• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a PS Vita Slim off Amazon JP last week in silver colour. I have literally hundreds of PS+ games so an instant backlog. Starting off by playing Pixeljunk Shooter, what an amazing little game

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Predictably, I submitted this for editing a couple of days ago and it only just got published (on VGC, but that's banned here so I'm sharing the version from my own site), but if anyone is interested I did an interview with Necrosoft Games about Gunhouse and Vita support:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/01/11/an-interview-with-necrosoft-games/

He was pretty honest about their situation lol. Also sounds like we won't be getting that Vita-native version of Oh Deer! I was hoping for.

Deleted member 932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Predictably, I submitted this for editing a couple of days ago and it only just got published (on VGC, but that's banned here so I'm sharing the version from my own site), but if anyone is interested I did an interview with Necrosoft Games about Gunhouse and Vita support:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/01/11/an-interview-with-necrosoft-games/

He was pretty honest about their situation lol. Also sounds like we won't be getting that Vita-native version of Oh Deer! I was hoping for.

Interesting article as usual, albeit a little bit bittersweet. Seems like a case of biting off more than they can chew. BTW, it seems to me that you meant to write OLED instead of LCD in the very last answer.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting article as usual, albeit a little bit bittersweet. Seems like a case of biting off more than they can chew. BTW, it seems to me that you meant to write OLED instead of LCD in the very last answer.

Haha, interesting pick up. I didn't edit that part of it at all so that was his answer back to me :P

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
lol, to edit or not to edit, that's the question! I guess they meant OLDE since they talk about weightness...(or is that a neutral term in english?)

Nah, you're correct, it definitely reads like he's talking about the OLED.

Maybe he was just tired when he wrote it - seems like he's pretty overworked anyway!

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Quest Builders is an amazing game, don't know why people don't mention it that much when talking about the great vita games

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Not much going on in here lately! After the December of dreams it seems to have quieted down.

Anyway, here's a trailer for the Vita version of Gintama:

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/gintama-rumble-ps-vita-gameplay-trailer

Looks better than I expected.

Graphically it looks really nice. Not sure about the frame rate. Eh, not as if most DW games these days run well on anything. Day 1!

Speaking of which, a few more Vita games arrived:
image by gouki16uk, on Flickr
Vegas Party (that's mainly just for the collection) and two Mahjong games. I love Mahjong. Blame the Yakuza series. I now have four different Mahjong games for my Vita...

Monster Hunter. Unplayable unless you live in Japan, but it was brand new for £50 (which believe it or not is actually a decent price, it goes for silly money). Picked it up because I collect Vita games, and Capcom games so it ticked a couple of boxes).

Saving the best for last - Steamworld Dig and Heist. I really enjoyed Dig, but absolutely adore Heist (one of the best games for the system in my opinion) so of course I jumped at the chance to get both physically. Dig 2 next please!

By my count I now have roughly 420 Vita games. I'm aiming for roughly 8 pickups a month so I can take my physical tally up to 500 by the end of the year. Then I don't know what I'll do Vita wise, as I can't imagine after that I'd be short all that many good games!

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
By my count I now have roughly 420 Vita games. I'm aiming for roughly 8 pickups a month so I can take my physical tally up to 500 by the end of the year. Then I don't know what I'll do Vita wise, as I can't imagine after that I'd be short all that many good games!

That's an insanely impressive collection. Do you play most of them?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
That's an insanely impressive collection. Do you play most of them?
I'll be playing all of them, I only buy what I want to play. I just love playing anything released on the Vita, even the bad stuff (Muppets and Tadeo Jones springs to mind instantly here). Monster Hunter is the exception though, since I'd probably need a VPN and Japanese account just to play it (badly), I'll just still with Monster Hunter World for the time being!
It'll take ages to play all of them though, so at least I'll never be bored with the system even after it stops being supported.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to Japan in May. I want to buy easy to plat Vita games. What are the easiest games on Vita to plat that are only available in Japan? They don't have to be in English if they're quick and easy to plat with a guide. I'm interested in getting as many as possible so about 20+ or more titles I can find if I can. They don't have to be brand new, can be second hand. What's the best places to get them from in Japan?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Easy to plat Japanese-only Vita games is pretty much going to leave you exclusively with VNs where you just fast forward through everything to grab all the trophies.

