• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10675

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Madrid
It was about time a project like this came to life.

https://github.com/Vita3K/Vita3K

The emulator is already capable of running some homebrew:

vitaQuake.png

Between Yozu and this one 2018 couldn't have started in a better way.

Oct 27, 2017
I can see myself putting dozens of hours in SS Delta agin, which is up there as one of my favorite games of all time and Gravity Rush would be amazing to play in 4k. But other than that most of my Vita library was already on PC to begin with.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Sony doesn't want to put official emulators of their portables on their console for some reason, then the fans are gonna keep the legacy alive. PPSSPP is one of mankind's greatest accomplishments and I have no doubt that a good Vita emulator on PC will be fantastic.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
P4 golden? I bought a pstv, golden and freedom wars. Im up to track some gems down for emulated goodness

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Good; looking forward to watching this develop. Love my Vita, and will love experiencing my favorite games on PC in the future.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
While this is a great thing, developments like this just depress me because it reminds me of how badly Sony dropped the ball with the Vita. Only Sony can get a pass for halting big budget game development for their console a year and a half after it launches.

newtonlod

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I have a Vita but prefer to play games on a big screen. (I have a 3DS too but I'm waiting Citra to get better to play some other things that I didn't played yet).
So, good news for me! :)
Persona 4 is one of my favorite games on PS2, would love to play the Golden version on my PC. I bought the Vita version but never even booted it I think.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
I recently thought about my Vita's inevitable hardware death and being unable to replace it. I lamented losing to the ability to play one of my favorite games, Soul Sacrifice Delta, due to the lack of an emulation scene for the Vita. This is good news.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they put a lot of effort into making P4G playable first and foremost, pretty much the only reason I'd ever use it.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
After thinking a lot only worthwhile game i want to see emulated well from Vita is Soul Sacrifice Delta.

A special one that should be preserved

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
It finally happened. Though I suppose after henkaku it was only a matter of time.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
So, I'll soon be able to emulate Persona 4 Golden on my PC and stream it via Moonlight to my Vita?
Good.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man this platform really has amazing games. Shinobido 2, Soul Sacrifice, Killzone Mercenary, Uncharted, Unit 13, Murumasa Rebirth. ..

These games should not be forgotten.

rtv190

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
fuck yes, hopefully this opens the door for better 3DS and more progress on Switch emulation too
(btw, does the dev intend on opening a Patreon?)

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if it's the worst version of the game, PLEASE GOD let this result in Ninja Gaiden being preserved...it would break my heart to see the game eventually fall into the sands of time.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Even if it's the worst version of the game, PLEASE GOD let this result in Ninja Gaiden being preserved...it would break my heart to see the game eventually fall into the sands of time.

It won't be forgotten any time soon, because the superior version is enhanced for XBox One X.