• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Someone local to me has a lime green Vita 2000 with the original box, manuals, and a 32GB card for $150 USD. Apparently the screen is in good shape since the person's used a screen protector, and the buttons don't stick or anything.

Is that a good deal for where the Vita is at right now?

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
Someone local to me has a lime green Vita 2000 with the original box, manuals, and a 32GB card for $150 USD. Apparently the screen is in good shape since the person's used a screen protector, and the buttons don't stick or anything.

With the 32GB card and no scratches, that's a good price.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017

I'd probably grab that so quick I'd leave claw marks on the counter it was sitting on.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Point taken lol, thanks y'all. Need to balance some things, but tomorrow, I may own a Vita again. \o/

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Always on board for a new Experience Inc game. I should probably import Labyrinth Cross Blood at some point.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Going to pick up the Vita after work today. Very excited! I already have a pretty big backlog of games for it from when I used to have one, so I'm looking forward to diving into them over the weekend. Mainly want to get back into Persona 4 and, for some reason, Resistance: Burning Skies.

EDIT: Almost forgot to ask, can anyone recommend a good grip for the Vita 2000?

Last edited:

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
No to rain on anyone's parade but on another note, I'm going to sell my silver pch-2000 Vita. Played quite a few games on it but I'm not feeling it, and I feel I would be better off with a Switch. Most of the hyped games for the Vita were pretty meh for me and the only ones that stand out I can count on one hand. I'm not even having second thoughts about this and it's sad actually.
source.gif

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Just got home from picking up the Vita. Managed to get it for $140, and it's just as the guy said it was! Very good condition with protectors on the screen and on the back, a 32GB memory card in it, and the original box and inserts. He also threw in a pretty sturdy case and a (very cheap-looking) third-party charging dock. The only thing that seems to be missing is the USB cable for the system, but thankfully it does have the original charging brick at least.

Very happy with how it looks. Downloading FFX to it at the moment, excited to dive in on this thing. :D

Side note: using O to confirm and X to cancel feels just right for some reason.

QQLiKvM.jpg

G87uKUc.jpg

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA

that 2nd cover for VVVVVV is so dope

looks like i'm getting it now

That reverse cover's great! Still no updates on when Nicalis is launching their online store?

Just got home from picking up the Vita. Managed to get it for $140, and it's just as the guy said it was! Very good condition with protectors on the screen and on the back, a 32GB memory card in it, and the original box and inserts. He also threw in a pretty sturdy case and a (very cheap-looking) third-party charging dock. The only thing that seems to be missing is the USB cable for the system, but thankfully it does have the original charging brick at least.

Very happy with how it looks. Downloading FFX to it at the moment, excited to dive in on this thing. :D

QQLiKvM.jpg

G87uKUc.jpg

Congrats. Getting all that for $140's a steal.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

QQLiKvM.jpg

G87uKUc.jpg
Even better deal than before! Great job grabbing it. :)

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
I just got mine today from play Asia. I'm loving how it looks.

Holy crap I forgot how long it takes to load stuff from the store. I'm noticing 32 gig is quite a good size for many games. I got some games on my account to hold me over for a bit but I'll keep on buying if I see sales and got the cash I guess.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So it looks like Shakedown: Hawaii isn't the final version as they have to rush it to beat Sony's deadline. There will be a patch later.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Here is a picture of my new vita arrived yesterday.

I absolutely need some games thou. I remember having a bunch of them from PS+ subscription. Is that worth having for the vita at this point? I wouldn't mind recovering some of my past saves to be honest.
I only have a few games to hold me out for a while.

I have Assassins Creed Liberation (Cart) , Need for Speed Most wanted, Motorstorm RC and a few others
nWfyFCO.jpg

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017

I absolutely need some games thou. I remember having a bunch of them from PS+ subscription. Is that worth having for the vita at this point? I wouldn't mind recovering some of my past saves to be honest.

I have Assassins Creed Liberation (Cart) , Need for Speed Most wanted, Motorstorm RC and a few others
nWfyFCO.jpg
That's a really nice looking system.

As for PS+, Sony no longer includes Vita games every month (or PS3, for that matter). If one of the monthly PS4 games happens to be crossbuy for Vita then I think you'll also have access to the Vita version, but otherwise, it's PS4-only from here on out. So I'd say the value of having it depends on how much you like the games you got from it in the past, as well as things like cloud saves.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up a used copy of Mortal Kombat today; I already own a digital copy but deleted it since my 32GB card is full. I have a 64GB card but it like went bad? Games stopped loading and rebuilding the database made half my games disappear. Passed on a copies of Street Fighter X Tekken and Sonic Racing Transformed because they had sheets with download codes for extra outfits and such that I assume were already used.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Mega Man Legends is easily one of the most visually pleasing PS1 games I've seen, damn. Decided to give it a try, and it's definitely good to look at.

