• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Vivian

Oct 26, 2017
England
The only thing Root Letter has over Root Double is the art style. As much as I like Root Double, its art is horribly generic.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Dang.

How is Gundamn Extreme vs. Forces on Vita? I might be able to get a JP copy for cheap so would it be difficult to navigate the menus?

The story is cack anyway, so you're not missing anything there. Should be easy to navigate menus if you just look at a youtube vid once or twice.

Also, genuinely, it's one of my favourite games on Vita. I loved the mix of action and strategy. I reviewed it here if you're interested:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2016/12/15/vita-mobile-suit-gundam-extreme-vs-force-review/

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Root Double's art reminds me of muv-luv for some reason.

It's nice to have all this good news today though. I still feel like Grisaia Trilogy is never coming though.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Since Root Double will not be available physically and probably won't be released in Europe either, I will probably not be able to play it on Vita..

RadicalR

Oct 27, 2017
So I had a pretty good month. (please ignore the non vita stuff.)

sforwfI.jpg

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

sforwfI.jpg
Excellent haul. I see a lot of excellent games in there. Give Time Travelers a go when you have the time, its brilliant in my opinion. Absolutely loved the story and characters in the game. A real shame its Japan only.

Also, do yourself a favour and play both Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan and Ishin at your earliest convenience. I'm an enormous fan of the series and those two games are pretty much my favourite two games in the series. So damn good! Its been 3? years since Ishin was released and I still can't get over how amazing the finale of the game was!

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
While waiting for a price drop on final fantasy X/x2 and ys 8 I've successfully platinumed Sao lost song and am close to doing so on hollow fragment. I think after those games though I'm running out of vita games to play. Maybe it doesn't mean life after all :(

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Great pickups. I really need to pick up Summon night and Tokyo Tattoo Girls sometime this week

Yea, I think I'm gonna try to get my hands on the Wonderful Edition before it's to late. Maybe I'll be able to do it by the end of this month. I want to focus on getting Wii Shop Channel stuff out of the way once we hit December. Lord knows I'll regret it if I don't.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
If you like VN's it is. I would rate S;G above anything in the Chaos; series though. Same world but totally different subject matter. If you haven't played S;G or S;G 0 though, why bother? What makes you think you'll get around to C;C?

As a quick aside, does this apply to S;G 0 as well?

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
If you guys didn't pick up any of the Play Asia Exclusives, right now they are on sale for 2 for 29.99 (the ones that have Black Friday icon).

Personally picked up Semispheres and Tachyon Project for 36 after using the GEMATSU $3 off coupon. Heck of a deal.

https://www.play-asia.com/info/BLACKFRIDAY2017?ref=Black2017_webskin

Seriously. I already had the Vita ones, but I went ahead and ordered an extra Tachyon and Blue cover Semisphere. Debating if I should pick up any of the PS4 ones.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Directly? No.
Indirectly? I think a little.

So don't read this, but this is why I think so:

Having the person as a playable character when other characters aren't is sorta a big clue that they're more involved than one might first think.

The killer is playable as DLC only, iirc? As long as they avoid looking at the DLC list they should be fine

Anyway, just finished the first Steamworld Dig, great little game, and Hue, which was a nice puzzler. Not sure what to play next, Hatoful Boyfriend, Danganronpa 2, Darkest Dungeon or finally finish P3P.

Hatoful on Vita has horrible audio glitches, unless you are hard of hearing or play on mute I'd avoid that version personally. If you have a PS4, it runs fine there, I'm pretty sure the PSN version is crossbuy and works on PS4/Vita.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
what is wrong with the voices in summon nigh. they don't sound right.. been enjoying the game play and the art. but the voices I dont know something is not right. also the amount of text is insane, and i am coming right out of utawarerumono.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
what is wrong with the voices in summon nigh. they don't sound right.. been enjoying the game play and the art. but the voices I dont know something is not right. also the amount of text is insane, and i am coming right out of utawarerumono.
About 40% of the voices are terrible and unfortunately many of them are in Raj's section of the game right in the beginning.

