• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
got my UmiharaKawase CE today from strictly, kinda disappointed the vita and cd cases were pretty much loose in the box while the snes cart had a thick foam piece to keep it in place,

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ha, didn't realise that. Kinda bittersweet.

Also Gunhouse started as a PSM game, I still have both that release and the ill-fated alpha of Oh Deer! on my Vita.

Brandon Sheffield (the owner of Necrosoft) has been a big fan of the Vita and wanted to support it as much as possible, but Sony screwed him pretty bad with the whole PSM mess. The Oh Deer! release was very much just a passion project, as Sony shut down the auth servers shortly after closing the store.

Last edited:

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Also Gunhouse started as a PSM game, I still have both that release and the ill-fated alpha of Oh Deer! on my Vita.

Brandon Sheffield (the owner of Necrosoft) has been a big fan of the Vita and wanted to support it as much as possible, but Sony screwed him pretty bad with the whole PSM mess.

Yeah, I remember - I still have Oh Deer on my OLED Vita too!

Maybe he'll finally get that game finished just before the Vita PSN store goes offline.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hi folks. Just picked up a psvita oled for cheap and wondering what games to get. I fancy a few new experiences and can see there is a ton of JRPG's I have never heard of but don't know where to start.

Im into all genres and have already bought

Everybody's Golf
Lumines
Virtua Tennis
Virtues Last Reward
Tearaway

Are there any good shmups because I would like to get a couple. Also, I bought a Sony vita memory card but its only 8gb. Can you use normal memory cards some way?

And wheres the best place to buy games in the UK? Store wise my local Cex is limited and a few online stores the games seemed expensive as Im wanting a few bargains. (I picked up all the games above for £25)

Just bought Persona 4, killzone and a couple others.

Pretty pissed off that the UK store is so limited. There's tons of games I've been reading about that are not available in my region.

And holy fuck are the memory cards expensive. I have 3 games on my 8gb and it's full.

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish the PSP game selection on the PSN was better.
There are so many great PSP games I'd love to play on my vita but I just am not allowed to :(

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish the PSP game selection on the PSN was better.
There are so many great PSP games I'd love to play on my vita but I just am not allowed to :(

It doesn't help that selections vary from region to region. I feel your pain.

Prices have gone up on memory cards for all sizes due to limited availability now haven't they?

I honestly haven't checked but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case, or becomes the case past a certain point.

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't help that selections vary from region to region. I feel your pain.
Oh my god this is the worst. If the Vita didn't require you having to back up and reformat to switch profiles and instead worked like the PS3 it would at least be slightly tolerable but even then the selection isn't much better lol.
Yup, it's awful. Also for PS1 games.
PS1 selection isn't tooooo awful it just has some really weird omissions. Like why is there no Ace Combat 2 or 3? Or why only armored core 1 and not master of arena? And why no Gran Turismo 2???

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I bought my Vita on Saturday to enjoy some classic games and i get it home and see the collection of older psp and ps1 games is frankly terrible for the UK region.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Couple of reviews up on my site - Exist Archive (fund, but repetitive after a while):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....ist-archive-the-other-side-of-the-sky-review/

Ecolibrium (a terrible example of F2P):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/02/02/vita-ecolibrium-review/

Prices have gone up on memory cards for all sizes due to limited availability now haven't they?

Couple of hundred yen up on Amazon? Otherwise mostly the same.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh got to level 98(/100) of pure mode TxK before game over, what a kick in the balls, some of the later levels are stupidly hard. Guess I better get practising them.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
TxK was rock hard for me to finish. I never got good enough to get anywhere on Pure (plus trophies were glitched so I lost the incentive to bother) but did manage to clear all 100 levels eventually. Had to be very careful with lives management after the first 50 or so levels, but found the last 10 or so levels easier than expected. Such a trippy, awesome game.

IamAwake

Oct 27, 2017
A friend got me a copy of Death Mark for Christmas. Should I start and complete that game before heading back into Chaos;Child. Howlongtobeat only suggests it's a quick ride.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
My latest article is about 10 (more) cancelled Vita games that should have happened. Always a depressing one to write but researching it helped me dig up some interesting stuff!