The controls are another story entirely, but being able to remap controls helps a bit. I put movement on the left stick, camera on the right, and targeting on R. Still feels a little clunky, but it's better than the default.

Picked up a used copy of Mortal Kombat today; I already own a digital copy but deleted it since my 32GB card is full. I have a 64GB card but it like went bad? Games stopped loading and rebuilding the database made half my games disappear. Passed on a copies of Street Fighter X Tekken and Sonic Racing Transformed because they had sheets with download codes for extra outfits and such that I assume were already used.
I remember on my old Vita, the 64GB card I had occasionally gave me an error of some sort. Not sure if those cards have a higher failure rate or something. It definitely spooked me a bit.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

QQLiKvM.jpg

G87uKUc.jpg

Congrats!

FF X and X-2 play and look great on Vita as well.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

nWfyFCO.jpg

She's sexy enjoy.

If you've had PS+ for awhile and have been "buying" everything, then you have a huge library already.

Also, it's Golden Week, so lots of good sales

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
She's sexy enjoy.

If you've had PS+ for awhile and have been "buying" everything, then you have a huge library already.

Also, it's Golden Week, so lots of good sales
I can't remember off the top of my head all the games I've gotten in the past from PS+ but I did have the service for a while. (I did switch from PS4 to Xbox after the first year of the gen but still got games here and there until my sub ran out).
At this point I will probably buy a month so that I can take a peek and decide from there if to keep the service. The cloud saves option seems nice. I have a PSTV and a Vita so continuing my saves without having to take out the card wouldn't be bad. Though that would mean that I would have to buy another memory card for my PSTV.

Last edited:

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Got quite a few new reviews up lately - 99Vidas (Fairly poor scrolling brawler):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/04/29/vita-99vidas-review/

Reality Fighters (tech demo that didn't really offer anything more):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/04/26/vita-reality-fighters-review/

Wanted Corp (surprisingly enjoyable twin-stick shooter that most people on my Twitter feed didn't seem to know about):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/05/01/vita-wanted-corp-review/

And because why the hell not, the free Yakuza 0 Companion App from Japanese PSN (decent):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/05/03/vita-yakuza-0-companion-app-import-review/

I also reviewed Need for Speed Carbon which is a fantastic racing game, available on US PSN through backwards-compatibility:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/04/24/psp-need-for-speed-carbon-own-the-city-review/

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Got quite a few new reviews up lately - 99Vidas (Fairly poor scrolling brawler):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/04/29/vita-99vidas-review/

Reality Fighters (tech demo that didn't really offer anything more):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/04/26/vita-reality-fighters-review/

Wanted Corp (surprisingly enjoyable twin-stick shooter that most people on my Twitter feed didn't seem to know about):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/05/01/vita-wanted-corp-review/

And because why the hell not, the free Yakuza 0 Companion App from Japanese PSN (decent):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/05/03/vita-yakuza-0-companion-app-import-review/

I also reviewed Need for Speed Carbon which is a fantastic racing game, available on US PSN through backwards-compatibility:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/04/24/psp-need-for-speed-carbon-own-the-city-review/
Wanted Corp is super neat! I was pretty impressed with it when it came out. Still wish the Yakuza 0 Companion App could have launched here (I tried my best ;0;) because imo it's a pretty meaty offering for the price!

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Wanted Corp is super neat! I was pretty impressed with it when it came out. Still wish the Yakuza 0 Companion App could have launched here (I tried my best ;0;) because imo it's a pretty meaty offering for the price!

Hi Liam!

Hey, someone else who has actually played it. Seems like a rarity! I hopefully convinced a few people on Twitter to try it out so maybe we'll see a few more people diving in, I certainly think it's worth giving a shot.

Completely forgot the Yakuza 0 App was a part of #VoteVita! I reckon I'd have had a better time playing it in English but yeah - I was surprised considering it was free just how much they'd put into it. It just made me really, really want a fully fledged portable Yakuza though.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Hi Liam!

Hey, someone else who has actually played it. Seems like a rarity! I hopefully convinced a few people on Twitter to try it out so maybe we'll see a few more people diving in, I certainly think it's worth giving a shot.

Completely forgot the Yakuza 0 App was a part of #VoteVita! I reckon I'd have had a better time playing it in English but yeah - I was surprised considering it was free just how much they'd put into it. It just made me really, really want a fully fledged portable Yakuza though.
Right? It's such a neat little curiosity of a game. The classic Sega games and new Monkey Ball content alone are worthwhile enough, but in true Yakuza style it has an obnoxiously wide amount of content (considering the price)!

