• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Does Persona 4 Dancing All Night spoil who the killer is in P4? I have managed to avoid that spoiler.
Directly? No.
Indirectly? I think a little.

So don't read this, but this is why I think so:

Having the person as a playable character when other characters aren't is sorta a big clue that they're more involved than one might first think.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Finished a new article, looking at XSEED & Marvelous' output on Vita:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....y-of-vita-games-spotlight-on-marvelous-xseed/

As many people know, I'm a bit miffed towards XSEED for their practical abandonment of Vita from about 2015 onwards, so I tried my best to be as un-ragey as possible in this one :P

Interesting read. Seems like Switch really will be the final nail in the coffin for Vita seeing how most JP developers are switching (heh) to it. Even Tecmo is dropping the Vita, and I thought they'd be sticking with it for quite a while tbh given their want to spread across as many platforms as possible.

2+2=5

Oct 29, 2017
Playing it! Since stan_marshIn Japan it did! :D

eiyuu-senki-english-translation.jpg

If you are a 1337 hacker with CFW Vita you can apply a TL patch. I loved my time with the PS3 version, wish the updated Gold Edition would get a chance to go World Wide..

Meh, the vita version exists and the texts are already localized so why not localize it and release it digitally?

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, the vita version exists and the texts are already localized so why not localize it and release it digitally?

You could say the same for a bunch of games. Fata Morgana, Ozmafia, Nightshade etc are all available on Steam in English, but their vita versions are Japanese only.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear that the Danganrompa guys are working on another Vita game, an action game no less. Speaking of action games on the Vita, currently loving playing the Ys games through on my Vita (got the PSP games downloaded onto it as well). Can't wait to get to the three Ys Vita titles soon.

Staal

Oct 27, 2017
Woohoo, a thread about my favourite system. I have an original system from launch, but it is slowly starting to have some battery problems, where it won't hold its charge. So I'm slowly looking into replacement options. Does anybody know if they are still producing Vita's or if they have started clearing the remaining stock?

Anyway, just finished the first Steamworld Dig, great little game, and Hue, which was a nice puzzler. Not sure what to play next, Hatoful Boyfriend, Danganronpa 2, Darkest Dungeon or finally finish P3P.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Woohoo, a thread about my favourite system. I have an original system from launch, but it is slowly starting to have some battery problems, where it won't hold its charge. So I'm slowly looking into replacement options. Does anybody know if they are still producing Vita's or if they have started clearing the remaining stock?

Anyway, just finished the first Steamworld Dig, great little game, and Hue, which was a nice puzzler. Not sure what to play next, Hatoful Boyfriend, Danganronpa 2, Darkest Dungeon or finally finish P3P.

Hatoful Boyfriend.

Snumpus

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

My Japanese import model was manufactured in 2016 so they were still producing them as of then at least.

Staal

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be visiting Singapore for business in December. Does anybody know if you can still buy a Vita in shops there?

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I'll be visiting Singapore for business in December. Does anybody know if you can still buy a Vita in shops there?

I'm pretty sure you can, but just to be safe I sent a text to my friend in Singapore to check with him. I'll let you know as soon as he gets back to me. :) Might even be able to recommend shops.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
http://www./article/270109/an-interview-with-cyberthreats-developer-on-his-upcoming-rpg/

I recently got chance to interview Cyberthreat's developer about his upcoming RPG (still on track for Vita it seems) for anyone interested

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
A few days ago I finally got the Platinum Trophy for Killzone Mercenary.
It sure was a grind in the end to get the 10.000 Kills trophy, but it's done.

so... all in all I've completed the entire campaign multiple times and played over 100 online matches.
but now I'm totally burned out... I've seen absolutely everything the game has to offer in the about 40 hours of play time.
I don't even mean that in a bad way... it's a great game.

recently I checked the global leaderboards and the first guy on the list has done about 4500 contracts.... keep in mind there are 9 missions and 3 contracts each that are just variations of said 9 missions. so after 36 missions/contracts you have seen all there is story-wise.
that blows my mind on so many levels.

