• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Was about to load some PSX/PSP games i haven´t yet played to my Vita. Load up the PS Store, open Download List, error.
OK, search for Breath of Fire 3, hit download, error.
Ugh, OK, hook up PS3, download BOF3 there, hit Copy to Vita, error.
Apparently i need to disable 2FA, OK, try again, new error.

Is this just me or did Sony kill off the entire Vita store/license server?

Here´s all the errors i´ve managed to see now for search purposes:
NP-2245-3
C0-9422-7
NP-9968-2
C0-11019-2
E-80558309

Last edited:

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
My vita was having a weird error when I tried using the other day, I waited a day, restarted, and it seemed to resolve itself. Happened if I tried to do anything related to PSN.

OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
My vita was having a weird error when I tried using the other day, I waited a day, restarted, and it seemed to resolve itself. Happened if I tried to do anything related to PSN.

everything else seems to work fine for me, can see friendslist, can browse the store just fine. But trying to buy anything or accessing the download list or any attempts to copy games from the PS3 causes a variety of errors :/

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I thought I'd check just to verify that this is a one-off thing on your end, but distressingly I am also getting the same error when entering the Download List. I am mildly distressed by this, really hope it's just temporary.

ignata

Dec 26, 2017
Denver

Similar situation a few nights ago, was trying to download some stuff on the Vita and was having an issue where after some time it would tell me it couldn't download the title, but that resolved itself. I had more trouble with the titles I downloaded from their store page rather than the download list.

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
It would be highly illegal if they did this, so let's just hope it resolves itself soon. Otherwise I would definitely be part of a class-action lawsuit when it arrives.

Also everyone should check this website and do it ASAP! I did it a month ago, so hopefully it still works.

delistedgames.com

Save your PlayStation download history, before you can’t [UPDATE: You Can’t]

[UPDATED 12/21/20] Surprise! The Australian and European PlayStation Store websites came back online around December 17th. I’ve seen no official explanation as to why they were down or any in…

Sidenote: I've only posted about it now, because I didn't want it to get widespread attention and be disabled by Sony. It's not my article, I just awesomely stumbled across it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I'd check just to verify that this is a one-off thing on your end, but distressingly I am also getting the same error when entering the Download List. I am mildly distressed by this, really hope it's just temporary.

Yeah i´m abit stressed that they would kill off the entire server :/ i mean i sort of understand the ps-store website being cut off but i would hope we will still be able to download bought games on the Vita

Hopefully it´s just maintenance or something...

Thanks for confirming that i´m not the only one, already thought my account or memory card might be corrupt or something.

Oct 25, 2017
I had a similar issue earlier this year. Everything else worked fine but I couldn't download any games.
I can't remember if it was an issue with my router/internet settings (maybe it couldn't download over 5GHz) or if it resolved itself

OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I had a similar issue earlier this year. Everything else worked fine but I couldn't download any games.
I can't remember if it was an issue with my router/internet settings (maybe it couldn't download over 5GHz) or if it resolved itself

Vita can´t use 5Ghz in any case so gotta go slowpoke :P can´t remember this happening before with the Download List which has me worried

Neophy

Dec 6, 2018
Well, I've recently re downloaded all my digital games from the store (bought and got from ps+) and had no problems at all, however, that's why I installed a custom firmware and bought an sd2vita (my ps vita 8gb memory card died a few days ago) and download everything I have there to avoid such a problem in the future, I'm just missing doing a backup on pc just in case. Btw, is amazing to be able to download all my games and have them available at all times, the only downside is that I have to remove the sd2vita in order to play the few physical games I have.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having similar problems (NP-2245-3 error), I can search the store, but I cannot download anything.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Oh damn, going to go check. This would absolutely suck big time. :( I backed up my Vita but only have about 1/2 my library on the 64GB card, really need to get that microSD hack going.

Oct 25, 2017
I looked up my search history and the error I was getting then was Error NP-2239-6

I just checked my Vita and now i'm getting error NP 2245-3

That makes four of us experiencing errors so maybe it is on Sony's end

OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
let´s toss some private messages to Ask Playstation on twitter if you can´t download it, maybe they´ll respond.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Checking the Vita reddit, looks like everyone is getting this. I'll check mine and my PSTV once I'm home. Hopefully it's just PSN being screwy.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I highly recommend when this gets fixed downloading all your games and making backups of them on your pc. You can use qcma to bypass needing to be online to transfer over your games.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
It would be highly illegal if they did this, so let's just hope it resolves itself soon. Otherwise I would definitely be part of a class-action lawsuit when it arrives.

