• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
EVgi7tVUUAAHC9K

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The one to confirmed this is the Sniper's VA who is personal freinds with Rick so it's likely this is legit

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017

Acting Classes for Adults! Seattle Acting Classes

Rekindle School offers fun, affordable Seattle acting classes! Plus Filmmaking, Voice Over, Stand-Up Comedy, Screenwriting classes and more.

Rekindle School teacher Rick May has passed away.

During his long and rewarding theatrical career, Rick directed or appeared in over 300 shows, ranging from Shakespeare to musical comedy.

The long time artistic director of Renton Civic Theatre and Civic Light Opera, Rick worked over many decades as a freelance actor and director. He also toured in the award-winning one man play, Bully! An Adventure with Teddy Roosevelt.

In addition to his appearance in major motion pictures, TV shows and commercials, Rick was featured in many popular video games. In "Star Fox 64" he was the voice of Peppy Hare and Andross, in "Age of Empires II" he was the narrator and voice of Genghis Khan, and was The Soldier in the ongoing game series "Team Fortress II."

Rick had suffered a stroke in February and had been moved into the nursing home for rehabilitation. Unfortunately he caught the Covid-19 coronavirus when he was there. He was moved to Swedish hospital where he received care before he passed on.

RIP

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018

The last time that I played TF2 I had the pleasure of hearing a soldier voiceline that I had never heard in over 2000 hours of playing.

Here's to the next one.

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
RIP.

Your voice is ingrained into my brain from the hundreds of hours I played of TF2.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
RIP.
Amazing voice actor, awful he caught Covid in a nursing home.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
WOW that's sad. I mainly know him from Team Fortress, but his Soldier is legendary. RIP Rick May

BTW OP here's a link to John Patrick Lowrie's Facebook post dropping the news.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Damn rip.

tf2 soldier is one of my favourite voice performances, espcially as a soldier main.

MAGGOTS

BordyDogue

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
This sucks man. Ive been hearing his voice for years now, the Soldier is one of my all time favorite game characters ever and it wont be the same without him. Hope his friends and relatives are doing ok

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Sly Cooper and Star Fox are both franchises near and dear to me, and Rick May was a big part of them.

Instantly recognizable and supremely talented. Rest in peace

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Terrible terrible news to go to bed to ;(

R.I.P his voice will live in forever

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Star Fox 64 was the first game I ever played with voice acting. It was such a great experience and he helped make the as uniquely quotable and fun as it is.

RIP.