I actually contacted him and talked with him about it..nice guy. Says he just liked the game, tried to glitch some missions and so on.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
A few days ago I finally got the Platinum Trophy for Killzone Mercenary.
It sure was a grind in the end to get the 10.000 Kills trophy, but it's done.

so... all in all I've completed the entire campaign multiple times and played over 100 online matches.
but now I'm totally burned out... I've seen absolutely everything the game has to offer in the about 40 hours of play time.
I don't even mean that in a bad way... it's a great game.

recently I checked the global leaderboards and the first guy on the list has done about 4500 contracts.... keep in mind there are 9 missions and 3 contracts each that are just variations of said 9 missions. so after 36 missions/contracts you have seen all there is story-wise.
that blows my mind on so many levels.

I actually contacted him and talked with him about it..nice guy. Says he just liked the game, tried to glitch some missions and so on.

I'm really surprised people are still playing it. Like I know I shouldn't be, but still... I couldn't play more than an hour at a time and after about a week I just got tired with it. Trophies or not I was happy to be done with it. That said, it somehow did manage to be the best Killzone game lol.

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So Yuusha Shisu, aka Hero Must Die, was brought up a little while back as a game that some wished was localized. But is it worth importing? If anyone who has played it or extensively watched gameplay videos of it can weigh in, that would be great. Also, I usually blunder and guess my way through an import game while occasionally looking stuff up. I assume this shouldn't be a problem with this game?

Basically, what it comes down to is whether this game is worth $29 USD.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm really surprised people are still playing it. Like I know I shouldn't be, but still... I couldn't play more than an hour at a time and after about a week I just got tired with it. Trophies or not I was happy to be done with it. That said, it somehow did manage to be the best Killzone game lol.

I feel like I'm the only person who liked Shadow Fall, but that's a discussion for another thread.

but yeah, I really enjoyed Mercenary, the contracts were fun but too few.

RadicalR

Oct 27, 2017
So Yuusha Shisu, aka Hero Must Die, was brought up a little while back as a game that some wished was localized. But is it worth importing? If anyone who has played it or extensively watched gameplay videos of it can weigh in, that would be great. Also, I usually blunder and guess my way through an import game while occasionally looking stuff up. I assume this shouldn't be a problem with this game?

I picked this game up in Japan. I'm digging it so far, but it's basically groundhog day in JRPG, becoming more of a puzzle game. Basically, the hero defeats the evil lord at cost of his own life, but is granted a reprieve to tie up loose ends.

In other words, expect to be replaying the same scenes over again. I'm baffled why this game didn't make it to the West.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You guys who canceled your Tokyo Tattoo Girls pre-orders made the right decision. This game is awful. Pretty close to one of the worst I've played on VIta. Avoid it.

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Despite a lot of negative opinions, I'm gonna take a chance on TTG. After watching a review on it, it does seem like a game I'll enjoy, since I LOVE Risk-type games, and as far as i know there's nothing in that genre on the Vita.

I picked this game up in Japan. I'm digging it so far, but it's basically groundhog day in JRPG, becoming more of a puzzle game. Basically, the hero defeats the evil lord at cost of his own life, but is granted a reprieve to tie up loose ends.

In other words, expect to be replaying the same scenes over again. I'm baffled why this game didn't make it to the West.

Thanks! Decided to go ahead and import it. Replaying the same scenes isn't a problem since I'll probably be skipping through those anyways, and I like games where you repeat timelines to try to improve what you did last time.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

It's got basic turn-based combat and some simple 2D dungeon exploration, but what I played of it was fun. Would love to understand the story better.

I'm a sucker for these sort of low-budget 3D RPGs and everything about HMD just appealed to me so much.

There's actually a fair few games on that which were supposed to be releasing on Vita at one point or another:

A Duel Hand Disaster: Trackher
Children of Morta
Crossing Souls
Deadbolt
EarthNight
Fault Milestone One
Iconoclasts
World End Economica
YIIK

I wonder how many, if any, will actually land on it in the end lol. Since Deadbolt was recently rated I'm guessing that's coming. Iconoclasts too. The rest... ehh.

As a side note, I'm still miffed Horizon Chase isn't coming to Vita.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope, completely unrelated. I haven't played Root Letter, and I haven't heard good things about it, but Root Double is great. Think Zero Escape without the puzzles, and focusing on character development rather than twists.

Thank god. Root Letter is capital Not Good. I'll definitely check out Root Double then.