Also, Miracle Girls Festival and maybe IA/VT.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Saw this on reddit, but apparently, Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds for the Vita is on sale for $3 ($4 CDN).

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/product/UP0745-PCSE00458_00-PBBG0APPLICATION

I'm pretty tempted to pick it up, but I have it on Steam already, so not sure if I will.
It's essentially the same game now that the Steam version has online multiplayer (at least that's what the product page says). It's fun to have on the go, and plays great on the Vita. Personally I would recommend "Overdrive" on the PS4 and Switch (if you have the option) over the Vita version if you already have it on Steam. It's considerably enhanced and a better version IMO.

Last edited:

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It's essentially the same game now that the Steam version has online multiplayer (at least that's what the product page says). It's fun to have on the go, and plays great on the Vita. Personally I would recommend "Overdrive" on the PS4 and Switch (if you have the option) over the Vita version if you already have it on Steam. It's considerably enhanced and a better version IMO.

Oh, didn't know Overdrive was on Switch, and it having the overpriced DLC included is a bonus. Will hold off on the vita version. Thanks for the heads up!

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So are there any notable Rpgs releasing except Digimon this year?

Rainbow Skies, one of my most hyped games for this year. With the amount of work they're putting into the game, it'll be one of the biggest indie games for the Vita, imo.

Edit: Ah, how could I forget about Cosmic Star Heroine? There's also Secret of Mana and that Omega Labyrinth game.

Last edited:

Powwa

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the recommendations guys. Are we getting an Asian English release for Secret of Mana?

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
So are there any notable Rpgs releasing except Digimon this year?

Rainbow Skies, one of my most hyped games for this year. With the amount of work they're putting into the game, it'll be one of the biggest indie games for the Vita, imo.

Edit: Ah, how could I forget about Cosmic Star Heroine? There's also Secret of Mana and that Omega Labyrinth game.

Pixel Noir is coming sometime in Q1 this year. According to this site, Zodiac Orcanon is coming sometime this month:

https://whatoplay.com/videos/eYWlHUilUY8/

Did the dev recently comment on the Vita port?

Powwa

Oct 28, 2017
Shame Gintama is not getting a Western release for Vita. Most likely I'll end up ordering it as well.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 version of Gintama is technically the better of the two versions (and its got an Asian English release) but its the kind of game I'll spend more time playing on the Vita, so Vita it is for me! I might grab the PS4 version down the line if I end up loving it.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I'm also getting Gintama for Vita. I'm sure there will be a guide out and I'd likely have imported it anyway even if it didn't get English on PS4.

Shame though.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Gah! I can't beat the shump in VA-11 HALL-A! I'm so close though. I've got it down pat to the point where I can get to the boss every time, but I usually only have one or two hearts and I flub it up in the last seconds...

I hate shumps so much lol. I would have taken any other kind of minigame. ANY OTHER KIND. Can't believe I'll be denied the platinum in a VN because of a minigame. =_= I still love you though, VA-11 HALL-A.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With Darkest Dungeon on Switch being confirmed to have optional touchscreen controls I think it would really behoove Red Hook to patch them into the Vita version.

Seems like bullshit to force Vita players to deal with the cumbersome gamepad controls when the damn thing has a touchscreen.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well, this 2 weeks I managed to pick 2 games that I always wanted on LE. Ys Memories of Celceta and Cold Steel 1

89YvWS6.jpg

Ys Collector Edition is amazing, must be my favorite LE all of time, all the extras are cool, from the 3 cds, to the map and the compass, and the artbook that was actually an strategy guide that would help me get all the chest while trying to platinum the game. Sadly, I bought it used since the game is impossible to find on stores here, the box is banged up, but all the extras are in perfect state

Cold Steel was a game that I saw in a store 10 months ago and that I could never purchase until now. This LE has a beautiful box, and the artbook is better, but compared to YS. is very lacking

Also, with my extra copy of ys I got operation tokyo. And found danganronpa and xonic for cheap. Also I grabbed axiom verge alongside cold steel since I thought that it was the perfect time

Now Im on the drug of collecting vita games lol