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....ncelled-vita-games-that-should-have-happened/

Ugh got to level 98(/100) of pure mode TxK before game over, what a kick in the balls, some of the later levels are stupidly hard. Guess I better get practising them.

Ouch! I'm sure you'll get it next time.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
My latest article is about 10 (more) cancelled Vita games that should have happened. Always a depressing one to write but researching it helped me dig up some interesting stuff!

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....ncelled-vita-games-that-should-have-happened/

Cool list. I wasn't even aware MOH was ever stated to get a Vita release (another couple of FPS' would have been nice for sure, at least Konami could have given me the Coded Arms games via PSP :( )
City Shrouded in Shadow though... that game would have been rough on Vita, and I say that as someone who enjoyed it very much! It runs bad o the PS4 in places due to lack of optimisation so I can't imagine how bad it'd run/look on Vita.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Cool list. I wasn't even aware MOH was ever stated to get a Vita release (another couple of FPS' would have been nice for sure, at least Konami could have given me the Coded Arms games via PSP :( )
City Shrouded in Shadow though... that game would have been rough on Vita, and I say that as someone who enjoyed it very much! It runs bad o the PS4 in places due to lack of optimisation so I can't imagine how bad it'd run/look on Vita.

Yeah, I'd heard tales about how bad City Shrouded in Shadow was - I'd still love to have seen it on Vita though. The producer even said it wasn't a decision for technical reasons which seems bizarre!

I'm quite pleased with the selection of PSP FPS games - we only got the first Coded Arms though didn't we? Would've loved Contagion too.

After reading this, all I could think was "I pray Romancing Saga 3 localization still makes it over".

I have no hope for that one anymore. If we do, it'll only be because Kawazu pulls some crazy shit.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd heard tales about how bad City Shrouded in Shadow was - I'd still love to have seen it on Vita though. The producer even said it wasn't a decision for technical reasons which seems bizarre!

I'm quite pleased with the selection of PSP FPS games - we only got the first Coded Arms though didn't we? Would've loved Contagion too.

I dont remember the first Coded Arms (well, either of them) being playable on the Vita. They were ripe for Vita just for the control mapping options. Pity, guess I'll boot up my PSP version one day again!

Meanwhile, did anything come of those VVVVVV and 1001 Spikes physical releases? I remember them being teased recently with in box copies shown but I never saw if they'd be released or not.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I dont remember the first Coded Arms (well, either of them) being playable on the Vita. They were ripe for Vita just for the control mapping options. Pity, guess I'll boot up my PSP version one day again!

Meanwhile, did anything come of those VVVVVV and 1001 Spikes physical releases? I remember them being teased recently with in box copies shown but I never saw if they'd be released or not.

Oh buddy, I've got news for you! Coded Arms is on the US store and it's Vita-compatible (might only be through PS3-transfer, but it's definitely doable - I have it on my Vita!).

Must've mis-read your first message sorry, I thought you were saying they were playable on Vita :P

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas

Promo copies of 1001 and VVVVVV were recently sold on eBay. They should be coming out soon.

If not, then whoever bought those got the rarest Vita games in existence.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Promo copies of 1001 and VVVVVV were recently sold on eBay. They should be coming out soon.

If not, then whoever bought those got the rarest Vita games in existence.
Ah ok, good to know. Fingers crossed we get proper release dates soon as both would make great additions to my collection.

Oh buddy, I've got news for you! Coded Arms is on the US store and it's Vita-compatible (might only be through PS3-transfer, but it's definitely doable - I have it on my Vita!).

Must've mis-read your first message sorry, I thought you were saying they were playable on Vita :P
Ok, that's fantastic news. Time for me to get my USA account active on a Vita and do a playthrough, thanks :)

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I'm a bit tempted to grab The House in Fata Morgana on Steam (since it's on sale) and then streaming it to the Vita. I would buy it digital either way, and it would most likely be more expensive.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I'm back on my Vita playing some old RE titles and always have it in my backpack. Got a screen protector but its still getting kinda roughed up, any cases or protective stuff you guys would recommend?

