• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Its controls didn't click with me either. I should give it another go though.

How do you have time to play and review and write so much though? Your output is impressive.

Hey, now there's three of us! \o

And thanks! I still really love gaming, so just try and blast through what I can - June was actually my quietest month of the year so far.

It helps that lately I've stopped trying to play to completion every game (sometimes I was just pushing forward despite not enjoying it at all) and I do most of my writing when in the gym!

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Man, when I reviewed Destruction Derby a while ago I was bemoaning the lack of similar smaller-scale car combat games, then the guy who made Twin Robots (which I didn't really like) revealed he's making a Destruction Derby-esque game, targeting Vita.

Cautiously interested.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Very easy, I just followed a youtube video (can't remember which one but there's a lot out there). It's worth it, my OLED had the battery failing for quite a while too, but now it's great - keeps charge as long as my LCD

It was much easier to replace the battery than I expected, maybe twenty minutes to do.
The only fiddly part was connecting the battery cable to the board. In the end, I practiced with the older (removed) battery cable and then was able to do it. Have just put the Vita on charge fingers crossed it is an improvement. All in cost me about £15.

Here is the kit and the Vita opened up and the older battery removed.

Feeling chuffed that I was able to do this, was rather hesitant and even queried with some local electrical repair stores for quotes on doing the work, but pleased I decided to venture and try it myself.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Kmdh7Xr.jpg

Got a second Vita not too long ago as a backup for the OLED unit I've had since 2013. Looks really nice in blue.

Oct 26, 2017
I've had a PCH-1000 since launch and the battery is finally giving up on me. Anyone know how easy it is to replace them. Had a look at some videos and does seem quite easy but fiddly.
The battery itself looks cheap to purchase, around £10 from Amazon.
Very easy, I just followed a youtube video (can't remember which one but there's a lot out there). It's worth it, my OLED had the battery failing for quite a while too, but now it's great - keeps charge as long as my LCD
OK great, thanks for the response. Have ordered the battery, should be here by the middle of the week :)
It was much easier to replace the battery than I expected, maybe twenty minutes to do.
The only fiddly part was connecting the battery cable to the board. In the end, I practiced with the older (removed) battery cable and then was able to do it. Have just put the Vita on charge fingers crossed it is an improvement. All in cost me about £15.

Here is the kit and the Vita opened up and the older battery removed.

Feeling chuffed that I was able to do this, was rather hesitant and even queried with some local electrical repair stores for quotes on doing the work, but pleased I decided to venture and try it myself.

I literally just got off the phone with SCEA customer support to setup a repair for my OLED Vita that has a dying battery. It costs $85 after my local taxes. That's pretty expensive, but I went ahead anyway since I'd really like my OLED unit to last for years to come.

I have a new JP 2000 model I bought from Amazon Japan last summer. I'd love to put it back into it's package keep it clean for future use. I'm honestly surprised that SCEA was still doing repairs on Vitas. I'm sure that'll be cancelled soon in the future as well.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
I literally just got off the phone with SCEA customer support to setup a repair for my OLED Vita that has a dying battery. It costs $85 after my local taxes. That's pretty expensive, but I went ahead anyway since I'd really like my OLED unit to last for years to come.

I have a new JP 2000 model I bought from Amazon Japan last summer. I'd love to put it back into it's package keep it clean for future use. I'm honestly surprised that SCEA was still doing repairs on Vitas. I'm sure that'll be cancelled soon in the future as well.

Good luck, hope they can resolve the issue with the replacement and it doesn't take long for them to do :)
Assume you need to post of the hardware for them repair it :)

I almost did the same (get someone else to do the replacement) but thought I'd give it a go myself and glad I did.

Oct 26, 2017
Good luck, hope they can resolve the issue with the replacement and it doesn't take long for them to do :)
Assume you need to post of the hardware for them repair it :)

I almost did the same (get someone else to do the replacement) but thought I'd give it a go myself and glad I did.

Yeah, SCEA sends you a shipping box and mine is already on the way. I'll report back to the thread when I receive my Vita back from SCEA.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
I've been playing Oreshika for a month or so. Started on the hardest difficulty, but after I got the third instrument it became kinda frustrating. I was destroying regular enemies in the "easier" dungeons, but I got my ass kicked whenever I tried the harder ones and the bosses were destroying me. Changed the difficulty to dedicated, but it changed nothing.

