• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
This thread jolted back to life. How lovely!

Been out of the Vita loop for a month or so due to personal stuff but getting back into it now. Just finished God of War: Ghost of Sparta and making progress on Metal Gear Solid 3

How is Metal Gear on the Vita? Is it running well enough for you? I havent played the earlier games in the series and want to know if the Vita is a good place to play them.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
It's funny, I bought a Vita mostly to replay MGS 2 & 3, but I've yet to play them. I bought them, just haven't played them yet.

I picked up Bastion sealed a couple days ago from my local store. I tried it on my phone years ago but the touchscreen controls didn't work for me, looking forward to trying it out with physical controls, and on a larger screen.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
Played both 2 and 3 and they both ran absolutely fine for me. I'd say Vita is a very good place to buy them!

They're great ports.

Thank you, I'll give them a go. Looking forward to experiencing them!

It's funny, I bought a Vita mostly to replay MGS 2 & 3, but I've yet to play them. I bought them, just haven't played them yet.

I picked up Bastion sealed a couple days ago from my local store. I tried it on my phone years ago but the touchscreen controls didn't work for me, looking forward to trying it out with physical controls, and on a larger screen.

Bastion is great on the Vita. I played through it twice to see both endings. Amazing soundtrack as with all Supergiant games.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Was busy most of the day, so didn't get to open any packages until earlier.

Last one for the week!
BcoWAJP.jpg

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take one of each. What shipping option do people go with to avoid getting hit by customs? I vaguely remember using one of the cheaper ones.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
One of the VN's you guys recommended was the utawarerumono series.

So from what I can see the 2nd and 3rd on the franchise is on vita so far in the west? But the first is coming in the beginning of next year?

Are the games stand alone or is it a continuing story?

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019

So from what I can see the 2nd and 3rd on the franchise is on vita so far in the west? But the first is coming in the beginning of next year?

One and two are pretty standalone, and three loops them back together. You could read two now while you wait for one but you'd have to read them both before three.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Watch the anime adaptation for the first game or wait until the remake is released early next year.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
One and two are pretty standalone, and three loops them back together. You could read two now while you wait for one but you'd have to read them both before three.
Watch the anime adaptation for the first game or wait until the remake is released early next year.
Hmmm. I see the 2nd and 3rd are on sale right now on PSN. I'm thinking maybe I should just grab them now even if I plan on waiting for the first to come out. Seems like sales on vita games are less and less often so might not be worth the risk of waiting it out.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Nice! Just like that the danganronpa games are on sale.

Grabbed the first two.

Now I've got a nice little collection of VN games to try out. 😊

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Finally grabbed V3 on this sale. Been waiting for a -50% for a while, but they kept throwing those -40%, the rascals.
(I had 22 USD sitting on my wallet, so -40% wasn't enough).

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Kresnik been making my way through your vita articles and reviews! Good stuff.

Any plans for more future articles?

Hey, thanks for reading man!

Yeah, tonnes of new ideas for articles, gonna keep doing my developer and genre pieces then got a few more top 10 lists (best dlc, best exclusives etc) to do then gonna round things up with a run down of my favourite Vita games ever at the end of the year (that I'll keep updating as I play new games).

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Hey, thanks for reading man!

Yeah, tonnes of new ideas for articles, gonna keep doing my developer and genre pieces then got a few more top 10 lists (best dlc, best exclusives etc) to do then gonna round things up with a run down of my favourite Vita games ever at the end of the year (that I'll keep updating as I play new games).
Awesome, keep it up!

A top 10 horror games list would be pretty cool to read 👀

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of, few things since I last posted - article all about Gust's games on Vita:

Review of DanganRonpa 2 (amazing game):

Review of God of War: Ghost of Sparta (amazing game):

Review of Metal Gear Solid 3 (amazing game):

Been having a good time lately haha

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Was finally able to get Under Night on sale, and significantly cheap too. I honestly never thought I'd see the day.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Got this for about $25

EFUFzz0WwAEYqjR.jpg

And to the backlog it goes.

I just finished Tha House in Fata Morgana and I'm probably gonna play Odin Sphere Next.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I played Demon Gaze in 2015 and it was one of my favorite games of that year in general, let alone from the Vita's lineup. I like that it was way more approachable than other Wizardry clones.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017

Nice review :p

I think I'm going back to this for the platinum. I only did one playthrough, went for no kill but saw a ghost when fighting The End (I think?). Was really sad at the time x)

I played Demon Gaze in 2015 and it was one of my favorite games of that year in general, let alone from the Vita's lineup. I like that it was way more approachable than other Wizardry clones.

Yea, me too. I then tried Stranger of sword city but I found it way more difficult. I should try Demon Gaze 2 someday.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Nice review :p

I think I'm going back to this for the platinum. I only did one playthrough, went for no kill but saw a ghost when fighting The End (I think?). Was really sad at the time x)

Haha, the exact same thing happened to me - was going for a no kill run, but then saw some ghosts in The Sorrow boss fight and didn't hold back after that.

Don't quite know how you do the Shagohod escape bit though.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
As I've been saying in that other thread, those Spanish and French numbers are wrong so not sure how much I trust any of that data (other than Japan/America).

With that said, yeah... Bleak

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Some new Vita stuff wot I've done:

Horror games available on Vita

Review of Cool Boarders PS1 (dated but sorta fun)

Review of Deathmatch Village (pointless F2P 2D shooter)

Review of DISTRAINT (surprisingly decent short pixel horror)

And a review of Final Horizon (hidden Vita gem imo, very enjoyable tower defence game)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got round to giving Darkstalkers (the PSP one) a try on the Vita. Ok, its been a while since I played the PSP version, but from my memories, this is way better controls wise. Doesn't feel anywhere near as stiff and difficult to pull off moves, quite the opposite. Just need to see if I can figure out a way of using 3PPP and 3KKK attacks more effectively. I miss fighting games getting Vita ports, it was such an awesome time for the genre.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I vastly prefer physical over digital, I vastly prefer Vita over pretty much anything else. I'll go with the Vita version, too, because it pretty much guarantees that I'll play through the game completely. Really loved Death Mark.