• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Nice list. Also got reminded about how terrible hotline miami 2 was compared to 1. 1 is superb. that was the golden era of vita indie ports for sure. spelunky, hotlinemiami. the greats.

2013 was a great year for indies on Vita indeed.

Oh no, I reinstalled FM 2014... What am I thinking...

I never quite got into this as much as I did the other games in the series, I should give it another try.

OT: Can't remember if this was mentioned already mentioned, but looks like another Kemco RPG is coming to Vita:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7096-dragon-sinker

Released on 3DS a while ago.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I love that the paint on my new Vita is matte instead of gloss. Also I noticed the wi-fi is better on this new one (2016 model btw) versus my 2013 Slim, that is the range is better by at least 10 meters and it's more stable!

Side by side I can tell a difference in maximum screen brightness as well, didn't think I would even if I do use my Vita a lot. Guess I didn't realize how much though. I'll be keeping the 2013 slim for button masher games, mine as well abuse that one now and treat my new one really good for a while haha. I really do love it, this Aqua Blue Vita may just be my favorite looking device I've ever owned.

Kinda makes me upset all over again how bad Sony let the poor thing down. Well I can be happy knowing my Vita backlog still has a ways to go. :)

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Would someone be able to tell me some games that I might have missed since Henkaku/3.60? I recently got DanganRonpa v3 and I plan on getting Papers Please soon, but beside that I'm not entirely sure.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
0tQctJyl.jpg

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Can someone please help me? I could swear Chrono Cross was available on the Store through the Vita but it isn't anymore. If I buy it through the web store, will I be able to download it directly to the Vita? I never got around to play this game but suddenly I really want to.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please help me? I could swear Chrono Cross was available on the Store through the Vita but it isn't anymore. If I buy it through the web store, will I be able to download it directly to the Vita? I never got around to play this game but suddenly I really want to.

Yep. Vita's store is shit, and Sony can't be arsed to fix it. Quite a few games 'disappeared' and the only way you can buy them is through the webstore.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to import saves from a digital game into a physical one without using plus?

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Bit late to the party, but I finished my review of Papers, Please on Vita:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/01/09/vita-papers-please-review/

Played it years ago on PC, was nice to revisit on Vita. Worked pretty well between buttons and touch screen too.

Great review as always :D.

Can't help but notice you didn't take advantage to complete the pun in the conclusion :P. Something like:

Taking what seems like a dull idea on paper and turning it into a fantastically addictive game, Papers, Please makes a brilliant addition to Vita's library that is sure to please anyone who tries it. The dystopian theme makes a perfect backdrop for the narrative adventure to take place on and a number of surprisingly emotional touches make this a story you won't forget any time soon – no matter how it plays out.

I love that the paint on my new Vita is matte instead of gloss. Also I noticed the wi-fi is better on this new one (2016 model btw) versus my 2013 Slim, that is the range is better by at least 10 meters and it's more stable!

Side by side I can tell a difference in maximum screen brightness as well, didn't think I would even if I do use my Vita a lot. Guess I didn't realize how much though. I'll be keeping the 2013 slim for button masher games, mine as well abuse that one now and treat my new one really good for a while haha. I really do love it, this Aqua Blue Vita may just be my favorite looking device I've ever owned.

Kinda makes me upset all over again how bad Sony let the poor thing down. Well I can be happy knowing my Vita backlog still has a ways to go. :)

Nice! Hope you enjoy it :D. I really like the Aqua Blue one and kind of regret not having gone for one instead of regular old black. It looks really really nice in pics and must be even better in person. Hopefully it can provide you with many hours of happy use - the Vita is such a nice system to use and own :D.

For sure.

I actually had another order I made already the day before, and they decided to just throw the games in there with that other package, so everything just arrived today.

Whoop! :D

If you don't mind saying, what kind of collection are you aiming for? Complete region set, or complete retail set across all regions, or just whatever games strike your fancy? From your B/S/T posts it seems you've been trying to get hold of whatever JP titles you can.

