• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Sounds like Sekai Project uncancelled a few Vita ports (Fault: Milestone One and World End Economica).

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I can't wait for Root Double Switch to release on EU Eshop while the Vita version is stuck in a "final round of QA" until the end of time.

Give me back my 40$ fuckers.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I'll believe those Sekai ports are happening when I'm actually playing them on my Vita. Digging through the Gematsu archives shows they were announced 2016 for a 2017 release (although I swear they were first announced in the Kickstarter years earlier).

Still, if they do land on Vita, I'll buy them on Vita - although super disappointed about Narcissu since that was the one I was looking forward to the most.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I'll believe those Sekai ports are happening when I'm actually playing them on my Vita. Digging through the Gematsu archives shows they were announced 2016 for a 2017 release (although I swear they were first announced in the Kickstarter years earlier).

Still, if they do land on Vita, I'll buy them on Vita - although super disappointed about Narcissu since that was the one I was looking forward to the most.

Finally - winter 2019 is the new Q1 2017.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So, back playing my Vita. I stopped playing Rabi Ribi and I still don't remember why. I feel its a kinda under rated Metroidvania game. It gives you a nice degree of freedom to explore things in any order, though what I really love is the balls to the wall bullet hell boss fights. These are fantastic and are easily some of the best in any Metroidvania game I've played to date. Not a fan of character design or plot, but the combat and bosses are really selling me on the game.

I've got Shakedown Hawaii and Iconoclasts to play next.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
From Nicalis' newsletter:

"If you collect games for Nintendo Switch, PS4 and other vital game consoles..."

Hopefully Vita titles soon.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the final chapter of Rabi Ribi today. The final boss in this game is absolutely nuts, it makes stuff like Dark Souls seem like a baby game, took me a few hours solid trying to beat the damn thing. Doesn't help the game has a bug on the Vita where it'll crash (thankfully really early) in the boss, which I figured out a way round (upon restarting from continue go right to the previous screen, then back left to the boss room, seems to stop the crash from happening). Its certainly one of the toughest bosses I've beaten, and this is a game that has some insane boss battles especially later in the game. Aside from the glitch and some baffling patterns against this boss (the screen filled attack is one I just can't figure out how to dodge, and caused 90% of all issues) I absolutely loved the game. Its so unique in using bullet hell bosses instead of the usual stuff, and definitely a game I want to grab a couple more trophies on just for the heck of it (I think I still have a couple of bosses left).

I have Shakedown Hawaii and Iconoclasts to play next, not sure which I'll play first...

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I started FFVIII on Vita and I'm having a weird issue, not sure if it's the game or the system at fault, but sometimes during dialogue it just won't let me progress with advancing to the next textbox

The game won't freeze and the music won't stop, but pressing X or any other button won't advance to the next text box for about 30 seconds

I can resolve the issue by putting the Vita to sleep and then waking it up, then hitting X just works

Any ideas?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I started FFVIII on Vita and I'm having a weird issue, not sure if it's the game or the system at fault, but sometimes during dialogue it just won't let me progress with advancing to the next textbox

The game won't freeze and the music won't stop, but pressing X or any other button won't advance to the next text box for about 30 seconds

I can resolve the issue by putting the Vita to sleep and then waking it up, then hitting X just works

Any ideas?
is the loading setting set to normal or fast? i know this causes some issues with the FF games on vita sometimes if they're set to fast

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
And now all the bonus chapters on Rabi Ribi are done. Annoyingly I can't get a couple of Easter Eggs and map completion because those were one time chances (thanks game...) but I absolutely loved playing the game through so I don't care if I'm missing a couple of trophies. Weirdly, the final extra boss felt easier compared to a couple before it, who were much harder.
All round one of the best Metroidvania games I've played.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
And now all the bonus chapters on Rabi Ribi are done. Annoyingly I can't get a couple of Easter Eggs and map completion because those were one time chances (thanks game...) but I absolutely loved playing the game through so I don't care if I'm missing a couple of trophies. Weirdly, the final extra boss felt easier compared to a couple before it, who were much harder.
All round one of the best Metroidvania games I've played.

Nice, got this one in my backlog so will have to check it out.

I just finished Hue, an enjoyable little ~4 hour puzzle platformer, definitely recommended.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
is the loading setting set to normal or fast? i know this causes some issues with the FF games on vita sometimes if they're set to fast

I checked and loading was set to normal

Tried to play some more and the issue persisted, then the game crashed

I deleted the game and I'm re downloading it now. It's so annoying, my Vita games work fine, but suddenly all my PS1 games crash, freeze and generally don't work at all anymore

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, got this one in my backlog so will have to check it out.

I just finished Hue, an enjoyable little ~4 hour puzzle platformer, definitely recommended.
Its just a pity it has one (thankfully avoidable) crash that happened frequently to me for a time. But otherwise I strongly recommend it. Definitely one that you'll die a fair few times in later in the game, but I always found myself learning so I got there, eventually!

