• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I've found a lot of people on ResetEra a progressive bunch. Like many progressives, I refrain from using slanderous words that have hateful meaning toward people of certain colors or sexual orientation.
That being said, I'm only human, and games can be infuriating if you feel like you've been cheated and have let a slur slip up on more than one occasion (Always in private and never over mic or in front of people), usually to allow some of that frustration vent.

I'm only asking about words that are more deplorable than "fuck". You all know the words. Do you ever find yourself just yelling out a specific slander word that you would never say outside your house or in front of others? Or do you find yourself well regulated or bottle it up?

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've grown partial to the phrase "shitty titties."

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I quite regularly call my mate a cunt when we play Rocket League.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
uhh no. that isn't part of my vocabulary so i don't think to say it.

I curse like a sailor when playing Mario Kart though.

speiky

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
When the revive mechanic in GoW doesn't work for no apparent reason I may or may not say the F-word here and there...

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be a sore loser and whine about me team sometime, but I'll never actively talk shit or ever use any kind of bigoted language. It's mostly just me being a baby lol

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I curse a lot when I'm chatting with people I know in something like Fortnite, but I don't use the N word or call people gay, etc.

StealthieOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dfw
I've found a lot of people on ResetEra a progressive bunch. Like many progressives, I refrain from using slanderous words that have hateful meaning toward people of certain colors or sexual orientation.
That being said, I'm only human, and games can be infuriating if you feel like you've been cheated and have let a slur slip up on more than one occasion (Always in private and never over mic or in front of people), usually to allow some of that frustration vent.

I'm only asking about words that are more deplorable than "fuck". You all know the words. Do you ever find yourself just yelling out a specific slander word that you would never say outside your house or in front of others? Or do you find yourself well regulated or bottle it up?

The fact its not natural for you not to use a slur and have to "refrain" seems like a bigger issue.

I naturally don't slur anyone and so there is no refraining... Smh

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no temptation in the first place, it's not how I was raised. I like the good curse words tho

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Americans need to gender-neutralize the word "cunt" like Brits and Aussies have. It's such a great insult.

Chacranajxy

Oct 29, 2017
not-a-cop-atnopoliceman-if-anyone-is-planning-any-illegal-activities-tonight-let-me-know-i-love-doing-crimes-mR40N.jpg

art_vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
The fact its not natural for you not to use a slur and have to "refrain" seems like a bigger issue.

I naturally don't slur anyone and so there is no refraining... Smh

Yeah that's all I could think too. I swear like a... someone who swears a lot. But slurs, be they racial, homophobic or otherwise, simply are not in my vocabulary.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I quite regularly call my mate a cunt when we play Rocket League.

Probably the most i go too

Actively tried my best to get rid of homophobic slurs from my vocabulary. in school from like the ages of 13-16, 'faggot' and 'gay' and all other kinds of words were thrown around like it was nothing, but ive pretty much removed them completely since then.

But nah the most ill say if im angry at a game is the standard 'Oh, fuck off'.

Oct 25, 2017
I've never used racial slurs in my normal vocabulary so they never slip out no matter how angry or frustrated I get. I don't say "faggot" and while I used to do things like call people a fairy or something like that in my younger days but I've pretty much eliminated that totally.

I've toned down "stop being such a woman" but it slips out now and again I'm sure, I'm not sure I'll ever wean myself from "bitch" and unlike DJ Khaled cunt will never leave the tip of my tongue while I still draw breath.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't say the n word or things like retard or anything recially offensive.

I will happily let the cunts of war fly though, and I do disparage my team-mates abilities if they fuck up.

Shifty1897

Oct 28, 2017
The only time anything comes out past PG material is if I stub my toe. At that point I will string together a rant so hate-filled and offensive it would make a sailor blush. Also, I'm shouting this while hopping around on one foot, which makes whoever sees it happening laugh, which humiliates me and makes me cuss more. It's going to be a real problem when I become a dad.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I personally keep my limit at "Damn it" or "fucking garbage"

I have been creative with cursing in the past, but never anything racial or anything specific towards any sexual orientation.

