• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Since the PS1 Classic is coming out tomorrow, it's gotten me in the mood for revisiting PS1 Classics on Vita. Tbh PS1 Classics is one of the reasons I ended up buying my Vita in the first place so it's really nice to be able to replay them on the go. First I played Battle Arena Toshinden, which I had to buy from Japanese PSN - but the game was fully in English to my surprise:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/11/27/ps1-battle-arena-toshinden-review/

Then over the past few weeks I've been replaying Wild ARMs. I've played the 3rd, 4th and 5th entries but never the first - can see why it spawned a series now, lovely game that I really enjoyed:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/12/02/ps1-wild-arms-review/

Probably gonna dig into a few others over the holiday period too.

A great month for new releases IMO, can't wait to play:

Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight / Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight Energy
Emerald Shores
Super Life of Pixel
Scintillatron 4096

Yeah, it's definitely a good month for Vita games. Sadly we likely won't have many more of these - definitely grabbing Scintillatron & Super Life of Pixel myself!

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
2019 will basically be the final year of the Vita. Will probably try to play a couple of PS1 classics on it, Catherine, 13 Sentinals, and hopefully one of the VNs I have missed (Chaos Child? Corpse Party? Not VNs but the Trails series?)

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
2019 will basically be the final year of the Vita. Will probably try to play a couple of PS1 classics on it, Catherine, 13 Sentinals, and hopefully one of the VNs I have missed (Chaos Child? Corpse Party? Not VNs but the Trails series?)
Corpse Party in general or Blood Drive? i'd suggest playing the first game and maybe the 2nd or just pretend that it all ended after the first game

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
So I finished Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly and... Yeah. It was underwhelming. I didn't like the protagonist (but I did like the other characters). Is Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk any better???

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

81nGMo-wYFL._AC_SL1477_.jpg

917usl3DdaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81Rca9UWxhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
So I finished Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly and... Yeah. It was underwhelming. I didn't like the protagonist (but I did like the other characters). Is Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk any better???

I enjoyed Ashen Hawk a lot more than Black Butterfly. The protagonist is also infinitely better than that wet noodle from BB.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
"XSEED Games has announced that London Detective Mysteria will release digitally on the PlayStation®Store for the PlayStation®Vita on December 18, 2018 in North America and Europe for $29.99, €29.99, and £24.99. There is currently no release date for the PC version as they work to make sure the conversion will give PC players the best experience."

Source: Otome Obsessed.

Also:

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
"XSEED Games has announced that London Detective Mysteria will release digitally on the PlayStation®Store for the PlayStation®Vita on December 18, 2018 in North America and Europe for $29.99, €29.99, and £24.99. There is currently no release date for the PC version as they work to make sure the conversion will give PC players the best experience."

Source: Otome Obsessed.

Also:

Figured SEG were done with Vita. Wonder what it'll be.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
They did say The Long Reach was their last Vita title when I asked them a few months ago, so I don't know what changed. "Big announcement" makes me excited.

Looking at their website, they published Darkest Dungeon physical on PS4 and I know the devs have been looking into a physical Vita for a while, so probably that?

By the way, I recently interviewed kFunction about Scintillatron 4096, coming to Vita next week. They seemed really nice and may have more lined up for Vita too!

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/12/06/an-interview-with-kfunction-scintillatron-4096/

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really like Signature Edition's packaging on the Vita. Those boxes just look elegant to me for whatever reason. The grey on The Long Reach box looks especially nice too. I'm glad we're getting at least one more release from them.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Has anyone seen what the Signature Edition announcement was? Its an hour past when they stated the news would be released but can't see anything on their twitter channel nor their website about what it was about.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Haha, two games that have been teased forever finally releasing on Vita next week. Good news!

(Might grab Atari, waiting for my LRG copy of Night Trap)

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Man, I am like 99% I had ordered the Lost Child CE for Vita from the NISA store, but I don't have an email confirmation nor is it in my order history.
The hell? Did I not really order it? I was watching how quickly it had sold out as well.

Did anyone else order it and get confirmation? I guess my mind blanked out.

RadicalR

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I am like 99% I had ordered the Lost Child CE for Vita from the NISA store, but I don't have an email confirmation nor is it in my order history.
The hell? Did I not really order it? I was watching how quickly it had sold out as well.

Did anyone else order it and get confirmation? I guess my mind blanked out.

I did. It did go very quickly.