Is there a way to import saves from a digital game into a physical one without using plus?

Guessing, but content manager + PS3 / PC?

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
If you don't mind saying, what kind of collection are you aiming for? Complete region set, or complete retail set across all regions, or just whatever games strike your fancy? From your B/S/T posts it seems you've been trying to get hold of whatever JP titles you can.
For the most part it's just whatever catches my interest, or if the price is right.

I had wanted to do complete NA, and was up to speed with it for awhile, but with the advent of LRG after awhile, I decided it just wasn't something I wanted to pursue anymore, so now I just collect for fun.

It just felt more like a job with LRG, and when it gets to that point, it's no longer considered fun for me. :*(

Just sort of a all inclusive collection, mainly NA and JP releases. As long as it's fun. ^__^!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Seeing that Wolfgang tweet reminded me, about the EU version of VA-11 HALL-A:

This was five days ago, so they could already be done with the rating as we speak. I don't know how long it takes for the game to be released after that, but it shouldn't be long now.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, uh, I've gone back to using the Vita as my primary handheld after a couple months of using my new Switch.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my Switch. I even have a lot of new & great games for it to play (honestly, I bought too many). But after getting most of the Power Stars in Odyssey I've found myself not really feeling compelled to pick it up.

See, I still have a huge Vita backlog - I even have quite a few Vita games still on my wishlist - and I really think it comes down to preferring the hardware.

The Switch is just so... big. Which is cool at first, the screen is nice. But it's BIG & HEAVY, it gives me hand cramps, the battery dies so fast and I hate the lack of a D-Pad.

I know I'll keep using and enjoying the Switch, but now that the honeymoon period is over I think it's going to be second fiddle to the Vita for a few more years (again, backlog).

Hell, even as a TV console I fond myself grabbing my PS4 controller over the JoyCons.

I actually had a weird, random pang of regret that I bought Steamworld Dig 2 on Switch instead of Vita since I already have the first Dig & Heist on Vita and it would be cool to have all 3 Steamworld games on it.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
So, uh, I've gone back to using the Vita as my primary handheld after a couple months of using my new Switch.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my Switch. I even have a lot of new & great games for it to play (honestly, I bought too many). But after getting most of the Power Stars in Odyssey I've found myself not really feeling compelled to pick it up.

See, I still have a huge Vita backlog - I even have quite a few Vita games still on my wishlist - and I really think it comes down to preferring the hardware.

The Switch is just so... big. Which is cool at first, the screen is nice. But it's BIG & HEAVY, it gives me hand cramps, the battery dies so fast and I hate the lack of a D-Pad.

I know I'll keep using and enjoying the Switch, but now that the honeymoon period is over I think it's going to be second fiddle to the Vita for a few more years (again, backlog).

Hell, even as a TV console I fond myself grabbing my PS4 controller over the JoyCons.

I actually had a weird, random pang of regret that I bought Steamworld Dig 2 on Switch instead of Vita since I already have the first Dig & Heist on Vita and it would be cool to have all 3 Steamworld games on it.

This is partly why I'm waiting and hoping the Switch gets a hardware revision geared towards being more portable, my interest in it is solely as a portable after all.
======================

Picked up Rabi-Ribi, Little Red Lie, Papers please, Romancing SaGa 2, and The Count Lucanor for my Vita. :) Was holding off on some of these, but new Vita got me all excited again.

iceblade Thanks! :) I was gonna spring the Neon Orange one originally but I'm definitely glad I didn't in the end. The novelty of it would have wore off eventually, but Blue is forever! (my favorite color haha).

Ouren Assuming those jerks on regular gaming side haven't turned you off of this place to point of not posting anymore, I had two questions about Va-11 Hall-A. What resolution does the Vita version run at? If I booted it on VitaTV would it render at native 720p? or 540p? Question #2: Could you make a Vita theme for Va-11 Hall-A or would that have to come from Sukeban themselves?

