• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
Oculus quest uses the Oculus store for Quest specific games which you access via phone/Oculus app or within the headset itself. However, in November, Oculus is releasing an update that lets you plug the Quest into your PC and then use Oculus PC store or Steam to play PC VR games instead of Quest specific games. You can already do this unofficially via Wi-fi 5 Ghz but that introduces allot of input lag which is why Oculus isn't officially supporting that method.

In early 2020, Oculus is releasing an update to the Quest that recognizes all your fingers without using any controllers. But that will be more for social interactions/casual games specifically meant for hands/fingers only since you wont have access to controller buttons/analog sticks/etc.
so, it appear that i have to wait for a vive version of quest to buy it.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think we are losing grip with terms like "AAA", "AA" and so on.

1462896999.png

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
From that footage I wonder how much motion sickness I'd get. I'm fine with teleporting but walking around like that gets me real bad.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
I really wanted to preview this one, but with the frequent headaches I've been getting, VR anything is something I can't enjoy at the moment.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
thanks. another question: if i buy an oculus quest i can play every steam game...i mean i can buy from steam instead of oculus store and then play? also: there will be something to track fingers...will i be able to play boneworks with fingers in the future, if i buy an oculus quest now?

I wouldn't count on finger tracking for those type of games. #1) The Boneworks guys would have to specifically code to support Quest's hand tracking. It's a ton of work for something that's going to be a small part of your userbase. #2) Don't really expect hand tracking in games. It's more for social stuff. The cameras on the Quest only track at 30hz and hand tracking support is basically going to be about social and laying the groundwork for Quest 2 (when higher quality cameras will allow greater fidelity).

I think Facebook games will hit PSVR the day Astrobot lands on PC.

Bring on those trades. I'm specifcally looking for Wipeout, Astrobot, and Hot Shots Golf (in that order).

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, excited about this, nice to hear positive impressions! I'll buy it and try it, my only worry is not being able to run it with decent performance since I only got a 1060 (they recommend 1080). But worst case scenario, there's always the refund option I guess.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Bring on those trades. I'm specifcally looking for Wipeout, Astrobot, and Hot Shots Golf (in that order).

Trust me, I'd be down for a platform swap. Sadly it just ain't how they do business. VR will continue to be fragmented into little hardware islands like pancake games already are. RE7 and Tetris Effect would be nice.

Edit: Literally forgot about Tetris already making the jump a long time ago!

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
Did you sell your headset or something, waiting for refinements?

I only ever had a PSVR, and I did eventually get rid of it. VR is really cool, but I also live in a condo, I have a small kid and thus would have to break it down and set it all back up again every time I used it, I couldn't properly check my kid's monitor etc etc. Lots of factors conspired to make it something that just didn't work for me. Maybe some day again, though!

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
This game won't be playable on the Quest before November, right?

Not unless you wanna play it wirelessly (with significantly more lag) using Virtual Desktop and Revive. If you don't mind the higher lag/compression and higher resources overhead, it should be playable at game launch.

That title would actually go to blood & truth

Wasn't aware you played both. Who are you publishing your Asgard's Wrath review with?

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Not unless you wanna play it wirelessly (with significantly more lag) using Virtual Desktop and Revive. If you don't mind the higher lag/compression and higher resources overhead, it should be playable at game launch.

I see thanks - I'm playing with the thought of buying a Quest once it's cheaper (hopefully around black friday) and this game looks like a good one to buy!

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

Wasn't aware you played both. Who are you publishing your Asgard's Wrath review with?
Ah yes of course, i have to play another game to decide that it was the first AAA VR title. Makes perfect sense after already experiencing such a thing. Thank you kind sir

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait for a sale, still a bit wound up that Oculus/Sanzaru dropped support for Marvel Powers United so quickly.

StonedRider

Oct 27, 2017
Latvia, Riga
Looks like it doesn't have teleportation system. Too bad, I played Skyrim and Fallout 4 with teleport, my brains can not take more than 15 minutes of moving in VR.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would have been nice of OP to specify Oculus in the title, given that VR is a gated market and each platform tends to be exclusive.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes of course, i have to play another game to decide that it was the first AAA VR title. Makes perfect sense after already experiencing such a thing. Thank you kind sir

Sorry. I forgot what the title was. I forgot at Reset, 95% of the posters only read the title and nothing else (while expecting people should read their fly-by posts). I genuinely thought you were talking about how reviews were saying it was the best VR game released yet, and you were commenting on that. I'm an idiot for assuming that. Sorry.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, but you are forgetting Sony has a much larger install base. February this year there was ane stimate of around 400.000 unique Oculus Rift headsets connected to Steam. There are 4 million PSVR headsets sold.
Oculus cares more about getting people in to their ecosystem rather than how much these games sell. Putting it on PSVR does nothing to advance that agenda. That's why you're not going to see that happen unless they trade exclusive titles which would add value to their ecosystem.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Looks neat, but disappointed to once more see all sorts of flashy colors and UIs that detract from the immersion into the world. Still will try to give this a go eventually and peddle it to my VR friends :)

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
This looks amazing, videos can never convey the sense of scale you'll be experiencing in VR.

Will pick this up as soon Oculus Link is available.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Asking the real questions

Trust me, I'd be down for a platform swap. Sadly it just ain't how they do business. VR will continue to be fragmented into little hardware islands like pancake games already are. RE7 and Tetris Effect would be nice.

Edit: Literally forgot about Tetris already making the jump a long time ago!
Oculus has said they'd love to trade exclusives with Sony so it's possible
uploadvr.com

Jason Rubin: Oculus 'Would Love' To Trade VR Games With PSVR

Could we one day see Oculus exclusive games like Lone Echo, Stormland and Asgard’s Wrath on PSVR? Oculus’ Jason Rubin would like that very much. Speaking to Kotaku at E3 last month, Oculus’ VP of Special Gaming Initiatives said he would “love” to make a trade with Sony. “We’