• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a reason why it's unreliable?

Is it better to buy the OG Vita or Vita Slim at this point?

No idea. Like I say, mine have been reliable, I've just heard a lot of reports of them failing for other people.

I much, much, much prefer the slim. It's difficult to get charging cables that actually work for the OLED at this point.

I'm seriously debating selling my OLED now and buying a new slim from Japan before they become impossible to buy new.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
No idea. Like I say, mine have been reliable, I've just heard a lot of reports of them failing for other people.

I much, much, much prefer the slim. It's difficult to get charging cables that actually work for the OLED at this point.

I'm seriously debating selling my OLED now and buying a new slim from Japan before they become impossible to buy new.

Are they cheaper to buy from Japan?

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
Neither. I'm pretty sure it was a question if the LCD model is cheaper to buy new from Japan. I don't know for sure, but I imagine that's indeed the case, what with hardware production (including the slim) having been halted so long ago outside Japan.

Yeah, I was referring to the Vita models. And is it hard switching the language on the Japanese models? I've seen a bunch of them on Amazon

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I was referring to the Vita models. And is it hard switching the language on the Japanese models? I've seen a bunch of them on Amazon

When you first set up your Vita you can choose the language and log in using whatever region your account is set up in - it's very easy.

The only thing that will be different is that the circle and x buttons are switched at system level (meaning that when you're on the home screen, you'll have to select things with o)

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
When you first set up your Vita you can choose the language and log in using whatever region your account is set up in - it's very easy.

The only thing that will be different is that the circle and x buttons are switched at system level (meaning that when you're on the home screen, you'll have to select things with o)

Why does it have to be that way?? >_<

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am slightly annoyed by this Xseed tweet

"To celebrate the anniversary of this PSP game, go buy it on PC instead"

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Wrote about rhythm games on Vita this week, for anyone interested. Tonnes more than I thought!

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/01/15/rhythm-games-available-on-vita/

Btw, about the conversation above - I paid about £180 with import fees for my Vita from Amazon.jp last year, so that does seem to be the going rate.

Awesome list. I realise that I pretty much own every one of those games including the VA/music hybrid games! DJMax will always be my favourite of the bunch though, such an awesome game and track list. So annoying that I'm two trophies away from the plat :(

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome list. I realise that I pretty much own every one of those games including the VA/music hybrid games! DJMax will always be my favourite of the bunch though, such an awesome game and track list. So annoying that I'm two trophies away from the plat :(

Wow, brave man. Have you tried any of the VN rhythm games? Are any of them any good?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, brave man. Have you tried any of the VN rhythm games? Are any of them any good?
I've played through Bakumatsu Ultra Soul and quite enjoyed the songs. I'm one song away from the plat on that game but its a bastard to get the target rank on the hardest difficulty. I might try again one day as I'm so close!

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone playing Freedom Wars? Worth making an OT? Tigress and I have been playing casually over the last couple of nights. I was surprised by how many randoms we still run into.

Last edited:

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
So I just installed h-encore and Henkaku on my Vita for Homebrew.

Does anyone know if I can still safely connect to the PS Store to download my digital titles? I've gone into the Henkaku settings and enabled PSN Spoofing and set the Spoofed version to 3.70, but I don't want to try connecting to the PS Store to download and end up with my account banned as that will screw me over on PS4.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I just installed h-encore and Henkaku on my Vita for Homebrew.

Does anyone know if I can still safely connect to the PS Store to download my digital titles? I've gone into the Henkaku settings and enabled PSN Spoofing and set the Spoofed version to 3.70, but I don't want to try connecting to the PS Store to download and end up with my account banned as that will screw me over on PS4.
I've been doing exactly this for 18 months and haven't run into any trouble.

You can never swear this will never bite you in the ass, but Sony don't seem to care too much.