• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 125 28.3%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.2%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely getting the Vita version (even if I was tempted to order the Switch physical version) I'm just hoping there's no shenanigans like it not being released on my PSN like AI wasn't recently :/.

Is Death Mark available in your country?

Even though I vastly prefer physical over digital, I vastly prefer Vita over pretty much anything else. I'll go with the Vita version, too, because it pretty much guarantees that I'll play through the game completely. Really loved Death Mark.

I'm going with a PS4 copy mainly because I played Death Mark on my PS4 last year, and I only did that because it was the complete version with the bonus chapter.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Some new Vita stuff wot I've done:

Horror games available on Vita

Review of Cool Boarders PS1 (dated but sorta fun)

Review of Deathmatch Village (pointless F2P 2D shooter)

Review of DISTRAINT (surprisingly decent short pixel horror)

And a review of Final Horizon (hidden Vita gem imo, very enjoyable tower defence game)

Awesome stuff man!

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Took me just over two years, but I finally got the platinum in New Danganrompa V3. Just gutted out like the last 25 characters in Ultimate Talent Development Plan. Have the platinum for every game in the series, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Gonna try to get the rest of the endings in Muv-Luv Unlimited, then go back to Fata Morgana. Got through the first three or four chapters of FM when I got the LRG release, but it didn't capture me at all. I hope to enjoy it a bit more this time.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I think I'm almost done with the
Fifth Door
in Fata Morgana, and I'm really touched by this game. I wasn't wild about the first few parts, and I put the game down and walked away for a while, but after the Jacopo part, it just turns into something else and it's kinda fucking me up. I've been going to bed every night on the verge of a breakdown, just filled to the brim with existential dread. Life is wearing me down a bit. This game probably isn't helping. But goddamn, it's pretty amazing right now. Objectively.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Gonna copy/paste my thoughts on Fata Morgana:

I finished this like a month ago, but I didn't have the energy to post mi impressions/opinion on the game, so I'm gonna make it quick.

I LOVED the base game. The art is gorgeous, the music is good for the most part (with a special mention of third door's music), the story and the characters are gripping and I really liked how many mysteries and twists it has.

It got me hooked since the first door. I liked how each door has its own separate story (up until the 5th door, I believe???) that are (apparently) unrelated at all.

I do feel like it could have been a bit shorter, sometimes it feels like they overexplain stuff that is pretty obvious, but that isn't mich of a problem to me.

As I already said
I hated the way they went with Totopo and Morgana's relationship. Lile, What in the actual hell?!?!?!

About Requiem, I hated it. The main grip I had with the main story was how sometimes it went on long overexplanations, and I feel like Requiem is that times 10. It should have been so much shorter
and, well, we get to see more of our favorite pedo

I think the only good stuff I got from requiem was the short bit of
Michel and Giselle

As for Reincarnation, I think it's good, but the thing loses a lot of charm with that change of artstyle.
I enjoyed Michel, Giselle, Mell, Nellie and Maria's part. Thought Yukimasa and Pauline's part was meh (and what the fuck, there's something wrong with Pauline) and... Well, I got to see Pedopo 2.0. I skipped a good chunk of this part.
. I don't think there was anything worth mentioning anout the music of Reincarnation. It isn't good or bad, it's just there.

Oh, and I also just platinumed Odin Sphere. The game is gorgeous, the gameplay is fun, but I have the same grip I've had with other Vanillaware games: the map variety is terrible. Especially so in Odin Sphere's case. You spend like 25+ hours in the same 5/6 environments and boss variety isn't good either.

The story didn't give me much hope for 13 Sentinels either. I don't trust Vanillaware to make a game that's all story and no gameplay at all.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Is Vita collecting really reaching the point where becoming harder to find a lot of things?

I suppose it just hasn't hit me in the same way it might others. I know LRG vita stuff was going fast, but I didn't think newer collectors were getting into the scene. I knew vita collecting would get expensive eventually, but I didn't think it would pick up for at least two years. Have you guys noticed a higher demand across the board lately?

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Is Vita collecting really reaching the point where becoming harder to find a lot of things?

I suppose it just hasn't hit me in the same way it might others. I know LRG vita stuff was going fast, but I didn't think newer collectors were getting into the scene. I knew vita collecting would get expensive eventually, but I didn't think it would pick up for at least two years. Have you guys noticed a higher demand across the board lately?

I've looked for a couple games that I skipped originally, because I didn't think it would be too difficult to pick them up down the road. What I've noticed is, games may not be selling for a lot, but that isn't stopping people from listing games at higher prices than I would've expected.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA

Not really? At least not yet, I think.

