're hoping to turn that into something positive. :)

OP
OP
m0dus

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I might also ask the mods if it can be pinned at some point? So that while discussing the general shittiness so pervasive in our beloved hobby, we can turn that frustration into something positive for those who need it most :)

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
I can't buy it immediately, due to temporary financial exhaustion, but after the 15th I'll go ahead and pick it up.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet.

I had We Know the Devil and Ladykiller in a Bind on my Wishlist already.

Great excuse to nab 'em now.

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought. I already had a decent number of them, but the money is going to a good cause.

I played through We Know the Devil a little while ago, and was surprised to see a name I recognized from college in the credits.

OP
OP
m0dus

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Bumped for a small update - almost $35,000 raised. Collection is still available, lots of good games.

And I hope some of you will finally play Akash 😬

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The original goal was reached, and it now has a goal of $50,000. Once I finish one of the other games I'm currently playing, I'll start playing Akash.

OP
OP
m0dus

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The original goal was reached, and it now has a goal of $50,000. Once I finish one of the other games I'm currently playing, I'll start playing Akash.

Yeah, we bumped it up yesterday. I didn't update the thread since it seemed interest had waned a bit!

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
I have already so many VN on the backlog and you are not making things easy for me. 🤣

Will support regardless if I gather the money this week. Good luck with the sale!

OP
OP
m0dus

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
We've passed $50,000, So we've pushed to goalpost to $75K. The sale is ongoing, and all the games are worth your time :)

Jockel

Oct 27, 2017
Berlin
I heard great things about Ladykiller in a Bind... but I'll be honest, I'm not very interested in Romance VNs. Is any of those games good enough to get me over my genre apathy?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I heard great things about Ladykiller in a Bind... but I'll be honest, I'm not very interested in Romance VNs. Is any of those games good enough to get me over my genre apathy?
Unsure as haven't played them but as there's some queer stories there might be some insight to them that's valuable and interesting beyond the typical genre beats? I'm not versed in the genre and don't typically buy VN's but with the cause I figure you can't go wrong and there's bound to be at least a couple I either relate to or click for me.