• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

nnex

Oct 27, 2017
According to the email, those are going to be US$39.99 each, which is going to be a hard pass for me.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing further in Soul Sacrifice Delta. Hit level 100 and used the rite of transmutation to reset and get a powerful sigil. Are there any good guides to this game online? I searched and couldn't find any. There's a lot of things they added from the original game, and it's not all explained. For one of my sigils I need a "Dullahan SE" but the lowest level Dullahan I can fight is too high level and gives me the "+" version.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
New stuff I've written over the past couple of weeks:

10 genres that are missing from Vita's library:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/05/14/10-genres-that-are-missing-from-vitas-library/

A look at all Code Mystics' ports on Vita:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....-vita-games-developer-spotlight-code-mystics/

Rogue Aces review (not my cup of tea but decent game I guess):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/05/08/vita-rogue-aces-review/

Super Destronaut DX (super basic but enjoyable shooter):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/05/15/vita-super-destronaut-dx-review/

Thomas was Alone (try-hard 2D platformer, people seem to love it though!):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/05/11/vita-thomas-was-alone-review/

And a review of one of my favourite games of all time, Final Fantasy VII (PS1 classic version):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/05/13/ps1-final-fantasy-vii-review/

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
https://mailchi.mp/strictlylimitedgames/necrosphere-announcement?e=98dd7c6a49

JpL50gL.png

Necrosphere Deluxe

Limited Standard Edition (PS Vita & PS4):
  • Available for 24.99€
  • Limited to 1400 copies (per platform)
  • Navigate through never-ending mazes and deadly obstacles by using highly innovative controls (2 buttons only)!
  • Exceptionally hard, you will both love it and hate it
  • Original Soundtrack made by Juliane Andrezzo
  • Including short ultra-hard extra story called "Terry's Dream"

Please note: All games are in our warehouse already and are waiting to be shipped.

OP
OP
Yasumi

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
God, Root Double is such a drag to get through due to flashbacks. I finally got through the whole Watase flashback, which went about as I expected. I was like great, now the plot can finally progress properly. Nope. Now everybody gets a flashback. =______=

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
God, Root Double is such a drag to get through due to flashbacks. I finally got through the whole Watase flashback, which went about as I expected. I was like great, now the plot can finally progress properly. Nope. Now everybody gets a flashback. =______=

The game is 70% flashbacks. I wish there was an option to "skip flashback", the game would've been a lot better.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Japanese seem to have a thing for flashbacks.

Btw, when did sony get rid of the stupid "you can't earn trophies for pre owned games"??? I remember having to delete Ninja Gaiden to get the trophies, but I recently bought a pre owned Disgaea 4 and didn't get the notification. Now that I think about it, I don't think I got it back when I played Uncharted GA a couple of years ago.

EDIT: Oh shit, I actually played Uncharted: GA 4 years ago. Now I feel old.

Last edited:

jak153

Oct 30, 2017
Japanese seem to have a thing for flashbacks.

Btw, when did sony get rid of the stupid "you can't earn trophies for pre owned games"??? I remember having to delete Ninja Gaiden to get the trophies, but I recently bought a pre owned Disgaea 4 and didn't get the notification. Now that I think about it, I don't think I got it back when I played Uncharted GA a couple of years ago.

EDIT: Oh shit, I actually played Uncharted: GA 4 years ago. Now I feel old.
I Think this only occurs when playing a game that saves directly on the cartridge such as VLR or Jak and Daxter collection

Freelance7

Dec 20, 2018
Hey, I am getting a vita for the first time today. Any games you guys recommend? I am getting P4 Golden for it, so that's already one I know of.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Few new reviews up on my site - Bad Apple Wars (disappointing otome VN):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/05/22/vita-bad-apple-wars-review/

My Big Sister (surprisingly enjoyable pixel horror-adventure - and I really don't like 'horror' games so that's big praise):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/05/19/vita-my-big-sister-review/

And Sword Art Online: Lost Song (really enjoyable, if slightly repetitive, action-RPG):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/05/17/vita-sword-art-online-lost-song-review/

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Got my physical copy of Bloostained today. Plumped for the NES styled box version and much like KOF 97, LRG pulled out the stops to make this one damn nice. The box looks fantastic, and putting the Vita box in a little dust cover? Instant nostalgia right there.

