• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Welp, I just finished the story for Hacker's Memory. Gotta say that I liked it more than the original Cyber Sleuth (probably because this time I actually liked the characters).

Wasn't expecting to get hit right in the feels with that ending, given the overall tone of the game, but I actually felt a bit sad.
I really hate forced happy endings, but I wouldn't have minded it with this game (hell, with the whole reboot thing it would have made some sense fpr Erika to be reborn without her illness)

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
I'm on chp 10 myself right now. It's been pretty fun so far, despite the redundant grind.

Is there any way to check your affinity with other players?
Do you mean with the companion characters? If you meant that, then I don't think there's a way to check the affinity. Each character has three scenes and the third one always ends with "I think X really trusts me now".

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finished off P5 Dancing. Small tracklist aside I really enjoyed it. Easy plat as well, P3 dancing should be arriving in a few days with any luck, but before that I'll finally tackle Salt and Sanctuary on the Vita. Been looking forward to that for ages.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Finished a good few reviews for my site lately:

DanganRonpa (aka my favourite Vita game likely of all time at this point):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/01/06/vita-danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc-review/

Invizimals: The Alliance (better than I expected but with gimmicky AR features):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/01/08/vita-invizimals-the-alliance-review/

Planet RIX-13 (a waste of time):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/01/07/vita-planet-rix-13-review/

And Corpse Party (PSP game, which I could tell was good but really wasn't for me):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/01/09/psp-corpse-party-review/

Welp, I just finished the story for Hacker's Memory. Gotta say that I liked it more than the original Cyber Sleuth (probably because this time I actually liked the characters).

Huh, high praise (had to be super careful when quoting your post then not to see the spoiler). Haven't gotten around to it yet, but I loved the original CS.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Currently playing the first Cyber Sleuth, amazing what Media Vision managed to do with such a small budget.

But the localization is so bad..... so many grammar/spelling mistakes. There is time where I have no idea what the characters are even talking about.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Currently playing the first Cyber Sleuth, amazing what Media Vision managed to do with such a small budget.

But the localization is so bad..... so many grammar/spelling mistakes. There is time where I have no idea what the characters are even talking about.
Namco really cheaped out on their Vita localizations. Digimon, Tales of Hearts R, Ray Gigant, etc. all had issues. The multi-platform games (One Piece, God Eater, etc.) were fine.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure a better translation would have saved Ray Gigant. Unless the translation was so bad that it made every single character an unlikeable jerk by chance.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure a better translation would have saved Ray Gigant. Unless the translation was so bad that it made every single character an unlikeable jerk by chance.
Yeah I didn't mean to suggest that the localization was that game's only problem, just that it was subpar.

Like people complained about Aksys work on Tokyo Xanadu for Vita, and while that game had issues with the localization...it was way, way better than anything Bandai Namco did with their JRPGs.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Call me weird, but I liked Ray Gigant.

I also liked Tokyo Xanadu.

It's me, I'm the reason why there are so many games with shoddy localization.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I didn't mean to suggest that I didn't like Ray Gigant or Tokyo Xanadu either. Tokyo Xanadu was good and Ray Gigant was flawed but worth playing for the impressive visuals alone. Plus Aksys cleaned up a lot of the localization issues for the PS4/PC version of Tokyo Xanadu. I'd still say it's Falcom's weakest game, but it's absolutely worth playing.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017

I liked them too. I mean, the localization could be better, but I really liked both games.

I think it's OK for most of the time, but it's especially bad during the digiline messages and whenever you get to pick a response. It literally makes no sense.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Just seen the great news that LRG are doing a Super Meat Boy physical release. I hope this isn't like Salt and Sanctuary where its a pain to get, Meat Boy is one of the best platformers I've played and a physical Vita release is a dream come true for me. What a nice game to get as I cool down on Vita collecting.

Oh, and while I ragged on Ray Gigants story above, it does have some redeeming features (music was nice, character sprites/animations were beautiful) but it did get tiresome after a while. Easy plat for those interested. Tokyo Xanadu though, I loved that game. Great combat, much better story (though does get cliche at points, especially the best ending) but I really enjoyed my time with it.

OP
OP
Yasumi

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Posting here too, since relevant.