Most of the games I've yet to pick up haven't gone up much in price or gotten super hard to find (Stranger in Sword City, Shiren the Wanderer, some LRG stuff. Hell, even Shakedown Hawaii isn't as grossly expensive as I thought it'd be). Many Vita games are $19.99 and below on Gamestop. The only ones $30+ are Muv-Luv and a few of NISA's releases. And the one decent mom & pop game store that still bothers to sell Vita stuff hasn't raised any of their prices (or sold anything, since most of the games that were there months ago are still collecting dust).

...Buuuuut that's just with games. Actual Vita consoles do seem to be getting pretty hard to find outside of eBay these days.

This also reminds me that I should grab another memory card before they get even more expensive than they already are.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
My most recent acquisitions:

gszeKnN.jpg

These are games #198 to #201. Never thought I would hit 200 hundred physical games. Its by far my largest physical collection, with my second largest being PS3 at just over 100 games.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I thought people here might appreciate this, I have a OLED Vita since launch but now got this lovely 2000 model from Japan:

EHZkUuYXkAIcIax.jpg:large

I love its look and ergonomics so much more than my black OLED model although I find Sony did one tiny blemish with the design. The power and notification light should still have been inside the Home button and not on the top but oh well. Aside from that this particular model sadly has a pretty warm and yellow tinted screen, it doesn't harm my enjoyment of playing games on it but compared to my slightly degraded OLED it's still super noticeable. I wish I could put a higher-quality panel in the 2000 but overall I'm happy with my purchase! :D

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
What are some games with good trophy lists on Vita? I feel like a ton of indie games expect you to play them like 5 times to get the platinum, which is pretty annoying to me.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Vita Era, should I play Trails of Cold Steel or Final Fantasy X? My last five games 100%'d are Fata Morgana, Muv-Luv (Extra/Unlimited), Danganronpa V3, CHAOS;CHILD, and Cosmic Star Heroine. I'd kinda like a break from visual novels for a bit. I'm also interested in that Reverie game, and I see that Play-Asia has a physical version, but it's $23 more than digital. Not sure where to go from here. Any random suggestions?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Vita Era, should I play Trails of Cold Steel or Final Fantasy X? My last five games 100%'d are Fata Morgana, Muv-Luv (Extra/Unlimited), Danganronpa V3, CHAOS;CHILD, and Cosmic Star Heroine. I'd kinda like a break from visual novels for a bit. I'm also interested in that Reverie game, and I see that Play-Asia has a physical version, but it's $23 more than digital. Not sure where to go from here. Any random suggestions?

Trails of Cold Steel.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I went with Taiko no Tatsujin V Version because I was really in the mood for a music game. I got it when it came out (which I guess is already four years ago?! What?!), but really hit a wall and took a break. A long break. I had about 20% of the trophies. I am now one Oni song away from the platinum. I honestly never thought I'd be this close. I love music games, but the insane high difficulties have never been kind to me. Somehow, I've persevered through 24 Oni songs, and just need to find that last one. Last night I thought I'd reached me limit. I was at like 17 songs and I couldn't find any others that I was even close to finishing successfully. I took a break from the game, slept on it, spent the morning and early afternoon working and not thinking about it too much. I just took about half an hour and knocked out seven more songs. Phew. Really wired and doubt I'll be able to bear down for that last song right now, so gonna try to finish it this evening. What a rush! Such an incredible game. I will be quite pleased to add this to my completed trophy list!

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I did it. Definitely one of the platinum trophies I'm most proud of. Getting closer and closer to platinum 100.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
I finished Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited last friday. It's such an amazing game, but it can get frustrating at times. Some boss fights are just bullshit, but most of them feel like a fair/tough and rewarding challenge.

I did a couple of post game stuff, but I'm gonna leave the rest for another time.

How's Disgaea 3 compared to this one (gameplay, challenge, characters and story)???

And in a completely unrelated note, how's the Psycho Pass game???

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I finished Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited last friday. It's such an amazing game, but it can get frustrating at times. Some boss fights are just bullshit, but most of them feel like a fair/tough and rewarding challenge.

I did a couple of post game stuff, but I'm gonna leave the rest for another time.

How's Disgaea 3 compared to this one (gameplay, challenge, characters and story)???

And in a completely unrelated note, how's the Psycho Pass game???

Looks like garbage on Vita. Even the font is blurry. The localization is also horrendous to the point that stuff that only happens in route A magically gets brought up in route B. More than once.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like it's a good while since I shared any of my stuff here, might as well.

