• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
"Greetings Everyone,

We are terribly sorry for the long wait between updates on the Dies irae World Emanation Project "Dies irae ~Amantes amentes~" PlayStation Vita release.

We are currently in talks with Sony Interactive Entertainment America (SIEA) and Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe (SIEE), and are in production working to a definite release.
New Dies irae info is planned for announcement soon, so please stay tuned.

All of us here are working wholeheartedly to finish the "Dies irae ~Amantes amentes~" PlayStation Vita version. We understand backers are eagerly awaiting the release, and thank you for your continued patience and support."

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe by the end of 2019 I'll finally be able to play Root Double and Dies Irae in Europe and on my Vita.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
And Fault, Grisaia, World End Economica, Sharin no Kuni,....

But well there is so much time left anyway:

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i think i just bought an OLED vita + persona 4 solid gold edition?

i think the CE is complete, not sure though

hopefully i'm lucky and get a memory card too. never thought i would get the persona 4 CE!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-Vita-Ga...vip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

arrived today, made a post on reddit about it :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamecollecting/comments/ajfvfy/120_vita_pickup_from_ebay/

also, i saw a hyperdimension rebirth 1 LE for $200 buy it now, which is hella cheap compared to what it usually goes for, but like 30 seconds after it was put up, someone bid $100, which cancelled the buyitnow

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyperdimen...ition-Sony-PlayStation-Vita-2014/153348401189

idk feels kinda shady, like the bidder owned a copy and wanted to make sure one didn't sell that cheap. maybe im just being paranoid, i was close to buying it.

Last edited:

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
arrived today, made a post on reddit about it :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamecollecting/comments/ajfvfy/120_vita_pickup_from_ebay/

also, i saw a hyperdimension rebirth 1 LE for $200 buy it now, which is hella cheap compared to what it usually goes for, but like 30 seconds after it was put up, someone bid $100, which cancelled the buyitnow

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyperdimen...ition-Sony-PlayStation-Vita-2014/153348401189

idk feels kinda shady, like the bidder owned a copy and wanted to make sure one didn't sell that cheap. maybe im just being paranoid, i was close to buying it.

Wow. That would have been an insta-buy.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list of Japan-only physical games that an English-only speaker can enjoy? Just looking to round out my physical Vita collection :)

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I had already forgotten about this game

Glad this one's still happening. I've heard very mixed things but I'm still keen for trying it out myself.

You're too generous, man. I felt ripped off after buying this one for nostalgia's sake, and I bought it for a couple of bucks and in a gaming drought.

Huh. I thought I was the only one with this opinion since it's such a beloved classic! Yeah, I found it a bit slow and boring.

"Greetings Everyone,

We are terribly sorry for the long wait between updates on the Dies irae World Emanation Project "Dies irae ~Amantes amentes~" PlayStation Vita release.

We are currently in talks with Sony Interactive Entertainment America (SIEA) and Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe (SIEE), and are in production working to a definite release.
New Dies irae info is planned for announcement soon, so please stay tuned.

All of us here are working wholeheartedly to finish the "Dies irae ~Amantes amentes~" PlayStation Vita version. We understand backers are eagerly awaiting the release, and thank you for your continued patience and support."

Haha. When we were just talking about it the other day as well. Apparently this was the game Steiner was talking about where he said he wasn't sure it was still be coming to Vita.

Fata Morgana is the one that they're still trying to push through QA before the final order.

Guess Sharin no Kuni is the one that passed QA.

Oct 25, 2017
Aaaah I wish I could just find someone selling an 8 gig vita memory card for 15 dollars or something.

I am losing my mind doing backups and memory management.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's just so annoying how PS Vita digital games have their save data baked into the game file so you can't just uninstall a game without deleting all your save data unless you manually go back everything up or pay for ps+

Cloud saves is the major reason why I still subscribe to PS+, it's just too much hassle otherwise.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
That's good to hear about LRG's orders. I look forward to getting Super Meat Boy and hopefully Spelunky is still happening. I forget which of their other games I'm looking forward to, but at this rate by the time these games are all released I'll have hit my 500 physical game target (up to 489 at the moment, so almost there!)

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Think the next batch are announced tomorrow and will be live to get next Tuesday.
I think February is the last month of the Vita and PS3 games being part of the monthly games.

Taken from the official blog post:
Starting next year on March 8, 2019, the PS Plus monthly games lineup will focus on PS4 titles and no longer include PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita titles

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah tomorrow we'll know what the final PS+ games are.

Brace yourselves for shovelware!!

Jan 11, 2018
Ugh. They really should add something to make up for the lack of PS3 and PS Vita games once they're gone. But nope, everything keeps getting more and more expensive and you get less value for your money. Disgusting.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh wait, their official cutoff date is March 8 and not March 5, so I guess maybe we will get one last batch for March?

In any case it's gonna be crap for sure.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It was likely going to get a digital release in the end anyway whether it passed QA in time or not, considering they put the work into porting it. The only thing in question was it's physical release.
Yeah, that was only the pessimist in me speaking.", because we're at a point where I only take a game for granted once it's available, even though LRG have always seemed pretty serious.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for that EU version of Root Double.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome news about Fata Morgana.

God - that, Code Realize, Sharin no Kuni and potentially Root Double and Dies Irae, at least Vita is going out in style!

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Sony paying his respect to the Vita for its last ps plus games:
  • Divekick (Iron Galaxy Studios)
  • Gunhouse (Necrosoft Games)
  • Rogue Aces (Curve Digital)

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
With the limited amount of Vita carts available I imagine there won't be a generous amount of copies. Maybe 3500.

I just hope the rush won't be a bloodbath. Visual Novels to me seem like a pretty niche genre. With The House in Fata Morgana being a standout in the genre, I don't know if this will be a fast or slow sell out, given the state of Vita physical releases.

You guys think this one will have a collectors edition?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Cart print runs are my concern on these last few releases... I'm glad that it sounds like Meat Boy will have a decent number (its my number one most wanted game), but the others that have been announced are also ones I'd really like. I hope its not a Salt and Sanctuary style situation here.
That said, at this late point in the day I'm surprised that we are still getting so many Vita physical releases, of interesting looking games at that. I'd have expected them to have dried up completely.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Just picked up a refurbished PS Vita, enjoying it quite a bit.

Question, how exactly do the touch buttons on the back work? Apparently on Remote Play with the PS4 they act as L2/R2, but I can't seem to get them to register no matter where I put pressure on them. For reference, I'm playing Persona 5 on Remote Play, and I can't use R2 to dash. Is it possible it's defective?

EDIT: Nevermind, realized what I did wrong. Oof, that's an awkward hand placement for it though. Might give me cramps in dungeon crawling.

Last edited:

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hi folks. Just picked up a psvita oled for cheap and wondering what games to get. I fancy a few new experiences and can see there is a ton of JRPG's I have never heard of but don't know where to start.

Im into all genres and have already bought

Everybody's Golf
Lumines
Virtua Tennis
Virtues Last Reward
Tearaway

Are there any good shmups because I would like to get a couple. Also, I bought a Sony vita memory card but its only 8gb. Can you use normal memory cards some way?

And wheres the best place to buy games in the UK? Store wise my local Cex is limited and a few online stores the games seemed expensive as Im wanting a few bargains. (I picked up all the games above for £25)