• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
120 Hz Mode looks really bright and washed out on my b9 oled. Could this be an issue with Spiderman or my tv? Only tested the fidelity mode. Maybe because its 120hz, native 4k and hdr? Pretty sure the b9 does not support that.

Last edited:

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
So, is there a way to check if my LG CX is getting a VRR signal? No idea which menu option I should check.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Tried Elden Ring for a bit. Regular fps drops below 50fps. Vrr obviously helps but it still feels stuttery. The thing I noticed right away was lower input lag which is nice.

TV is LG CX.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
VRR option appeared to me.

I woke the console from rest mode, and then did a full reset just to be sure. When I checked 10 minutes later I got the VRR in OS Settings.

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
It's online for me.
Tried with
- Uncharted 4 (PS5 version). It works although the game is already 60fps stable...
- Subnautica (PS5). It works too, they added vsync and "reduced tearing" on an update, with VRR on it seems to run better and the drops are less noticeable (but still exists). Performance mode.

I'm downloading Spider-man Remastered and No Man's Sky to try it.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Shame you cant set the PS5 by default on 120hz like on Xbox. As that triggers low framerate compensation.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I tested Final Fantasy VII Remake, Astrobot, Demon's Souls and Scarlet Nexus (all PS5 native apps). All of them showed up as a fixed rate 60hz signal on my CX. I have VRR set to 'Apply for unsupported games', not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Hmm, I tested Final Fantasy VII Remake, Astrobot, Demon's Souls and Scarlet Nexus (all PS5 native apps). All of them showed up as a fixed rate signal on my CX. I have VRR set to 'Apply for unsupported games', not sure what I am doing wrong here.
Worked with Final Fantasy for me, so definitely something that needs changing on your end.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
Worked with Final Fantasy for me, so definitely something that needs changing on your end.

I just rechecked: You have to turn on the 'Instant game response' setting in your CX to make VRR work. I had it toggeled off because I was getting annoyed by the constant pop ups after the latest PS5 firmware update that introduced support for ALLM.

Last edited:

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I tested Final Fantasy VII Remake, Astrobot, Demon's Souls and Scarlet Nexus (all PS5 native apps). All of them showed up as a fixed rate 60hz signal on my CX. I have VRR set to 'Apply for unsupported games', not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Same for me (LG C1). Tring RE8 Village shortly..

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
I tried Elden Ring ps5 performance mode. It is much smoother overall and might have fixed stutter. I do notice the frame rate go down some though. Just no stutter. Using lg c9.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
As in your PS5 and CX are new? If so then hell no. Pick a great looking game like Ratchet and Clank instead. Most games at 120hz aren't worth it as they have to cut a ton of graphical features and drop the res right down to 1080p to manage. Not worth the trade of and won't look great on a 4k display.

Oh no, sorry for the confusion. I've had both since launch. I'm just curious what game would best show off VRR.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Ok, Spider-Man Remastered is the real deal: 75-100 fps in performance mode. Very smooth.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Miles Morales with 120hz enabled. Seems to sit arround 80fps. In Performance RT mode

20220426_121240kajng.jpg

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
tried ghostwire and went HFR Qualoty, and I can't notice any difference. When I go to display options it says VRR 48-120 so I assume it's working. I don't notice any drops so I guess it's good to go?

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Oh no, sorry for the confusion. I've had both since launch. I'm just curious what game would best show off VRR.

In that case, Spider Man in Performance RT mode or Elden Ring in Performance mode. Spider Man is insane because it can get to 100FPS with ray tracing on.

I also feel like Deathloop in Ray Tracing mode might end up being the best way to play the game.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
People should try Borderlands Tiny Tina's on ps5 in 120hz mode. That probably is great now.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Is there a trick to getting the update?
I'm getting the game updates and deathloop even refers to VRR, but I don't seem to have any VRR options in the video menus

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017

I retested all of these games and they now show up as running in VRR on my CX after switching on the 'Instant game response' setting (PS5 is set to "apply vrr to unsupported games").

In contrast Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi is still showing up as fixed rate 60hz since it's a PS4 BC game.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a trick to getting the update?
I'm getting the game updates and deathloop even refers to VRR, but I don't seem to have any VRR options in the video menus

Try to Shut down your PS5, not "Restart". That's what made it work for me.

I restarted it once and it didn't appear. Then i tried "Shut Down" and it worked.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Tried Elden Ring for a bit. Regular fps drops below 50fps. Vrr obviously helps but it still feels stuttery. The thing I noticed right away was lower input lag which is nice.

TV is LG CX.
Shame to hear about that, it's definitely the game that needed VRR the most, but an improvement is an improvement I guess

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring doesn't seem to work. Just gets set to fixed 120hz and is completely washed out. Disabling 120hz output doesn't change anything there either. This is on a C1.

Apr 3, 2020

If you haven't already, there is an option in the TV to enable VRR (Freesync) for each HDMI port

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Can't get it working on my C1 at all. Can't see any option for Instant Game Responce. I actually thought that was changed to something else on the C1, from the CX.

Ignore - working now. Doesn't display in GT7 at all.