What a dream it would have been if Yakuza 0 had also been on Vita, haha. There was a PS3 version, even! In one sense, it's nice that they made some free bespoke Yakuza things for Vita (Japanese users got the best of both worlds with the full games and the companions), but at the end of the day I think even a bad port would have been my preference.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
So I got Persona Golden from the Golden Week sale. Sadly I can't purchase symphony of the night which I was interested on because I got it from ps+ (I can't believe Sony never fixed that!!). Anyways, what are some other must grabs from it? I am not familiar with some of those games.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Can't you download it to a PS3, then transfer it to your Vita?
The issue is that when you have PS+ and acquired a game because it was free, the store doesn't let you purchase the game anymore if your ps+ subscription is valid at the moment. It only shows the option to download to my systems instead of the "buy" icon. Which is sad because once my month of ps+ is due I'm not going to continue the service yet I can't purchase the game on sale because the store literally doesn't let me do it.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
The issue is that when you have PS+ and acquired a game because it was free, the store doesn't let you purchase the game anymore if your ps+ subscription is valid at the moment. It only shows the option to download to my systems instead of the "buy" icon. Which is sad because once my month of ps+ is due I'm not going to continue the service yet I can't purchase the game on sale because the store literally doesn't let me do it.
Call SONY customer service and ask that they remove the license manually so you can purchase the game. If the person tell you they cannot, try again until you find someone who can.
Then you should be able to buy it.

Slaylock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I dusted off my Vita (literally) since I was interested in playing Shakedown:Hawaii. I've been debating whether to buy it for PS4 or Switch, but I figured I could get the best of both worlds by playing it cross play between the PS4 and Vita.

When I booted up the Vita, I noticed I'm at version 3.63. I've never cared about custom firmware, but I was curious if I should give it a try before upgrading to 3.7.

Any thoughts? Is it easy? Can I connect to the PlayStation store using custom firmware? What are the advantages?

Sorry if this has already been covered a hundred times.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
You'll have an easier time installing custom firmware if you don't update to 3.70 (although it is still possible). It's kind of a pain to set up everything. Nothing too hard but there are a lot of steps. There are step by step instructions online though. First you have to run an exploit to install the CFW, then install various apps for various features. I'm going through the process now for a few reasons:

1 - to install SD2Vita to load a 256 GB SD memory card into my Vita
2 - to load some of my old PSP games onto my Vita that I ripped from UMD
3 - to backup my physical carts so I can load them onto the SD card so no more cart swapping.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The Yakuza 0 app is actually worse than the Ishin one, so if you only have time/space to download one - Ishin's is the one to get. 0s has paid content (arcade games and Mahjong) and the combat is restricted to the fighting arena (with hilariously underlevelled characters vs the opponents) while Ishin has the Battle Dungeon - its not perfect frame rate wise by any means but its better gameplay wise in my opinion. Plus Mahjong is free on the Ishin app, so its clearly better ;)

Wanted Corps though... that I could not get into. Tried, briefly but it felt like a sub par twin stick shooter compared to others I'd played and I moved onto other games instead. Still, its way better than Reality Fighters which I also see mentioned, that game fucking sucked...

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
The Yakuza 0 app is actually worse than the Ishin one, so if you only have time/space to download one - Ishin's is the one to get. 0s has paid content (arcade games and Mahjong) and the combat is restricted to the fighting arena (with hilariously underlevelled characters vs the opponents) while Ishin has the Battle Dungeon - its not perfect frame rate wise by any means but its better gameplay wise in my opinion. Plus Mahjong is free on the Ishin app, so its clearly better ;)

Wanted Corps though... that I could not get into. Tried, briefly but it felt like a sub par twin stick shooter compared to others I'd played and I moved onto other games instead. Still, its way better than Reality Fighters which I also see mentioned, that game fucking sucked...

I have Ishin waiting to be played - from watching videos it looks better actually (they're both massive file sizes though, 3GB+!)

Yep, hated Reality Fighters - sad you couldn't get into Wanted Corp though, I really enjoyed it!

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Just finished Danganronpa V3. That was... Disappointing??? It had some nice trials like the second one and (to some extent) the fifth (the first one can go and fuck itself in hell though), but it's by far the weakest of the three Danganronpas (not counting udg or the crappy anime).

For starters, I think it has the worst cast out of the three main games, and the fact that they just keep trying to shove kaito down your throat doesn't help. Idk, I found most of them annoying or uninteresting.

Other thing I didn't like is that many of the victims just kept throwing death flags like crazy.

And last but not least, the two most important trials lost any real effect for different reasons
the first one just felt cheap. Like, come on, who the hell thought that was a clever idea??? I would get it if we were controlling Shuichi, but we were supposedly following Kaede's actions.

That last trial was obnoxious, and I'm not talking about the big twist, but the fact that it felt like it went on for way too much time. At the end I just wanted the thing to end, but noooooo, the fuckers wouldn't shut up. It definitely lost whatever effect they tried to achieve with the twist.