Such a bummer it won't get a western release.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Just confirms my decision to import. Looks great. Kinda bizarre to see such a high-effort port for just Japan though.

it's probably down to the fact that they know western vita gamers will be buying it physically but by the time they can release it over here the vita cart supply will be gone and they risk losing money on a digital version

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
it's probably down to the fact that they know western vita gamers will be buying it physically but by the time they can release it over here the vita cart supply will be gone and they risk losing money on a digital version

Digital is better than nothing at this point, but that's a reasonable guess as to why the Vita port isn't getting localized.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Store: The Top Downloads of 2018

PS Vita Games
1 God of War: Collection PS Vita
2 Persona 4 Golden
3 Jak and Daxter Collection
4 Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
5 Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker's Memory
6 Stardew Valley
7 Adventures of Mana
8 Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
9 Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater – HD Edition PS Vita
10 Undertale

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Hacker's Memory localization is way better (low bar yeah), fortunately.

iirc in the localization all the options are are a single sentence that somehow got split as options lol.
That would explain sone things, but there are still replies that make no sense. E.g:
-Papa is in the hospital
-Oh, I didn't know you two were related

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Gave the Catherine demo a try. Characters have some funky aliasing? going on in the talkie scenes but nothing bad. I skipped them mostly though as I only wanted to try out the gameplay - which thankfully is damn good, I was concerned that the frame rate would be awful, but it feels pretty solid and plays like a dream. I love the puzzles in Catherine so I can't wait to play this on the go - I'm sure I'll love it all over again.

Jan 2, 2018
So..for presevation purposes (PS Vita 1000 starting to shown little signs of burn in on the OLED screen..) I bought a Vita 2000 and also went on and took a look at my unplayed games:
Persona 4
Killzone Mercenary
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Freedom Wars
Zero Escape trilogy
Steins;Gate &0

Some PS1 games:
Blood Omen
Rayman 1/2
FF 8
Suikoden 1/2
Silent Hill

And now comes the question: I only have a 16gb card which obviously can't contain all my library so really,how bad is the situation when it comes to the 64/32 gb reliability? I keep hearing bad things about them,especially the 64 ones ..so what do I do guys? I really need more space.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
It seems that youtube changed something with their mobile site, since I can no longer load videos with the vita browser without changing to the desktop version of youtube. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know if YIIK: A Postmodern RPG is still coming out on the handheld? Game is out on the 17th and its now not listed as one of the consoles it will be released on this week.

The developer has said it's still coming on Twitter. I'm presuming before March since they want to do a physical release.

It seems that youtube changed something with their mobile site, since I can no longer load videos with the vita browser without changing to the desktop version of youtube. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Yep, YouTube is no longer compatible in the mobile version. At least it still works on the desktop site.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
So..for presevation purposes (PS Vita 1000 starting to shown little signs of burn in on the OLED screen..) I bought a Vita 2000 and also went on and took a look at my unplayed games:
Persona 4
Killzone Mercenary
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Freedom Wars
Zero Escape trilogy
Steins;Gate &0

Some PS1 games:
Blood Omen
Rayman 1/2
FF 8
Suikoden 1/2
Silent Hill

And now comes the question: I only have a 16gb card which obviously can't contain all my library so really,how bad is the situation when it comes to the 64/32 gb reliability? I keep hearing bad things about them,especially the 64 ones ..so what do I do guys? I really need more space.

32GB is reliable, 64GB isn't that much reliable.

Deleted member 6137

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My 64GB card is dying. On the one hand, it's really sad. My Cyber Sleuth saves all got corrupted. I've sold 4-5 games and bought them again on PS4. On the other hand, I might be able to complete my two remaining games before the card completely dies. Danganronpa 2 and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines. I really hope that we can get a Vita emulator that is reliable in the future.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I have 5 64GB cards and none of them have crapped out on me yet. Maybe I'm just lucky. I'm thinking of buying a couple of spare 32GB's just so I can use them on my Vita's way into the future if the 64GB's are as unreliable as everyone says.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
I have 5 64GB cards and none of them have crapped out on me yet. Maybe I'm just lucky. I'm thinking of buying a couple of spare 32GB's just so I can use them on my Vita's way into the future if the 64GB's are as unreliable as everyone says.

Is there a reason why it's unreliable?

Is it better to buy the OG Vita or Vita Slim at this point?

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I take out my Vita and charge it every couple months, if I'm not using it regularly.
I recommend people do the same to keep the battery good.

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can back up the games to a PC too if you don't want to worry about failing memory cards.