It's super heavy on text. A majority of the conversations are optional, though, so feel free to skip them if you don't care about the characters.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Just mute the voice work.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

sforwfI.jpg

Wow, that's awesome! I'm really unsure whether I should grab KanColle Kai now while you can still get copies or not, because it seems like quite a difficult import title to play.

What's the top right game below Tachyon Project and above Gundam Breaker?

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy, I made my way here.

Hi all.

Wasn't part of the previous thread on the old place (which I was just made aware of), but didn't really post much at the old place anyways.

But I've been quite active here, so might as well join in on another fun thread. :D

Good timing too, because one of my recent package just arrived. ^____^
wl3f8YXl.jpg

Esfolia

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Oh boy, I made my way here.

Hi all.

Wasn't part of the previous thread on the old place (which I was just made aware of), but didn't really post much at the old place anyways.

But I've been quite active here, so might as well join in on another fun thread. :D

Good timing too, because one of my recent package just arrived. ^____^
wl3f8YXl.jpg

Looks great! I wish we got some of these games localized.

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
Wow, that's awesome! I'm really unsure whether I should grab KanColle Kai now while you can still get copies or not, because it seems like quite a difficult import title to play.
As someone who took 3 years of japanese and considers himself relatively proficient, the Kanji in Kancolle makes it incredibly difficult (if you're a fan of the series you should already know they love to use kanji for words that are normally kana and often use outdated WWII kanji that are difficult to look up). I think there does exist some guides that didn't exist when I first got the game so maybe it's easier now.

Fortunately I got it mostly just to have it as a fan. It seems like a great offline port of a gatcha game, but the game is 100% menus so I had a lot of trouble getting into it and once I stopped all those obscure kanji flew out of my head and I quickly forgot how to play again, making me not want to pick it back up to relearn menus.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who took 3 years of japanese and considers himself relatively proficient, the Kanji in Kancolle makes it incredibly difficult (if you're a fan of the series you should already know they love to use kanji for words that are normally kana and often use outdated WWII kanji that are difficult to look up). I think there does exist some guides that didn't exist when I first got the game so maybe it's easier now.

Fortunately I got it mostly just to have it as a fan. It seems like a great offline port of a gatcha game, but the game is 100% menus so I had a lot of trouble getting into it and once I stopped all those obscure kanji flew out of my head and I quickly forgot how to play again, making me not want to pick it back up to relearn menus.

Thanks. That's pretty much what I expected (heavily menu-focused) so I think I'll continue to give it a miss then.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017

That sounds like the perfect game for me since I can read Chinese. :D

Hadn't really been pursuing it all that attentively, but may make more of an effort now. ^___^

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
That sounds like the perfect game for me since I can read Chinese. :D

Hadn't really been pursuing it all that attentively, but may make more of an effort now. ^___^
I mean if was fairly fun for a gatcha while I was playing (being offline with no micro-transactions it's missing a lot of the reasons I ignore these games), so I'd recommend it to people interested, but only to people very proficient at reading Japanese.

I mean, I know I'm very rusty but many of the kanji are not even part of the Jouyou Kanji list, so even if my vocabulary was up to snuff this stuff would still be dense and hard to read!

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Starting on the 20th, Iffy's NA and EU stores will have a ton of Vita (and PS4) games on sale for the holidays. Plus new merch all around.

Also for fellow LINE users, Mary Skelter stickers are available in English and Japanese from the sticker shop. :)

RadicalR

Oct 27, 2017
Starting on the 20th, Iffy's NA and EU stores will have a ton of Vita (and PS4) games on sale for the holidays. Plus new merch all around.

Also for fellow LINE users, Mary Skelter stickers are available in English and Japanese from the sticker shop. :)

Goddamnit, now I want to start using LINE. CURSE YOU.