And yeah, Hue is a great little game. I only had one issue with it with one puzzle - where it seemed impossible, but there was something just off screen that you needed to use. I forget how it worked exactly, but basically the more limited screen space on the Vita made the puzzle seem harder than it was. Otherwise it was a fun little game.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I checked and loading was set to normal

Tried to play some more and the issue persisted, then the game crashed

I deleted the game and I'm re downloading it now. It's so annoying, my Vita games work fine, but suddenly all my PS1 games crash, freeze and generally don't work at all anymore

I had this after a patch a while ago - all the PS1 games on my memory card had random stuttering. Redownloading them fixed the issues for me.

Oct 25, 2017
i didn't anywhere else to ask so sorry for an unrelated question.

did anyone here imported from NISA Store recently? when i got my ys VIII vita CE they declared a lower value on my parcel which helped immensely on the customs process, but i contacted them recently about this and they replied "Please note that we are unable to lower the declared value of any orders any further.".

I admit i didn't understand the sentence very well (whether they can't this anymore or they can't declare a lower value than they already do) and when i asked they didn't clarify for me. What i wanted to know is if they still declare lower values on parcels.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I had this after a patch a while ago - all the PS1 games on my memory card had random stuttering. Redownloading them fixed the issues for me.

Thanks, I redownloaded the game so hopefully it won't crash or stutter anymore

I googled it and apparently the FFVIII issue is because it maps L2/R2 to the rear touchpad, and when one of those is pressed it stops the other inputs from registering, so I've disabled those and hopefully that has resolved the issue

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is there a CFW hack for the MGS collection that turns off back touchscreen support? I really want to play thru MGS3 but man every time i breathe on the back of the vita snake goes ballistic with his knife.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just gonna import Blue Winged Chevalier I think. After having played Demon Gaze 1 & 2 and Operation Abyss/Babel, I'm fairly confident I'll be able to manage it.

Looks good too - like a cross between the two oddly.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Idea Factory permanently reduced the price of a few of their Vita titles on PSN to £8.99. It's the lowest price to date for Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms, too, which only came out last year.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Few new things up on my site - article about all the simulation games available on Vita:

Then a few reviews - Gravity Rush (still adore it, charming open-world superhero adventure):

Hue (enjoyable narrative 2D platformer):

Madoka Magica: Battle Pentagram import review (enjoyable but repetitive brawler):

Hotel Mogul PSP (fun little time waster but crashed a lot):

And Miracle Space Race PS1 (poor quality kart racer):

Last edited:

RadicalR

Oct 27, 2017
Few new things up on my site - article about all the simulation games available on Vita:

Then a few reviews - Gravity Rush (still adore it, charming open-world superhero adventure):

Hue (enjoyable narrative 2D platformer):

Madoka Magica: Battle Pentagram import review (enjoyable but repetitive brawler):

Hotel Mogul PSP (fun little time waster but crashed a lot):

And Miracle Space Race PS1 (poor quality kart racer):

Heh, I hope when I eventually finish the Yuusha translation, you'll still be around to review that.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
I've had a PCH-1000 since launch and the battery is finally giving up on me. Anyone know how easy it is to replace them. Had a look at some videos and does seem quite easy but fiddly.
The battery itself looks cheap to purchase, around £10 from Amazon.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I've had a PCH-1000 since launch and the battery is finally giving up on me. Anyone know how easy it is to replace them. Had a look at some videos and does seem quite easy but fiddly.
The battery itself looks cheap to purchase, around £10 from Amazon.

Very easy, I just followed a youtube video (can't remember which one but there's a lot out there). It's worth it, my OLED had the battery failing for quite a while too, but now it's great - keeps charge as long as my LCD

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Got a few new pieces of stuff up on my site - article about 10 Vita Software Missed Opportunities:

And a nice hodge-podge of reviews - Krinkle Krusher (odd touch-based tower-defence game that gets boring quickly):

Neon Junctions (enjoyable first-person puzzler that's a bit short):

OlliOlli (not my cup of tea at all and I really wanted to like it):

And Pocket MuuMuu (PS1 import in a series I love - Jumping Flash - that's sadly an absolute boring mess of a spin-off):

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Cool stuff Kresnik, I'll have to give those a read when I get a spare 5 minutes. I loved Olli Olli though, something just clicked with me in that game and I ended up loving it.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Cool stuff Kresnik, I'll have to give those a read when I get a spare 5 minutes. I loved Olli Olli though, something just clicked with me in that game and I ended up loving it.

Yeah, the majority of responses I've gotten have been that they loved the game - although I did find one other reader of my blog who had the same opinion as me at least!

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, the majority of responses I've gotten have been that they loved the game - although I did find one other reader of my blog who had the same opinion as me at least!
Its controls didn't click with me either. I should give it another go though.

How do you have time to play and review and write so much though? Your output is impressive.