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got my Sayonara Umihara Kawase++ CE from Strictly Limited, it's fantastic. So glad we got a physical release for this game, and last time I checked the standard edition was still available on their site. Great game, one of the most unique platformers out there and a port of the SFC original is included with the Vita game.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed Longest 5 Minutes and Spelunky today. Who said the Vita is dying worse than the 3DS ;) (seriously, I can't believe I'm still spending this much money on the Vita in 2019, Catherine next unless more limited releases pop up).

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Question for anyone with a CFW Vita.

Is there anything out there that can lower the screen brightness by more than the system menu? When playing my OLED model laying in bed the lowest brightness available in the system menu is still uncomfortably bright to me.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Question for anyone with a CFW Vita.

Is there anything out there that can lower the screen brightness by more than the system menu? When playing my OLED model laying in bed the lowest brightness available in the system menu is still uncomfortably bright to me.
I looked for the exact same thing a couple of days ago and found this https://github.com/devnoname120/vitabright. Truth to be told, I'm not totally sure it worked, but moving the slider to the absolute minimum seems to lower the brightness a bit more than usual.

OP
OP
Yasumi

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, this coming week is going to be disgustingly expensive. Both Code Realize and Catherine (JP) coming out, preordered both limited editions.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Bah, those games are this week? Not sure if I'll get Code Realize yet or wait, but I'll definitely look into getting Catherine. Cannot wait for that one.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Does anyone know what's the "upper limit" with the bitrate on Moonlight? I know the Vita doesn't have the wi-fi chip, so I was wondering how far it could be pushed.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm back on my Vita playing some old RE titles and always have it in my backpack. Got a screen protector but its still getting kinda roughed up, any cases or protective stuff you guys would recommend?
Cheap case with a padded front is better than a screen protector if you ask me. Only way to keep the console in the best condition is to use a case.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Cheap case with a padded front is better than a screen protector if you ask me. Only way to keep the console in the best condition is to use a case.
Yeah, I ordered one recently but might just use both. I have a grip case on it so ill have to take that off to fit it but maybe for the best.

Are there any vita games with pretty active online communities still? I have mostly played rpgs on mine.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I ordered one recently but might just use both. I have a grip case on it so ill have to take that off to fit it but maybe for the best.

Are there any vita games with pretty active online communities still? I have mostly played rpgs on mine.

Killzone does, although oddly Call of Duty has an even bigger community still.

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
I'm not sure it's 100% of the time, but there were definitely still people playing when I last logged on.

I've been a fan of your Vita website for quite some time. I just want to say thank you for highlight some games no one else has or giving some games a chance. While I don't have the same taste in games as you, I found some great games among your recommendations.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I've been a fan of your Vita website for quite some time. I just want to say thank you for highlight some games no one else has or giving some games a chance. While I don't have the same taste in games as you, I found some great games among your recommendations.

Hey thanks, that's awesome to hear! I'm glad people enjoy my content.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, VitaEra. I've been MIA for a little while due to financial issues after a couple of rough years, but things finally seem to be working themselves out, and I'd like to pick up a couple Vita games to play on the commute to and from work. I'd say I probably haven't been following things closely for at least a year, maybe two. Excluding limited releases like LRG or SLG, and stuff like Code Realize or Psychedlica, is there anything must-play that I missed that you can recommend? How did that Secret of Mana remake turn out?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

I wonder what's the final Aksys title he mentions. I have a pretty good guess, but it'd be another otome.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Killzone does, although oddly Call of Duty has an even bigger community still.

honestly it isn't really a surprise that cod still has a community on Vita, i remember it always being in the top 10 some how on the UK Vita physical charts and i'm pretty sure it's in the top 5 total sellers for the US market, i'm sure someone included the vita top 10 tweet in a thread a good while ago