• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

calc84maniac

Oct 25, 2017
CC seems to be all over the place still. I wonder why S;G 0 would be so much harder to find since it's a bigger game.
Probably holiday sales combined with more exposure due to the anime getting trailers, if I had to guess.

I saw a tweet from PQube once that implied it didn't sell as well as expected initially, so maybe they dialed down prints after that.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
PS Vita Games

1 God of War: Collection PS Vita
2 Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom
3 Jak and Daxter Collection
4 Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
5 Persona 4 Golden
6 Salt and Sanctuary
7 Need for Speed Most Wanted
8 Ratchet & Clank Collection
9 Star Wars: Battlefront II
10 PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/01/05/playstation-store-the-top-downloads-of-2017/

i'm always impressed that the best selling games in vita are rarely discussed in the more "hardcore" threads were we mostly talk about japanese games

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS Vita Games

1 God of War: Collection PS Vita
2 Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom
3 Jak and Daxter Collection
4 Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
5 Persona 4 Golden
6 Salt and Sanctuary
7 Need for Speed Most Wanted
8 Ratchet & Clank Collection
9 Star Wars: Battlefront II
10 PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/01/05/playstation-store-the-top-downloads-of-2017/

All from sales as usual. Are Vita owners not buying new games? That makes me a bit worried for future titles. I do still see too many "wait for a sale" or "no physical no buy" people for comfort.

Hey, thank you very much, I appreciate it :)

Final list is done - my top 10 Vita games:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/01/05/my-top-vita-games-2018-top-10/

Not a huge lot of change from last year but that's because they're all such brilliant games.

I don't know how Q Force got anywhere near a top 75 but the best two Atelier in the top 10 is legit. Can't help but notice a lack of Utawarerumono though.

Last edited:

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how Q Force got anywhere near a top 75 but the best two Atelier in the top 10 is legit. Can't help but notice a lack of Utawarerumono though.

I enjoyed Q-Force more than I think a lot of people did but it'll likely be replaced by one of the earlier Ratchet games when I replay them this year. It's just been too long since I last played them (and not on Vita anyway) for me to really include them.

Haven't played Uta yet - planning to this year, but the remake of the first may have scuppered my plans as I might wait and see what happens with that.

(Also, highfive for agreeing on the two best Atelier games \o )

Just you wait for your #1 to be replaced this year.

And what might that be by? :o

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Solid list, Kresnik, I enjoyed reading it!

I was surprised by the absence of Persona 4 Golden, though.

Haha, I've had that comment more than once and I was expecting it too.

I played Persona 3 Portable a few years ago and didn't much like it, so I figured P4G wouldn't be for me.

I've since revisited P3P and liked it more than I did the first time so maybe 2018 will finally be the year I play P4G.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

I played Persona 3 Portable a few years ago and didn't much like it, so I figured P4G wouldn't be for me.

I've since revisited P3P and liked it more than I did the first time so maybe 2018 will finally be the year I play P4G.
It depends on what you didn't like about P3P. If it's the calendar, the battle system and the dungeon with the randomized floors, P4G probably won't make you reconsider your opinion on the franchise.

I do think P4G is overall better than P3P, with proper character models, animations and all that. The story is also more evenly paced, more cheerful in general (I personally disliked the gloominess of P3), and the social links are better written.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017

P3P > P4G >>> P5

The only thing that improved is the gameplay, really. Story and characters just keep getting worse.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
It depends on what you didn't like about P3P. If it's the calendar, the battle system and the dungeon with the randomized floors, P4G probably won't make you reconsider your opinion on the franchise.

I do think P4G is overall better than P3P, with proper character models, animations and all that. The story is also more evenly paced, more cheerful in general (I personally disliked the gloominess of P3), and the social links are better written.

I quite liked the gloomy tone of P3P and the characters were beginning to grow on me. But yeah, the copy-pasted dungeon and glacial pace it was moving at made me give up on it originally.

P3P > P4G >>> P5

The only thing that improved is the gameplay, really. Story and characters just keep getting worse.

Hm. That's a bummer - the things I liked got worse and the things I didn't like are getting better lol.

