• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
5/5
8.8/10
9.4/10
8.8/10
9.5/10

The lineup for VR in the next 3 months is highly promising. More AAAs with Stormland and the Half Life VR game (assuming no delay), in addition to 15 hour Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners, and indies like Boneworks, Pistol Whip, and Budget Cuts 2. And of course Lone Echo 2 + Iron Man VR in Q1 2020.

Last edited:

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
Looking forward to trying this out, glad I picked up a Rift S a couple months back.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing Skyrim VR recently and man. I can't wait for VR to be the standard. Exploring exotic environments and interacting with interesting NPCs is so much better in VR.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
"AAA" - when you have never heard of the game is a bold claim.
But it looks good - happy for the VR crowd.

furfoot

Dec 12, 2017
Finally the the first full fledged made for VR game on PC since Lone Echo, just need a few more reviews and I'll pick it up.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got it thanks for pointing it out

The headline should be "Oculus VR" as only "VR" implies it will be available on other VR platforms as well.
I mean. There's only one platform it's not playable on.

Yeah was wondering about this game, I remember it looking really promising last year, and then kinda hadn't heard about it. Pretty cautiously excited.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
wHonSVT.png

Top selling right now.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great, but it doesn't look exactly more "AAA" than Blood & Truth, Astrobot, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Resident Evil 7 etc.
But great to see that we get more ambitious VR games that aren't ports.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Very very excited to pick this up. Stormland too! Good time for VR folk.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
You'll be waiting quite a while.
Believe me I know. But if we get one high budget VR RPG every few years I'll be happy. I'm almost positive that Elder Scrolls VI will support VR or will have a version that does. But I'd really prefer a fantasy world that's less medieval Europe (or past earth civilizations) and more fantasy like. I want to ride a dragon through a waterfall cascading off a floating island. I want to talk to a giant while standing on the palm of their hand and feel tiny in their presence.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I'll have to check it out. Nice to see a big budget game built entirely for VR.

As for the Resident Evil 7 mentions, that's still locked down by Sony isn't it?

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
A lot can happen in a year. I'm sure Oculus likes money and it can generate a lot extra on PSVR by the time PS5 hits.

You've got it backwards. I think Facebook liking money is the reason you won't be seeing this on PSVR. Sony could nab some cash releasing God of War on Xbox, but I mean, these games exist to sell hardware.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
so i cant play it with a odessey plus via steam vr?
Any PC VR headset can play Oculus exclusives using LibreVR/Revive which translates Oculus SDK to OpenVR (or XR) that Steam uses. Although older versions of LibreVR/Revive did not support WMR headsets so make sure it is the latest version.

Last edited:

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
Any PC VR headset can play Oculus exclusives using LibreVR/Revive which translates Oculus SDK to OpenVR (or XR) that Steam uses. Although older versions of LibreVR/Revive did not support WMR headsets so make sure it is the latest version.
thanks. another question: if i buy an oculus quest i can play every steam game...i mean i can buy from steam instead of oculus store and then play? also: there will be something to track fingers...will i be able to play boneworks with fingers in the future, if i buy an oculus quest now?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
thanks. another question: if i buy an oculus quest i can play every steam game...i mean i can buy from steam instead of oculus store and then play? also: there will be something to track fingers...will i be able to play boneworks with fingers in the future, if i buy an oculus quest now?
I'm not sure about Oculus Quest specifically, but with a regular Oculus you can play Steam games just fine. I'm ASSUMING a pc hooked up oculus Quest operates exactly the same as an Oculus Rift does, in which case it should be fine (IE: you can see the desktop? should be ok).

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Oculus quest uses the Oculus store for Quest specific games which you access via phone/Oculus app or within the headset itself. However, in November, Oculus is releasing an update that lets you plug the Quest into your PC and then use Oculus PC store or Steam to play PC VR games instead of Quest specific games. You can already do this unofficially via Wi-fi 5 Ghz but that introduces allot of input lag which is why Oculus isn't officially supporting that method.

In early 2020, Oculus is releasing an update to the Quest that recognizes all your fingers without using any controllers. But that will be more for social interactions/casual games specifically meant for hands/fingers only since you wont have access to controller buttons/analog sticks/etc.

OP
OP
DarthBuzzard

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
This seems a bit weird, but perhaps it makes more sense from the context of VR.
I think it's more that physics based combat has only recently started to be seen as viable so it likely wasn't a core consideration in development. There is place for both though more leaning towards physics with future games, and I expect Half Life VR will give a highly polished crowbar-smacking physics based experience.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
You've got it backwards. I think Facebook liking money is the reason you won't be seeing this on PSVR. Sony could nab some cash releasing God of War on Xbox, but I mean, these games exist to sell hardware.

Maybe, but you are forgetting Sony has a much larger install base. February this year there was ane stimate of around 400.000 unique Oculus Rift headsets connected to Steam. There are 4 million PSVR headsets sold.

OP
OP
DarthBuzzard

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Maybe, but you are forgetting Sony has a much larger install base. February this year there was ane stimate of around 400.000 unique Oculus Rift headsets connected to Steam. There are 4 million PSVR headsets sold.
That estimate was monthly active headsets, and there are those who exclusively play VR games on the Oculus Store.

LukasHeinzel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Facebook doesn't need the money and they are perfectly fine never releasing it anywhere else especially if it's that good.