• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Goli

Dec 17, 2017
Designer
Thanks for the replies on what I asked before, everyone.

By the way, what games of note have received an Asian release with English in them that haven't been released elsewhere in the world?

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I believe the question was "games of note" lol. Even if someone may find DOAX3 somehow of note, Bullet Girls is some of the most low effort trash that's had an official release, even more so the Vita version of it.

Well, 2/3 ain't bad.

"Of note" is kinda subjective to the person anyway surely, when we're talking about games too niche/fanservicey for the west?

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Someone else on reddit pointed that the trophies in the vita exclusive list seem to indicate its a combo of volumes 1 & 2. If it's reasonably priced I will bite, though I would have loved a physical of it :(

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Someone else on reddit pointed that the trophies in the vita exclusive list seem to indicate its a combo of volumes 1 & 2. If it's reasonably priced I will bite, though I would have loved a physical of it :(

I would love a physical copy of Fez, Vostok Inc, and Rogue Legacy. I hope Play-Asia is signing some much deserved titles.

OP
OP
Yasumi

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of love how Punch Line has an OP and ED during each chapter start/end, reminds me of Wild Arms. Top-class animeness.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Few new reviews done - Foul Play, a somewhat enjoyable but repetitive brawler:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/10/02/vita-foul-play-review/

Asdivine Hearts, a by-the-numbers Kemco JRPG (I'd heard this was one of the better ones... ehh):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/10/06/vita-asdivine-hearts-review/

And my favourite of the bunch, New Little King's Story - a brilliant game with some horrible performance issues:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/10/03/vita-new-little-kings-story-review/

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
My Vita is on 3.60 and I formated my memory card and then restored the system. I couldn't deactivate my PSVita because I couldn't go online without doing an update. It didn't ask me to deactivate because I formated the memory card first, then restored the system through Power Button+PS Button+R Button.

My question now - what happens if I sell the system (which I want to do) and the new owner makes a PSN account? Will there be any problems because I didn't deactivate before restoring?

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Not the Vita. I tried to do it and there is a note with something like "you can only deactivate a Vita through a Vita, not a PS3, PS4 or PC".

remanutd

Oct 29, 2017
New York
Hey guys, first post here, but I used to post over on GAF with a Relm avatar under the same name.

Anyway, after reading about the Vita being discontinued I decided to go ahead and buy one, as I know there are games I'm interested that are only available in it. I BARELY managed to get one where I live (Chile) but I managed to snatch a used PCH-1010. To my surprise I already had some cross-buy games which I played no mind to, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Currently I'm playing through P4G, and have Flower, Three Fourths Home, Dustforce and Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz downloaded, but I was hoping you guys could point me into the direction of some good Vita exclusives to get when I see them. I'm super into RPGs, so I already have my eye on Muramasa, Shiren and Odin Sphere. I'm also thinking of buying FFX HD Remaster, which, even though I already own on PS3, could be a good way to get me to play through X again and see if I manage to beat the Dark Aeons this time.

I do have a PS4 and PS3 though, but I'm more keen on playing through PS exclusives in a portable manner. Knowing that, anything else I should know?
Some of my favorites psvita exclusives are ModNation Racers Road Trip, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Killzone Mercenary, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Tearaway.

OP
OP
Yasumi

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Punchline done. I was surprised they packed a legit full anime episode in there. Not as twisty as I was expecting, but still really good. I enjoyed it a lot.

Also, don't look at the art book before beating it. Major plot twist spoilers contained within.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
When will Undertale, Stardew Valley and other high-profile Vita indies go on sale?

When will Stranger of Sword City Revisited go on sale? I too am waiting for a number of Vita/PSP games to go on sale, including Under Night In-birth, but have little hope at this point. I have a feeling sales have been poor enough for these things to not to be included in as many promotions. Or maybe they sell so well that it makes little to no sense to have them discounted :P

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
This week, I've written about Vita as a portable Neo Geo. Because why not!

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/10/09/vita-as-a-portable-neo-geo/

When will Stranger of Sword City Revisited go on sale? I too am waiting for a number of Vita/PSP games to go on sale, including Under Night In-birth, but have little hope at this point. I have a feeling sales have been poor enough for these things to not to be included in as many promotions. Or maybe they sell so well that it makes little to no sense to have them discounted :P

Waiting for Attractio here in Europe.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Experience is dead in the West, they must've closed shop and returned to self-publishing in Japan only. Actually, you should get the game before it's delisted.

Oct 26, 2017
Experience is dead in the West, they must've closed shop and returned to self-publishing in Japan only. Actually, you should get the game before it's delisted.

Pretty much. If they cared to continue self publishing here, they would have been the ones to do Death Mark and Demon Gaze 2. Not sure what they expected exactly with Revisited, considering it was digital only and it was just an enhanced version of a game we got not too long before. I honestly didn't mind SoSC compared to most of their drpgs, but asking me to pay $30 for a revision of a game I already bought is kinda ballsy. This should have been sold as a $15-20 dlc or Nisa should have just waited to do Revisited instead.