Article about all the best DLC on Vita (in my opinion)

A Winter's Daydream review (charming VN with more depth than I expected)

Asterisk War: Phoenix Festa review (valiant attempt at a tie in that's just a bit to repetitive)

Atelier Meruru Plus review (my favourite Vita Atelier game)

Bastion review (still-great ARPG on Vita)

Chaos Rings review (playable in English and a decent JRPG, although you can tell the mobile roots)

Croixleur Sigma review (repetitive arena brawler)

Night Trap review (so I really quite liked the game but it's quite literally broken beyond belief on Vita)

Period Cube review (average otome VN)

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
In other news, I've started selling quite a lot of my Vita collection. I'm keeping all the games I love, but I've had a lot of upheaval IRL recently and it made me realise that I was collecting a lot of stuff just for the sake of collecting and many of the titles I was holding on to I'm likely never going to return to.

Sold about 15 so far and got another 10 or so listed on eBay, plus my spare Vita and spare PSTV sold. Feels good tbh. I was never a full set collector but it'll be nice to just have a collection of the essentials.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
In other news, I've started selling quite a lot of my Vita collection. I'm keeping all the games I love, but I've had a lot of upheaval IRL recently and it made me realise that I was collecting a lot of stuff just for the sake of collecting and many of the titles I was holding on to I'm likely never going to return to.

Sold about 15 so far and got another 10 or so listed on eBay, plus my spare Vita and spare PSTV sold. Feels good tbh. I was never a full set collector but it'll be nice to just have a collection of the essentials.

You should post your eBay listing here or PM me ;)

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Been selling a few Vita games myself, specially a lot of the limited print ones that I didn't really want in the first place. Hope you get to sell all those games!

Christian

Oct 25, 2017

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Been selling a few Vita games myself, specially a lot of the limited print ones that I didn't really want in the first place. Hope you get to sell all those games!

Sounds like you're the same as me then? Got swept up in the excitement/rush of all the limited releases but then reevaluated a lot of them? It's a nice feeling to let go on the desire to keep them actually.

I'm very grateful for plenty of the ones we did get, Octodad/Oddworld/Ray Gigant etc, but I suspect a lot of my collection will be shifting over the next few months.

I'd definitely be interested in your copy of Reverie, but you're asking significantly more used than Play-Asia is selling it for new right now. :P

Ha! I actually did my pricing based on other ebay listing, will get that fixed over the weekend then. Although with the best offer price it's probably about the same as PA >.<

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like you're the same as me then? Got swept up in the excitement/rush of all the limited releases but then reevaluated a lot of them? It's a nice feeling to let go on the desire to keep them actually.

I'm very grateful for plenty of the ones we did get, Octodad/Oddworld/Ray Gigant etc, but I suspect a lot of my collection will be shifting over the next few months.

Same situation, yup. Everytime I look back at my collection, I take another game or two to sell on the internet.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if there's a Black Friday/Holiday Vita sale on-going as it doesn't show any Vita games specifically when I check the PS Store from the app, but some games have decent sales on-going. Root Double is nearly half-off at $24, and I don't know if I've ever seen that on sale before. It's well worth it. Mary Skelter is back to $3, as well, and the Romancing SaGa games are both discounted. I'm at work so I can't search more at the moment, but if anyone finds a list or wants to put something together, that'd be groovy.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if there's a Black Friday/Holiday Vita sale on-going as it doesn't show any Vita games specifically when I check the PS Store from the app, but some games have decent sales on-going. Root Double is nearly half-off at $24, and I don't know if I've ever seen that on sale before. It's well worth it. Mary Skelter is back to $3, as well, and the Romancing SaGa games are both discounted. I'm at work so I can't search more at the moment, but if anyone finds a list or wants to put something together, that'd be groovy.

You can check the discounts here:

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Just finished Death Mark. Really liked it. The atmosphere, the plot and its gameplay mechanics make it a pretty unique game. I wish it didn't have those crappy fanservice images, though. They're completely unnecesary and feel way too out of place.

For anyone who has played NG, how is it???

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
A couple months ago I finally got a memory card and when I installed it Vita forced me to move my saves from internal memory to the card (2000 model). Now when I try to boot Ys Memories of Celceta it says there isn't save data even though I see it via the content manager. Is this expected?

I'm way lttp on Vita. Any suggestions? I haven't noticed this issue on other games.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So giving Iconoclasts a try on the Vita. Really happ that the game seems buttery smooth (some of these ports have been somewhat lackluster. Only real issue I have with the game is the terrible dialogue (both the writing and sheer amount of dialogue). Thankfully that's skippable though. Movement is nice and boss fights have been great so far. Looking forward to Shovel Knight tomorrow!

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
A couple months ago I finally got a memory card and when I installed it Vita forced me to move my saves from internal memory to the card (2000 model). Now when I try to boot Ys Memories of Celceta it says there isn't save data even though I see it via the content manager. Is this expected?

I'm way lttp on Vita. Any suggestions? I haven't noticed this issue on other games.

Is this the same version of the game? ie, not different regions?