Assuming there STILL isn't any concrete release dates on Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV and 1001 Spikes I'm done Vita collecting now. I should have 500 physical games and there's really nothing else that I don't have that interests me. Its been a wild ride for sure!

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
New content up on my site:

Article about where various Vita developers went after the end of Sony's handheld line:

Bad Apple Wars review (probably the worst otome I've played so far):

LEGO Lord of the Rings review (fairly average LEGO title):

My Big Sister review (better than I expected pixel adventure):

Sword Art Online: Lost Song review (repetitive but extremely enjoyable anime tie-in):

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got my physical copy of Bloostained today. Plumped for the NES styled box version and much like KOF 97, LRG pulled out the stops to make this one damn nice. The box looks fantastic, and putting the Vita box in a little dust cover? Instant nostalgia right there.

Assuming there STILL isn't any concrete release dates on Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV and 1001 Spikes I'm done Vita collecting now. I should have 500 physical games and there's really nothing else that I don't have that interests me. Its been a wild ride for sure!
Damn that's a lot of games. I think I have like 160 and I thought my collection was huge, lol.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the platinum on The Longest Five Minutes - really easy plat for any trophy hunters. Game was pretty nice too. It's more of a VN than an RPG, the RPG segments are extremely fluff and you can just run from point A -> point B casting "Repel" spell over and over.

Really nice music too

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that's a lot of games. I think I have like 160 and I thought my collection was huge, lol.
I went on a spree early in the life of the console and I own an awful lot of the Euro lot (almost a complete collection there) and lots of imports. But eventually I stopped as finding Euro games got more annoying and all the limited release stuff basically meant I was paying huge markups for rubbish indie stuff I never wanted to play. So I focused on just the limited releases I want, and I'm happy with the result! Now just to play them all...

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I went on a spree early in the life of the console and I own an awful lot of the Euro lot (almost a complete collection there) and lots of imports. But eventually I stopped as finding Euro games got more annoying and all the limited release stuff basically meant I was paying huge markups for rubbish indie stuff I never wanted to play. So I focused on just the limited releases I want, and I'm happy with the result! Now just to play them all...
Ha yeah I know that feeling, I could play nothing but Vita games for years andstill not finish all my games.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ha yeah I know that feeling, I could play nothing but Vita games for years andstill not finish all my games.
Totally true. At the moment I have Rabi Ribi to finish (which is awesome), then I got Iconoclasts and Shakedown Hawaii waiting in the wings to be played next. And that's just what I have in my immediate pile and not my main shelving for Vita games!

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Which one has less story sequences: Criminal Girls 2 or Mary Skelter? I want to play something while watching something else. Something tells me that Mary Skelter would be the one, as it's a DRPG.

Oct 26, 2017
Which one has less story sequences: Criminal Girls 2 or Mary Skelter? I want to play something while watching something else. Something tells me that Mary Skelter would be the one, as it's a DRPG.

Mary Skelter has a significant amount of story, especially early game. Trips back to town after a dungeon will end up being 30mins and you have multiple scenes throughout each dungeon that are 5-10mins as well.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
CG2 will have fewer story sequences and those that are there are most often "predictable anime banter" bland so they're easily skimmable while watching stuff.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Mary Skelter has a significant amount of story, especially early game. Trips back to town after a dungeon will end up being 30mins and you have multiple scenes throughout each dungeon that are 5-10mins as well.

CG2 will have fewer story sequences and those that are there are most often "predictable anime banter" bland so they're easily skimmable while watching stuff.

Guess I'll go with that one. Thanks!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Only downer is no Garou/Last Blade etc. but at least they got Metal Slug 3. I'll be getting both Rocketbirds, Mutant Blob, Guacamelee, Super Meat Boy and Atari Classics. I'd get Papers Plus but I'm completely shit at the game, and can't be spending more money on it (already own it digitally). LRG goes out with a bang, plenty of great choices there. Truly an end of an era.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Meh. Nothing I need physically so I guess LDM and Fata Morgana will be my last physical new Vita releases and likely last LRG orders.

Jan 11, 2018
Was the first Damascus Gear game even released in English on Vita? All the trophy lists seem to be for either the HD version on PS4 or the Japanese release.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
I was surprised to see a Vita logo at the Square Enix press conference (for Romancing Saga 3). Is this the only Vita news from e3?