• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
l like PlayStation classic games. Never tried much megalomania .Mainly played Xbox games , I am open to most games Thank you for the reply .

Vita can run pretty much any PS1 Playstation Classic game. You might want to give Mercenary Kings, Chasm, and Iconoclast a gander to start. You might also want to look into Oceanhorn and Reverie; they're comparable to classic Zelda, or so I've read. You said you weren't into anything JRPG, but does that include ones like Soul Sacrifice Delta, Secret of Mana, and Adventures of Mana?

Oct 30, 2017
Vita can run pretty much any PS1 Playstation Classic game. You might want to give Mercenary Kings, Chasm, and Iconoclast a gander to start. You might also want to look into Oceanhorn and Reverie; they're comparable to classic Zelda, or so I've read. You said you weren't into anything JRPG, but does that include ones like Soul Sacrifice Delta, Secret of Mana, and Adventures of Mana?
Thanks, out of the 3 games what one would be easier to learn? I am willing to give them a try. Loving the way the vita feels .Picked up a mint model 1001 oled looks really nice .

Venat Fan

Oct 29, 2017
Hey, does anyone have much experience with remote play? I'm really itching to play Persona 5, but I've always thought that these games were best suited to handhelds. How well does remote play run? I will be playing within my house on a 5 Ghz connection. The PS4 isn't using ethernet. I am sensitive to input lag and stuttering. If anyone can compare how performs to the Steam Link (which I have had no problem with aside) in similar circumstances, that would be great.

Thanks for the help or even just reading this.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Hey, does anyone have much experience with remote play? I'm really itching to play Persona 5, but I've always thought that these games were best suited to handhelds. How well does remote play run? I will be playing within my house on a 5 Ghz connection. The PS4 isn't using ethernet. I am sensitive to input lag and stuttering. If anyone can compare how performs to the Steam Link (which I have had no problem with aside) in similar circumstances, that would be great.

Thanks for the help or even just reading this.

I play Destiny 2 and Dragon Quest XI daily via remote play. When I have a solid connection, they play and look great!

You really just jave to test your connection and see how it runs

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
After having not touched my Vita in ages I forgot how amazing the 2000 model is in terms of screen quality and comfort (yes yes, I still have an oled 1000 unit around).

It's a shame every time I hit up the local game shops the vita section is always super tiny and mostly stuff from the last 2 years. =( I own a few titles digitally I wouldn't mind getting the physical version of. Collecting for the Vita in 4/5 years is going to be brutal.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
After having not touched my Vita in ages I forgot how amazing the 2000 model is in terms of screen quality and comfort (yes yes, I still have an oled 1000 unit around).

It's a shame every time I hit up the local game shops the vita section is always super tiny and mostly stuff from the last 2 years. =( I own a few titles digitally I wouldn't mind getting the physical version of. Collecting for the Vita in 4/5 years is going to be brutal.

I hear ya. It's a shzme resellers are already ripping off Vita owers on top of that

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Prices have already shot up for a lot of games, and there is really nowhere to go but up as collectors snap up what's currently available.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Prices have already shot up for a lot of games, and there is really nowhere to go but up as collectors snap up what's currently available.

I still haven't gotten around to getting my hands on the Asian English releases that matter most to me. Ugh I'm not looking forward to what these games are going for 5 years down the line.

OP
OP
Yasumi

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
was persona 3 dancing any good? Thinking about importing a copy
Of the two newer dancing games, it was the slightly better one imo. Still pretty thin on content though.

Edit: The Vita combo pack's only ¥5405 on Amazon.jp right now, and comes with both games and the dual soundtrack. I'd recommend that.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
I just finished Severed. I must admit that I was bummed out when Drinkbox announced (back in 2016) that their new game was going to be touch based, but I ended up liking a lot the combat system. It's short, yeah, but I think that's for the best.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Put a good few reviews up on my site these past few days:

Burly Men at Sea - not for me, narrative adventure with very little interactivity which is over too quickly:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/11/17/vita-burly-men-at-sea-review/

Kick & Fennick - smartly made 2D platformer but grows very repetitive very quickly:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/11/20/vita-kick-fennick-review/

Phineas & Ferb: Day of Doofensmirtz - simplistic Ratchet & Clank clone that can be a decent bit of fun:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/11/18/vita-phineas-ferb-day-of-doofenshmirtz-review/

WipEout Pure (PSP) - loads of fun, even better if you grab the free DLC online:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/11/24/psp-wipeout-pure-review/

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
The last time I went to gamestop was to get a Fate/Extelle CE that they were clearancing out for $20 each, the lady checking me out said, ooo this might be very valuable in the future, and i was like maybe, /shrug

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
If I remember correctly there was a reprint sometime last year. Don't know how big it was or if even that run has dried up by now.
Can't say that I regularly look for the game, but I'm pretty sure that I used to see people selling it for $50 or more. Now all of a sudden there are a bunch of sellers in amazon with the game at the regular price.

It's a pain in the ass to have to buy certain games becuase it they could sell out at any moment.

Oct 26, 2017
This is getting out of hand. Vita undesirables are quickly becoming scalper territory.

Ehh Rose is at least somewhat understandable considering it had to have had a tiny print run and was Nisa store exclusive. The same can't really be said for Mary Skelter since it was readily available on most online retailers and got at least one reprint.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, time to sell all my Vita games. Anyone want to buy a sealed Rose in the Twilight that's only very minorly been chewed on by a cat?

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
I've refallen in love with my vita. I really like the ps4 remote play as I'm picking away at final fantasy 7.

After doing some research, I noticed that it's nearly impossible to have an OG model without having blotchy ink-like splats in areas of the screen when the room is in darkness and if there is a blank screen (I.e. loading screen). Can this community vouch for this notion that it's nigh impossible to avoid such a defect with this model? I'm tempted to go hunt down a slim because I primarily play in bed with the lights out.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
A great month for new releases IMO, can't wait to play:

Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight / Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight Energy
Emerald Shores
Super Life of Pixel
Scintillatron 4096

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I've refallen in love with my vita. I really like the ps4 remote play as I'm picking away at final fantasy 7.

After doing some research, I noticed that it's nearly impossible to have an OG model without having blotchy ink-like splats in areas of the screen when the room is in darkness and if there is a blank screen (I.e. loading screen). Can this community vouch for this notion that it's nigh impossible to avoid such a defect with this model? I'm tempted to go hunt down a slim because I primarily play in bed with the lights out.

Unfortunately that comes with the 'dat OLED' territory I'm afraid.

On a related noted, I've been rediscovering mine recently as well. Even after 1 1/2 years on the Switch I still appreciate the Vita's ergonomics and portability, especially the latter.