• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Embracer Group, the parent company of Deep Silver, had originally planned two AAA titles for this fiscal year, that ends in March 2021.
Today, it has delayed both titles to the next fiscal year, the one ending March 2022.

While never officially announced to come out this financial year, the news of two AAA releases in the FY and the news that Volition was working on "the first full entry in this much loved series since Saints Row IV" came in tandem in the earnings release that was published in August 2018 (source, slides 3 and 11). Considering both AAA titles are pushed back to FY21/22, it's safe to say that this Saints Row game is among it.

CEO Lars Wingefors' literal words:
We expect substantial growth in the current financial year driven by a large number of high quality releases, for which we are excited to the reception among gamers. We expect the value of completed games will more than doubles from SEK 589 million to SEK 1,200-1,400 in the current financial year ending March 31, 2021. This growth will be underpinned by recent and upcoming new game releases such as Biomutant, Chorus, Deep Rock Galactic, Destroy all Humans!, Iron Harvest, MotoGP 20, Ride 4, Snowrunner, Wasteland 3, WWE2K Battlegrounds (in collaboration with 2K) and a host of other titles that have not yet started their marketing campaigns. [...]

Looking into the next financial year ending March 31 2022, we expect continued organic growth driven by further increase in the value of completed games including the first AAA games releases since Metro Exodus. From this year on we expect to have AAA releases every year.
Source

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
So instead of coming out in March 2021, it'll come out in June 2021.

I still think it's coming 2021, and that's all that matters. I just hope they announce it soon-ish.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I never expected Saints Row 5 to be a 2020 game anyway.

I'm hoping that the other game is TimeSplitters 4.

OP
OP
DarkDetective

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's only been three years since Agents of Mayhem. A late 2021, early 2022 release always seemed to be the most plausible.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Well, take all the time you need - something more akin to 2 please for next gen. Also what happened to our Saints Row 2 PC updates to fix the game?!

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting 30 years, what's another 1 or 3. Do it, take your time, make me happy with a funny, crazy, over the top fun game.

Sep 21, 2018
I'm really looking forward to the Saints Row The Third remaster. Played it a ton on PC. Pre-ordered the Xbox version. 4K HDR, better be good. Haha.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a bummer but if it needs more time, it needs more time.

I bet it'll still be announced sometime this summer and release around next spring.