The worst I've gone is probably faggot, but that word doesn't really cross any lines as it's equal in its offense to all people of all orientations.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I fucking cunt it up with the best of them but have never said anything racist or sexist etc as far as I know. But you say cunt? Yes I'm British. We say cunt here. It's just a stronger fuckface or twat or the like. Try it. Instead of saying fucking idiot say what a fucking cunting idiot. Works wonders. The only people I know who have used it as a descriptive for female genitals has been women so I won't even get into that. So swearing like my life depended on it when I get one shotted by a boss - no problem. Slurs - no. I do only play single player though so I am swearing at the game. No people are targeted by my swearing.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
British, so everything is a cunt, pretty much as far as I go as far as what I'd consider actually offensively vulgar and try not to say it when with non British people, but will slip out now and then.
Don't say anything racist or homophobic though.

MagicPhone

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, gonna have to side with some of the other voices in here and say that if you're finding yourself "slipping" out racist or sexist things, then you're probably saying them in real life too. Try and be better, everyone.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
As with some of the other people here, I do occasionally let out gendered slurs (privately).

I don't "slip up" with hate speech. If that's the first thing that comes out of your mouth when you're frustrated, it's time for some self-reflection.

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've grown partial to the phrase "shitty titties."

I'm stealing this

I avoid racial slurs and such, but I do curse. I am trying to cut back because of my children though

Edit: are we talking in games or in life? Because I do tell people to go fuck themselves online. Though it's been a while since I used a mic

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I take out my aggression on my controllers and the walls, it's a wonder my launch controllers still work.

I swear yes but only when I'm playing alone and if there's some extremely bullshit happening in my game and no none of these swearing words are offensive in the slightest, nor do I swear outside of the house or when around others.

Freddo

Oct 27, 2017
Småland, Sweden
"jävlar" is a common Swedish swearword. However, I've somehow gotten used to say "gälar" (Swedish for "gills") instead which is almost pronounced the same way except without the "v". So it's very rare for me to actually swear!

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I've called a few Dark Souls bosses rotten cunts, but I don't think I've ever said anything even slightly rude to another human being over a game.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Most of my cursing is against the cpu lol. But it's usually just for fun and not serious.

Playing with randoms and strangers, I am usually quite anyways.

But with friends, we all go all out lol. Nothing and no one is safe. But none of us are serious and all in good fun!

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's no temptation in the first place, it's not how I was raised. I like the good curse words tho

no, it's really not that hard to just not say a slur. jesus christ
Yeah seriously lol. I'm not sure if I'm reading the OP wrong not no, I don't get why I would either, I won't temporarily turn into some racist/sexist/homophobic/whatever piece of shit just because I'm angry.

I leave that to youtubers and twitch streamers.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No but theres certainly a lot of F bombs when playing Fortnite. I guess I say "dirty slut" or "filthy tramp" too much. If you killed me in Fortnite you could very well be one of those two things. Nothing racial or homophobic though.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Fuck and it's derivatives are about as far as I go. Never got the hang of cunt, despite it apparently being commonly used in my country, so it just doesn't roll off the tongue. This is all in private though, bastard is as far as I go in public. I was raised overly politely so I've always been a sheepish about swearing in front of others. It's good though, means it's extra satisfying when I can in private.

Slurs have never been a part of my vocab, so I never say them on instinct or feel any need to "hold myself back" from saying them.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I do curse but no racial slurs. I don't even same them by "mistake" because I'm not used to saying them so they don't happen even by mistake
Other than that I say Fuck and Cunt a lot

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swear all the time when playing games and get frustrated and am not above saying things that may not be very nice. When playing online games I'm usually in a party with my friends or if solo I just don't use a mic at all. Some of my friends know I swear and don't mind it because they swear like sailors as well. Within our group we have a couple of guys who have little ones, so collectively we know not to swear when those particulars friends are in the party chat.