• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I love Divekick. It's stupid fun when you have another person and a few beers. The two people on one Vita rules too.

I figured it was probably just one of those things where I wasn't the right target audience for the game, having no mates who would remotely consider playing it with me :P

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So I went to use PSDLE in order to check my list of games that I got on PSN and...this showed up when using it with my US account
lqrfVAN.png

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
what was the MSRP for SD Gundam G Generation Genesis (english) for vita back when it first came out? thanks, curious how much it was retail since it's a unique release and i'm going to start looking around for one.

Last edited:

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
So, anyone have any recommendation where to import a Vita from japan to EU (Finland to be exact) assuming some store has it in stock. Seems like Play Asia doesn't have any.

My old OLED Vita has a busted right analogue and I figured that might as well try to get a new one before they get too hard to find.

Benedict

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So, anyone have any recommendation where to import a Vita from japan to EU (Finland to be exact) assuming some store has it in stock. Seems like Play Asia doesn't have any.

My old OLED Vita has a busted right analogue and I figured that might as well try to get a new one before they get too hard to find.
Looks like Play Asia has two colours of Vita. Although price has increased quite a bit since last time I looked

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I almost woke up the wife laughing at that scene. It was so good.

I've also never quite connected with a character as much as this one.
UKIEn7M.jpg

Honestly, it's a pretty good game, all things considered. It's certainly no Flowers and it's not going to set any standard in the yuri genre, but I really enjoyed playing a yuri on a handheld.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, it's a pretty good game, all things considered. It's certainly no Flowers and it's not going to set any standard in the yuri genre, but I really enjoyed playing a yuri on a handheld.
Oh, I don't regret reading it at all. I really liked it for what it was, even if I'm super far from the target audience for it.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Yeah just checked and they do have some. Could have sworn it was all out just a few days ago.
Their stock seems to update frequently. I ordered one from them a couple days before the Japanese discontinuation announcement. They replied and said they weren't sure if/when they would get more so I canceled and went to ebay. I checked a week or so later and they had some back in stock.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
After many years I've finally beat TxK in pure mode! Don't usually care about trophies but am a little annoyed it's still doesn't register as it's such a tough one to obtain. There being a trophy to do it all with three lives is crazy.

Anyway not sure I've ever played a game that's grown on me quite so much over a long period of time, I always enjoyed it as as a trippy fun diversion so kept going back to it until slowly it's become one of my GOAT games.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Looks like we were supposed to be getting YU-NO on Vita in the west before Spike Chunsoft torpedo'd PQube's relationship with 5pb and snapped everything up.

Pretty disappointing!

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

RadicalR

Oct 27, 2017
My new article is up - Vita's lost games, a look at the digital future:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/04/01/vitas-lost-games-a-look-at-the-digital-future/

Basically just bemoaning titles that are gone from the store. There was a lot more to write about than I first though, plenty of games have just vanished which is a real shame. The majority have physical releases, but plenty of the F2P stuff alongside the lines of Plants vs. Zombies is gone for good.

Legally, yes.

However, there are ways to preserve digital only games (but not the services obliviously).

For example, PSM games aren't completely lost, as they are still being hosted on Sony's servers.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Legally, yes.

However, there are ways to preserve digital only games (but not the services obliviously).

For example, PSM games aren't completely lost, as they are still being hosted on Sony's servers.

I'm aware of other ways around - although I didn't know there was any way to still play PSM games through homebrew or emulators?

Either way, I only tend to talk about legal stuff regarding Vita in my articles :P

RadicalR

Oct 27, 2017
I'm aware of other ways around - although I didn't know there was any way to still play PSM games through homebrew or emulators?

Either way, I only tend to talk about legal stuff regarding Vita in my articles :P

Understood. But to answer your question about PSM, basically it's decrypting the game to allow it to run on the Vita.

That's all I'm going to say regarding that as I'm aware how dicey the topic can be.

Thought you guys would be interested in this.

https://twitter.com/Radical_R/status/1113193330165387268

Last edited:

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Do they still put Vita games on sale on EU PSN?

I don't remember seeing any in the last few sales I've looked at and I really want to play Danganronpa V3. But not €39.99 want.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Yes, there were tons of Vita games including Dangaronpa V3 on sale in January. If they follow the usual pattern the next big sale should start at the end of this month.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I thought it was in this thread, but I don't see it over the last couple pages. There was a user with a black Castlevania SotN menu/equip screen on a black Vita 1000 avatar. I can't seem to find said user and/or avatar. Anyone know who and/or how they did that? rom hack? Obviously it's a PS1/PSP game on Vita but I was more interested in the black menu screen...for no other reason than just curious, lol.

[edit, Rofl, nvm this is a setting you can adjust in game]

Last edited:

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Understood. But to answer your question about PSM, basically it's decrypting the game to allow it to run on the Vita.

That's all I'm going to say regarding that as I'm aware how dicey the topic can be.

Thought you guys would be interested in this.

https://twitter.com/Radical_R/status/1113193330165387268

mods were fine with someone posting how to do it for PSN PSP games and decrypting them for emulator use in i think it was either the PSP OT or an emulation thread but maybe that was because the PSP is pretty much dead 100% now

So the LucBernard games are going to be Asian release instead.

am i reading this wrong or is he trying to take a dig at LRG?

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
mods were fine with someone posting how to do it for PSN PSP games and decrypting them for emulator use in i think it was either the PSP OT or an emulation thread but maybe that was because the PSP is pretty much dead 100% now

am i reading this wrong or is he trying to take a dig at LRG?
I can't read a dig at LRG in that tweet no matter how hard I try. It feels like he's reassuring people who funded the IndieGoGo campaign that things are all fine.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Class of Heroes, Knights in the Knightmare, Riviera and Yggdra Union are gone from US PSN. All published by Atlus, interestingly the publisher of previously Atlus-USA titles on US PSN are now listed with SEGA of America as publisher.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Class of Heroes, Knights in the Knightmare, Riviera and Yggdra Union are gone from US PSN. All published by Atlus, interestingly the publisher of previously Atlus-USA titles on US PSN are now listed with SEGA of America as publisher.

Dang. I've wanted to play Knights in the Knightmare for a while. That's what I get for not jumping on it sooner.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn that sucks. Should've picked up Class of Heroes sooner I guess. At least the others are readily available on other platforms.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Good news everyone!

It has a fox in and looks cute, I'm in.

Also, various pieces of new stuff up on my website - first, an article about my 10 favourite Vita online experiences:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/04/08/vitas-10-best-online-experiences/

And a few reviews - The Bridge (decent puzzler):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/04/06/vita-the-bridge-review/

Demetrios (not particularly my kind of thing, old-fashioned adventure game):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/04/02/vita-demetrios-the-big-cynical-adventure-review/

And War Theatre (best Arcade Distillery title I've played, solid SRPG):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/04/04/vita-war-theatre-review/

Oct 25, 2017
All this hype about VA-11 HALL-A getting more releases makes me want to replay it and I totally blanked on the fact that there is a psvita release which I might just pick up.
How does the game play on the vita?