• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
there's something called "The Emperor and I" and the titular emperor is an emperor penguin

what a wonderful world I've awoken to.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I read the first dozen chapters and hated it, but apparently it gets really good basically right at the point I stopped at, lol. Maybe one day....
Bakuman is the first thing on my list to go through though.
Yea it really picks up once the main character starts finding other people. Since outside of the main character himself. All of the people he hangs out with for the first dozen chapters are pretty boring. Have fun reading Bakuman though! remember liking it quite a bit when it was coming out weekly. Still think the pot shots it would take at some WSJ series and editors is hysterical.

I'd read some of Promised Neverland so I'll definitely catch up on that (and probably reread from the start). Then there's also Dr. Stone which seems neat... I'll dig into a lot of stuff over time I'm sure.

DB I already have all the volumes of (but need to get back to reading + watching Buu, whoops). And MHA + AssClass I'd like to read but already have some volumes of... so at least in the latter case I'll probably just finish that physically. I really need to buy some more manga in general, hmm.

But this is gonna be great for long running stuff that would be hard to justify buying volumes of. I can't wait to fiiiiinally dig into One Piece.
Ayy if you decide to give One Piece a whirl like you want to. Feel free to stop by the One Piece OT. We are always happy to read new comers impressions haha.

Anyone got recommendations for good art in these? I'll probably check out most of the series at some point but I'm interested in taking notes from some series with very strong art. :D
Dr. Stone has really good character art but some lacking environmental art. Though I can't emphasis how good the character art is at times. It's also got some great landscape pages that really help set the tone of the comic and will leave you seriously impressed.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Subscribed. I'm so so excited to dig into this. I really hope this model works out for them.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Ah I assumed this would have all the stuff that Viz ever translated, but I see it's missing tons of the older stuff that is pre-digital

Are they going to go back and add those or is this it?

Would also be cool if they finished some of the series that got cancelled back then like GIntama and Zatch Bell.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao I can't believe they actually bothered to put the first 3 chapters of Red Sprite on here

LogicAirForce

Oct 25, 2017
Can i download these and read offline? I'd like to read some manga while at work on break but I don't get shit for signal in the building.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got recommendations for good art in these? I'll probably check out most of the series at some point but I'm interested in taking notes from some series with very strong art. :D
I recommend Dr Stone, Black Clover, My Hero Academia and One Piece. Absolutely love the art from all for of those for various reasons.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
This is fantastic! I'll probably sub when I get back to the states. Now I just wish Shonen Jump owned D-Frag, I would pay so much to have that series forever translated on time.

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder why the website was taken to maintenance mode. App still works. I wish I didnt have to download some series, but sometimes the online version chapter doesnt load every page.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
I'm supposed to be a member and I even checked before the change and I confirmed I have a membership. Downloaded the app right now and it's prompting me to sign up.

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
I tried reading Bakuman and Black Cat on the app, but there's quite a few missing pages from the first chapters. Hopefully that'll get fixed quickly.
I'm really excited about revisiting these series. I was hoping Eyeshield 21 would be there, I haven't read it yet.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be weird not buying new volumes of MHA on Comixology anymore but once this is up why would I continue to do so?
Obviously can't speak for you individually but there are still positives to the digital volumes going forward, such as off the top of my head:
-Volume versions are the final, definitive versions of chapters. The art can often be touched up on those versions. And for the English release, more time is spent on having English sound effects.
-The image quality is noticeably higher.
-Volume extras like bonus art, character descriptions, etc.
-No limit on what you can read/download in a set period. No need to keep paying a subscription.

And of course, it's just an additional way to "support" a series one likes. But again, the level to which anyone may care about any of those things obviously varies.
there's something called "The Emperor and I" and the titular emperor is an emperor penguin

what a wonderful world I've awoken to.
It's a fun, chill series.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Several pages are missing in chapters 1 & 2 of One Piece. Some of the best panels in fact. Rather unfortunate, I wonder what the problem is.

As I wrote this I went back to check just in case and they were there! Server must be catching up since it's rolling out. The missing pages literally just had red text that read "Missing Image." I guess we have to give it some time.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Just got myself subbed up! Haven't read SJ for so many years... I used to pick up the magazines for a few years, until it just became too much to physically have on-hand and just bought volumes of a few series.

Time to start reading some series that are too long for me to buy volumes of/series that I want to read through once and that's it. :)

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I've seen some say that they don't have HxH, JoJo, etc. because they're not weekly, but they have D.Gray-man, so... yeah.

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen some say that they don't have HxH, JoJo, etc. because they're not weekly, but they have D.Gray-man, so... yeah.
I wouldnt trust any of the people that say its because they arent weekly, when that couldnt be any further from the truth. Numerous JUMP SQ manga are listed and get simulpubbed and those are monthly, the yugiohs are also monthly, boruto is also monthly, so...

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
JoJo is probably later down the line when they get more stuff translated. For HxH it could be that they couldn't get the rights for Togashi's work since he owns them himself.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I wouldnt trust any of the people that say its because they arent weekly, when that couldnt be any further from the truth. Numerous JUMP SQ manga are listed and get simulpubbed and those are monthly, the yugiohs are also monthly, boruto is also monthly, so...
Yup.

Any theories on your end? You've said they may not be done adding series, but why leave one as big as HxH for later? It can't really be a frequency of release thing because, again, D.Gray-man.
JoJo is probably later down the line when they get more stuff translated. For HxH it could be that they couldn't get the rights for Togashi's work since he owns then himself.
Yeah, the only thing I can think of. Which will be unfortunate if so.