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is partly why I'm waiting and hoping the Switch gets a hardware revision geared towards being more portable, my interest in it is solely as a portable after all.
======================

Picked up Rabi-Ribi, Little Red Lie, Papers please, Romancing SaGa 2, and The Count Lucanor for my Vita. :) Was holding off on some of these, but new Vita got me all excited again.

iceblade Thanks! :) I was gonna spring the Neon Orange one originally but I'm definitely glad I didn't in the end. The novelty of it would have wore off eventually, but Blue is forever! (my favorite color haha).

Ouren Assuming those jerks on regular gaming side haven't turned you off of this place to point of not posting anymore, I had two questions about Va-11 Hall-A. What resolution does the Vita version run at? If I booted it on VitaTV would it render at native 720p? or 540p? Question #2: Could you make a Vita theme for Va-11 Hall-A or would that have to come from Sukeban themselves?

I mean, if I can have my games installed on both systems I'd definitely double dip on a second, handheld-only Switch.

But I really don 't see that happening until at least late 2019, or even 2020, if it happens at all.

--------

I'm guessing there's still no solution for 128gb+ of memory on Vita? I've had a maxed out 64gb card for years and I'd really like to have more of my games on the system, I have to keep the number of bigger games to a minum and it sucks.

It's to the point where I decide whether to buy games based on the memory I have. I have no intention of buying any physical games, UMvC3 lives in my cartridge slot. Plenty of PS Plus games I haven't downloaded either.

Deciding what to delete to make space is a real struggle, even when I know I don't play some games much or at all. It's like there's this nagging feeling that I'll want to play it randomly one day, or I'll forget I even have the game.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Romancing SaGa 2, nice. Picked that one up just before the end of the year, together with Final Fantasy IV. I'm almost done with the latter, so hopefully I can start with SG2 at the end of the week or so. I'm very curious about its mechanics and if I'll like them.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Are there any games at all that do that? I'd be quite interested to know. I think I remember that remote play and video playback can use 720p, but I assumed those were strictly OS features.

I honestly have no clue. Never pixel counted a game before, and I'm not sure if any Vita games have ever used dynamic res... I just know my VitaTV outputs at 720p and certainly no 3D games would render that high on Vita. VA-11 HALL-A is all 2D sprites and stuff though, so I guess I was just curious. Thinking more on it, there is no reason for it to render above 544p (native resolution of handheld Vita.) Just wishful thinkin' on my part most likely.

Romancing SaGa 2, nice. Picked that one up just before the end of the year, together with Final Fantasy IV. I'm almost done with the latter, so hopefully I can start with SG2 at the end of the week or so. I'm very curious about its mechanics and if I'll like them.

Personally based on everything I've read about SaGa 2 I have no hopes I'll like it, but in a weird way, ultra low expectations might actually lead me to being surprised by it. Mostly I just wanted to give them my money as a show of support and say hey "bring us some more modern ones!" Like Scarlet Grace would be nice for example.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly have no clue. Never pixel counted a game before, and I'm not sure if any Vita games have ever used dynamic res... I just know my VitaTV outputs at 720p and certainly no 3D games would render that high on Vita. VA-11 HALL-A is all 2D sprites and stuff though, so I guess I was just curious. Thinking more on it, there is no reason for it to render above 544p (native resolution of handheld Vita.) Just wishful thinkin' on my part most likely.

Personally based on everything I've read about SaGa 2 I have no hopes I'll like it, but in a weird way, ultra low expectations might actually lead me to being surprised by it. Mostly I just wanted to give them my money as a show of support and say hey "bring us some more modern ones!" Like Scarlet Grace would be nice for example.

SG is actually difficult from the start, unlike RS2 :P. I think it'd be far more difficult to get into it than RS2.

Esfolia

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Those interested should buy it. It has some great mechanics and the story is pretty interesting (for a dungeon crawler)
The contents you get with the LE are pretty nice too