Deleted member 932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, personally I enjoyed P4G much much more than P3P. Way less grindy imo. Plus the dungeons, while randomized, have different themes and soundtracks, so there is more variety.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
On the subject of Persona, four is the only one I can't finish of the five. It's too damn boring and has ultra annoying characters. =_= I wish any other Persona got ported to Vita honestly.

Scavenger

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Hi VitaEra,

So I noticed that there are sellers on Aliexpress that have LCD panels for the Vita 1000 models. Has anyone of you here installed one of these? I'm interested in the quality.

I was also wondering if there are any customs-friendly places that have the NA version of Danganronpa V3 in stock. It's out of stock at DeepDiscount.com and VGP at the moment.

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hey, thank you very much, I appreciate it :)

Final list is done - my top 10 Vita games:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/01/05/my-top-vita-games-2018-top-10/

Not a huge lot of change from last year but that's because they're all such brilliant games.
Nice list. Also got reminded about how terrible hotline miami 2 was compared to 1. 1 is superb. that was the golden era of vita indie ports for sure. spelunky, hotlinemiami. the greats.

Powwa

Oct 28, 2017
There are certain games disappoints me that they never made it to the west. Like Luminous Arc Infinity, Uppers, Net High. Even otomes making it, how come we never had these localized?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
71NwFy7tloL._SL1000_.jpg

719UTYJ%2B4NL._SL1000_.jpg

Firestar

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hi VitaEra,

So I noticed that there are sellers on Aliexpress that have LCD panels for the Vita 1000 models. Has anyone of you here installed one of these? I'm interested in the quality.

I was also wondering if there are any customs-friendly places that have the NA version of Danganronpa V3 in stock. It's out of stock at DeepDiscount.com and VGP at the moment.

I recently installed this panel in blue and it looks great. Very easy to install, I compared the screen to my original oled vita (I have an extra one for henkaku) and it actually looks slightly better, probably just because it hasn't been used or have any screen burn in yet.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've been kicking around Freedom Wars over the past week. I was on a trip and had a few hours of down time. I was surprised by how many people are still playing this game. I started up a lobby and it filled up pretty quickly. I also didn't have any trouble finding open lobbies.

Are any of you guys still playing this? LTTP interest?

Scavenger

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I recently installed this panel in blue and it looks great. Very easy to install, I compared the screen to my original oled vita (I have an extra one for henkaku) and it actually looks slightly better, probably just because it hasn't been used or have any screen burn in yet.
Thanks. Is it really an LCD like mentioned in the Aliexpress description, or is it OLED?

That blue panel looks amazing. I've seen someone on reddit also do the swap: https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/7o1ap4/sapphire_blue_oled_swap_finally_starting_to_do/

I'm surprised at all the available parts on Aliexpress. One could probably DIY a whole Vita from all those parts for less than $100.

Firestar

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Thanks. Is it really an LCD like mentioned in the Aliexpress description, or is it OLED?

That blue panel looks amazing. I've seen someone on reddit also do the swap: https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/7o1ap4/sapphire_blue_oled_swap_finally_starting_to_do/

I'm surprised at all the available parts on Aliexpress. One could probably DIY a whole Vita from all those parts for less than $100.

Yeah I just saw that thread too, looks exactly like on there. It's definitely an OLED, just bad english on their part I think. There are tons of parts on aliexpress, I bought a refurb vita and now I wish I just built it from parts on there.
Although I can't find any red front frames, and I also haven't found a matching blue back touch panel with the frame included.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I know that, I mean that I wish sony still supported the pstv. It was such a good concept that got outted for psnow. No point in buying it to now since a vita is infintely better.

Also is there really no Senran Kagura thread? Someone should make one. I would if I could.
Unfortunately prices are climbing, but I think a PSTV is still worth owning if you can find one for cheap. Still probably the easiest way to play certain Vita games on a TV. I just wish that Sony would patch in proper PSOne Classics display options. I've given up on whitelisting older titles on official firmware, but at least they could fix the PSOne emulator.

Powwa

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like a sucker to buy it last month for almost the full price, should have waited -_-

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
My new Vita should be here in the next couple hours, I'm so excited. Already deactivated one of my older Vita's, got a fresh 32GB Memory card, Got my Ghost in the Shell and F/GO phone straps so I never ever drop it.... Can't decide what I wanna play first on it, but I am READY.