• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'm dreading and looking forward to all three at the same time.

Now if only SP would finally release Root Double in EU...

They're definitely a time investment. I don't go through visual novels as fast as I used to, but I still pulled through and read all three in almost two months. Now Root Double, that's a visual novel that I expected a lot more. It's fine, but the constant flashbacks are exhausting.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
They're definitely a time investment. I don't go through visual novels as fast as I used to, but I still pulled through and read all three in almost two months. Now Root Double, that's a visual novel that I expected a lot more. It's fine, but the constant flashbacks are exhausting.

Yeah, I read that about RD. Still need to play through S;G 0 and LDM as well. Even though it's not Vita related, Sweet Pool just came out too...

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Is there any chance that the Muramasa Legends Collection will be put on sale? I often see the bundle on sale, but I already own the base game.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I read that about RD. Still need to play through S;G 0 and LDM as well. Even though it's not Vita related, Sweet Pool just came out too...

I feel like we didn't get that many visual novels this year, but I've still managed to develop a huge backlog of visual novels. I'm reviewing LDM, but Dream Daddy Simulator is part of the Flash Sale, so I'm getting that, and Sweet Pool... Yup, thank God I'll have a break from work during the holidays. Regarding Steins;Gate 0... You can skip that.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we didn't get that many visual novels this year, but I've still managed to develop a huge backlog of visual novels. I'm reviewing LDM, but Dream Daddy Simulator is part of the Flash Sale, so I'm getting that, and Sweet Pool... Yup, thank God I'll have a break from work during the holidays. Regarding Steins;Gate 0... You can skip that.

I know, but I've had S;G0 for ages and it kinda bothers me that I haven't finished it.

Dream Daddy is on sale? I only see it on sale on Steam.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
So I am now sitting at 149 physical games. I am really tempted to go out and buy anything just to round it out. But I have a bunch of games on order from LRG and Play Asia so I probably shouldn't. This little handheld that could became my single biggest physical collection without even meaning to. I have no real purpose in telling you this. Just makes me feel warm and fuzzy thinking about it.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Do you guys have any suggestion for a ~5€ game on PSN? I was thinking of getting Infamous First Light, but that sale ended apparently.

Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing dungeon travelers 2. Either I'm terrible at this game or this game is super brutal.

There's a reason why it's considered the most challenging drpg on the system, not to mention the complexity of the postgame dungeons. I personally will likely never "finish" it (floor 8/30 in the final postgame dungeon, with no major optional bosses killed) and I'm fine with that considered how much fun I had with the rest of it.

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Hi alls, what are we purchasing for the Vita during the PSN Flash & Christmas sale?

I'm guessing everyone here already owns most of the library? 😋

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The new Atari Flashback Classics on Vita is really good if you dig that kind of stuff. I've been playing it a lot over the last few days. It's well worth the $20. As far as I can tell, it combines all three volumes of the PS4 versions into the one game too, so it's a killer deal.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Hi alls, what are we purchasing for the Vita during the PSN Flash & Christmas sale?

I'm guessing everyone here already owns most of the library? 😋
After sharing the account with a friend for several years, I'm rebuilding a library on my own and just secured a couple of FF games and couldn't help but bite on GoW collection for like 2 dollars, insane price

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
How long was it? I've been playing one chapter-ish a day, stopping whenever I get the "to be continued" screen and I feel like I've barely started the game.

Hmm. I wasn't keeping count, but I'd say there were at least 12+ chapters in the common route, then another 4+ in the character specific routes. Probably a similar length to otomate's longer titles (i.e. Collar x Malice) but structured differently.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
vita sales on VGP for boxing days

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/vita-c-576.html

i finished up my danganronpa collection and picked up ys 8 for pretty good prices. :) didn't think i could get Ys 8 new for $30 so yay.

maybe your last chance if you want some of these games.
Grabbed Ys 8 as well. Managed to talk myself out of Danganronpa 1&2 physical. I already have them digitally and couldn't justify the physical double dip.

Roven

Nov 2, 2017
Hello fellow Viterians,

Today I took out my vita after haven't played it for a while (boring Christmas parties) and noticed that the face buttons (or at least the x button) are not working in games (working fine in the vita os). I searched for the issue and rebuilt the DB, but that didn't change anything. I'm not the only person with this problem but could find a solution.

Any Vita Santa here who wants to gift me a nice solution :)

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I've read that the USA version of DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is PSTV compatible (our EU version doesn't seem to be) - anyone tested it here at all?

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Man, this year the Vita discounts have been really weak both on BF and Christmas Sale. I have a pretty hefty wishlist but nothing is discounted. I guess NG Sigma will never drop that absurd 35$ price because I really want that on the go.

At least the January PS Plus freebies seem alright, never tried any of them. Played half of Iconoclasts and it put me to sleep. I usually really enjoy metroidvanias but this is dragging a bit too much and everything besides the boss fights is pretty meh.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
The House in Fata Morgana is the only Vita game I care about going into 2019. If we get that, I'm good.

Jan 11, 2018
Just started playing Soul Sacrifice. Quite fun so far! Although I think I prefer the gameplay of Freedom Wars, but this one has a cooler presentation.

Benedict

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
My launch OLED Vita is starting to have battery problems, draining it quicker than it used to be this christmas.
Is it possible to switch battery easy?
Also thinking about buying a new PS Vita while they are still available. Any good offers at the moment?
What stores should I look at (that delivers to Sweden).

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
My launch OLED Vita is starting to have battery problems, draining it quicker than it used to be this christmas.
Is it possible to switch battery easy?
Also thinking about buying a new PS Vita while they are still available. Any good offers at the moment?
What stores should I look at (that delivers to Sweden).

Yeah, changing a battery is fairly simple, there's tutorials online and youtube videos for it.

If you want a new Vita your only real options are import sites like Play Asia or directly from amazon.jp. There's no offers and there won't be any as Vita is on the verge of being discontinued.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
There's a reason why it's considered the most challenging drpg on the system, not to mention the complexity of the postgame dungeons. I personally will likely never "finish" it (floor 8/30 in the final postgame dungeon, with no major optional bosses killed) and I'm fine with that considered how much fun I had with the rest of it.

Grinding because pretty tedious after awhile though. So much so, that I put it down and moved on.

Oct 26, 2017
Grinding because pretty tedious after awhile though. So much so, that I put it down and moved on.

Pretty much the same for me. I got to the point where I needed to actually level my other characters for optional fights because of the class doors and just gave up due to them needing 25+ levels to even be able to survive more than 2-3 hits from random battles.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I got back into Vita collecting a little bit this past couple of weeks thanks to a few nice titles arriving (like Fast Striker and the Persona Dancing games). Looking at my collection now I'm aiming to get to 500 games and I'll be happy with the collection. I'm at around 480 now so that shouldn't take too much longer.

Speaking of Persona, I'm playing 5 Dancing at the moment and really enjoying it. Its no DJMax, but as with the game its based on its got a great soundtrack and looks fab on the Vita screen. Trophies don't look too bad either.