• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
it's always up to two parties. they both agreed on the port for this. they both have to make money of the expected sales of a vita version.

I don't think Utawarerumono is such an enticing property that it'd make NISA agree to release the Vita port opposed to every single game that had a Vita release skipped, specially NIS own titles.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Utawarerumono is such an enticing property that it'd make NISA agree to release the Vita port opposed to every single game that had a Vita release skipped, specially NIS own titles.

but what if nisa had agreed to do a game like coven and it was nis who didn't?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
but what if nisa had agreed to do a game like coven and it was nis who didn't?

With Coven, maybe, but NISA released another several titles but not for th Vita that NIS was still doing Vita ports. Doesn't the Princess Guide title release this week? That had a Vita port that NIS did not long ago and NISA was already skipping Vita ports.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
With Coven, maybe, but NISA released another several titles but not for th Vita that NIS was still doing Vita ports. Doesn't the Princess Guide title release this week? That had a Vita port that NIS did not long ago and NISA was already skipping Vita ports.

if nis was already not expecting to see revenue making up for their dev time on something like coven, and that decision was made in early 2018, then why would they change their mind later in the year?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Let's see if I can make myself clear:

The multiplatform NIS titles that NISA skipped the Vita release in the West:
The Princess Guide (March 8th 2018 in Japan)
The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince (May 31st 2018)

And I'm not even talking about the NIS Vita titles that NISA straight up skipped for whatever reasons (Special Report Division, Shin Hayarigami, Hero Must Die, Kamigami no Asobi, Exile Election etc).

At that point, NIS was releasing games as multiplatform releases, including the Vita as a platform, and at that point, NISA was already skipping Vita games, not only the ones mentioned above, but had already announced multiplatform titles that they were bringing and skipping the Vita port (Touhou titles, Coven, Metal Max Xeno).

Which means, it wasn't just exclusive to NIS that both NIS and NISA didn't want to release Vita titles, but the same happened with every single NISA partner at that point (Kadokawa, Mediascape), making the small Vita audience think, with reason, that NISA had already ditched the platform as a whole like other companies (Spike Chunsoft, PQube, Arc Sys).

When a Vita title was announced by NISA, again, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that it could've and even must've been a demand from the japanese publisher, when NISA itself was skipping several Vita titles, exclusives or multiplatforms, from NIS or otherwise.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
As much as I'd love to support the Vita version, I'll have to go with the PS4 limited edition. It'll look pretty good alongside my day one editions of MoD and MoT.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Project Harcore (that cancelled DICE run 'n' gun platformer) is now called Ultracore, however it seems the physical release didn't make the cutoff.

it's always up to two parties. they both agreed on the port for this. they both have to make money of the expected sales of a vita version.

Aquaplus: "Include the Vita version too or we go somewhere else"

NISA: "Okay we agree"

Something like that right?

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Project Harcore (that cancelled DICE run 'n' gun platformer) is now called Ultracore, however it seems the physical release didn't make the cutoff.

Aquaplus: "Include the Vita version too or we go somewhere else"

NISA: "Okay we agree"

Something like that right?

or sometimes it's

'hey we can do it for vita this is how much you make off the royalties'

'ah then nah'

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I certainly wasn't. Sony basically discontinued the system like five years ago. I knew it would stick around for a while as an indie darling / platform for small Japanese outfits, but after the Switch came out, I thought that was it. But nope, it's 2019, there are still Vita games coming out somehow, even on leftover carts, and there's at least one planned release for 2020.

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of love the tenacity of the Vita.
Even after sony has yanked production, pulled marketing, and pretty much as much support as possible. The little dude keeps on trucking.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
i thought the system would be dead-dead in 2018 and then there was an obvious end-of-life push for 2019 physical units.

2020-anything is just insanity.

I do not disagree with you, it never crossed my mind that there'd be new games in 2020 after how fast companies like PQube and Arc Sys dropped support.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I figured there'd still be a slow stream of indies that I have no interest in but a recently announced full release of a localized visual novel in a series is beyond my wildest dreams

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I know it's probably been mentioned plenty of times but can we discuss how ridiculous the Vita Slim's battery life is when it's in sleep mode? I swear I've had mine in sleep mode for nearly 2 weeks, I turned it on last night and it's at half-charge.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
OLED Vita's have great sleep battery life as well. Mine lasts for weeks on one charge (assuming I'm not playing it, if I am, a few hours). I was really impressed with this, and still am. Smokes the 3DS for sure in that department, heck even the Switch doesn't seem to last quite as long in sleep mode.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I remember reading somewhere that the Vita is actually shutting down when going into sleep mode so that would explain it.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I've had my Slim left alone in sleep for two months before and turned it on to find the systems at half charge with my game still in the spot I left it.
Truly phenomenal.

OP
OP
Yasumi

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else grabbing the physical NISA games coming out next week? I'll be getting Longest 5 Minutes and Penny Punching Princess. Already have Lost Child on Switch and it's pretty barf.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else grabbing the physical NISA games coming out next week? I'll be getting Longest 5 Minutes and Penny Punching Princess. Already have Lost Child on Switch and it's pretty barf.
Got my copy of Longest 5 Minutes arrive yesterday. Really pleased to finally get to play it. I've got the Japanese one of PPP so I'll pass on that one.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be getting all three! I bought Lost Child on PS4 but i never touched it. DRPGs just feel weird on a big screen and not on a portable.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow there are a lot of great games on sale right now.
I dont really even know what to pick up.
I kinda wanna snag the MGS collection
But I also wanna get Fate/Extella
And I kinda wanna get Akiba's Beat but I haven't heard any impressions from it but it looks kinda fun.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I've not played Beat yet, but I really enjoyed Akiba's Trip 2. The real world location, and sorta Yakuza feel to parts of it (while not as good) made for a really fun game. I should really get round to trying Beat myself eventually...

On the brighter side, managed to get the special edition of Bloodstained from LRG yesterday evening, was worried this'd be another Salt and Sanctuary situation!

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this book in my local libary.

Ps1xewmb.jpg

It's basically an instruction manual, how to connect to the store, use near, take photos and email them, that sort of thing.
Never been taken out. Makes me wonder how many copies it sold.

fTWorzDb.jpg