In the end, I changed it to fortunate and it's so much better. Now I don't have to worry about reloading the save data from two months ago because I got a child with some serious shit stats. Now it actually feels like each new generation gets better than the last one.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Some of my recent Vita stuff (been a while since I posted here)

Article about Felistella, devs of the Neptunia Rebirth games among others

Review of Ratchet & Clank 2 (I never played this on PS2 and now I regret that because it's a stunning game)

Review of Bit Trip Runner 2 (loved it, and wasn't expecting much going in)

Review of Resistance Burning Skies (better than a lot of sites give it credit for, although still a bit lacking)

Review of Bouncy Bullets (decent, but slippery controls let it down)

Review of Cursed Castilla (not my cup of tea)

And review of Squareboy vs Bullies (trash)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped getting those Mecho games because I played one, and it was awful.

Awesome stuff Kresnik . I loved Cursed Castilla though, I've played it tons on both PS4 and Vita, managed to plat the PS4 version, just one trophy away on the Vita version!

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I'm torn on Mecho Wars and War Theatre. I enjoyed War Theatre, just dunno whether I want to pay $70 for physical copies of both...

Awesome stuff Kresnik . I loved Cursed Castilla though, I've played it tons on both PS4 and Vita, managed to plat the PS4 version, just one trophy away on the Vita version!

A lot of people seemed to love it, got many comments to that effect since my review. Can definitely see why people would enjoy them, just not my cup of tea!

(Also, helped me selling my physical copy since they were such popular games).

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017

I disliked Mecho Wars too. The movement felt sluggish and way too floaty.

Even though I got it for free thanks to a giveaway, I somehow ended disappointed lol.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Bits of new content up on my site:

Article about all the action-RPG's on Vita:

Review of Airship Q (not very good):

Review of Hexyz Force (PSP, decent JRPG):

Review of Mega Man Legends (PS1, felt very conflicted about this game, loved the world but the gameplay was irritating):

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
You guys have any suggestions for emulators? I was hoping to finish snatcher on my vita rather than my PSP and some other older snes titles. I'd love some suggestions or a link to a guide for emulation on the vita.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Just two things this week - my article is about 10 games which are best on Vita:

And a review of Antiquia Lost, which shockingly I did not enjoy very much :P

Glad to see Tearaway on the "best on Vita" list. I played it on PS4 after I finished it on the Vita and weirdly I didn't enjoy it. No idea why, I love it on Vita, but I guess I didn't really take to the changed levels etc.
Not sure I agree with SFxT though. I mean, its an incredible port no doubt and retains all the characters but performance wise its not a solid 60FPS like the PS3 version is, so I'd say consoles still have the upper hand here (plus better online play - via Ethernet, arcade stick support puts PS3/360 versions ahead of the Vita version).

Virtua Tennis is amazing on the Vita as well, still blows my mind how good that port is.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Vasara Collection is out now for only $7.99 in the US, which contains conversions of two arcade shoot-em-up games. Has anyone here tried it yet? I've never played (or even seen) the original arcade games, but I could always use a good shoot-em-up (or two) to pass the time.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here played Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk? If so, what did you think?

I loved the game. Definitely much better than BB. Better characters too. The main heroine is one of the best.

It's structured differently from BB. No shooting mini-game and the short stories are integrated much better. One thing that seems to bother some people is that you'll often have to have short conversations with a bunch of NPCs in order to progress. I didn't really mind it that much.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved the game. Definitely much better than BB. Better characters too. The main heroine is one of the best.

It's structured differently from BB. No shooting mini-game and the short stories are integrated much better. One thing that seems to bother some people is that you'll often have to have short conversations with a bunch of NPCs in order to progress. I didn't really mind it that much.
Wow, impressions are all over the place! Well if you liked it a lot maybe I will enjoy it.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I did it.

I read every page of this thread lol.

I did have a question. I'm looking to try out VN's as I've never dipped my toes.

What is everyone's top 10 VN on vita?