Also everyone should check this website and do it ASAP! I did it a month ago, so hopefully it still works.

delistedgames.com

[UPDATED 12/21/20] Surprise! The Australian and European PlayStation Store websites came back online around December 17th. I’ve seen no official explanation as to why they were down or any in…

Sidenote: I've only posted about it now, because I didn't want it to get widespread attention and be disabled by Sony. It's not my article, I just awesomely stumbled across it.
Unless I'm doing something wrong, PSDLE only works on the new library view now? So it's only showing PS4 content for me.

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I'm doing something wrong, PSDLE only works on the new library view now? So it's only showing PS4 content for me.

Dunno. Make sure you use the link in the article to connect to the old store. Sony may have changed it by now, so I don't know.

This is US store link: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/home/games?PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

I do know that when they said the PSDLE icon would be in the lower right, but my icon was in the URL bar.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Dunno. Make sure you use the link in the article to connect to the old store. Sony may have changed it by now, so I don't know.

This is US store link: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/home/games?PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

I do know that when they said the PSDLE icon would be in the lower right, but my icon was in the URL bar.
I figured it out. Clicked on the wrong link in the article. Still working in NA for now.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Everyone is reporting this at the moment. No word from sony so all we can do is keep trying, messaging support and wait.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
The Vita is probably due for a firmware update to take account of recent store changes, it's been over a year since 3.73 came out (October 16, 2019).

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

delistedgames.com

What is this for exactly?

baberunisei

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People who love their Vitas need to install Custom Firmware as soon as possible, if they haven't already. If they rely on Sony for preserving the console's history, they will be very disappointed. The ability to play backups and use common sd cards is very important if you want to play your games in the years to come

Allen Poe

Oct 28, 2017
N.O. to Las Vegas
People who love their Vitas need to install Custom Firmware as soon as possible, if they haven't already. If they rely on Sony for preserving the console's history, they will be very disappointed. The ability to play backups and use common sd cards is very important if you want to play your games in the years to come

Isn't it impossible to make any changes to your system if you've update past a certain firmware? Or is that old news? I haven't been keeping up with the Vita scene recently, but the last thing I remember was if you were on a certain firmware or beyond you were SOL.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Digital is the way of the future! /s

Hope this gets sorted. Never got a big memory card for my Vita so I rely on being able to redownload PS1 Classics and what not.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Just checked, it's still down. If Sony can bother putting out a new firmware a few months ago, they better be willing to respond and put the service back up.

You shouldn't need to own a PS3 to redownload your titles. I still have a few things left in my vita backlog that won't fit on my 32GB card

EoRVVmwXEAAkOHn

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love that Sony legacy support. Will be absolutely pissed if I missed out on the chance to download a bunch of PSP games that are pretty damn inaccessible otherwise

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
I'm sure this'll get fixed "soon"... i hope. Didn't they even mention when removing the old PS Store website you'd still be able to use VITA native store/download list?

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Ugh, I'm sure they'll fix this, but then they broke PS3-PSP transfers with 2FA active years ago and never bothered to fix it.

I backed up all my PSP and PS3 content during the lead-up to the web store change, but I didn't do my Vita stuff since the on-device store is fine and the memory card space sucks. Let's hope I don't end up regretting that.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Doesn't help that Sony has given no word. Ask Playstation just deflects to the Vita/PS3 Faq which does nothing for this.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Damn hopefully they get it fixed quick. I was just downloading stuff to Vita TV the other day

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Eh. OMG. If Sony is killing the Vita then they need to bring all those games to PS NOW or to PS5 emulations. I didn't play many of the games on VITA.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
There's almost zero chance it's an actual silent shutdown of the Vita store, rather than a technical issue that will be fixed. They just released a digital-only console. It would be a huge PR issue to kill downloads on their handheld without significant notice.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

delistedgames.com

I wish I had known about this sooner. Navigating sales on the new website is fucking torture.

Thanks so much!

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Really, really hoping this is an unintended bug on their end or Sony's going to get hit by some lawsuits.