• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
No, the harshest word I say to myself is cunt.

Slurs are targeted and personal. I don't think there's a good excuse for using them, even in private.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"You cheeky fuck" is my go-to insult for dying to cheap weapons on BFV

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm from a city in Holland. I was bred to use to most vile curses imaginable. I have really been cutting back though. I now only curse when I am with really close mates.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
I curse a lot when speaking in portuguese.
In english I try to be more mindful of what I say cause I may not be fully aware of the impact and implications of certain words.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I admit that I use vulgarities when I'm at home or around close friends. I was raised around them so I'm used to them , though I mostly refrain from using them in public.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really swear much or get angry at games. Worst I'll generally say is "oh goddamn it". Truly offensive slurs aren't in my vocabulary so I'd never even think to use them.

If I'm driving I'll let out some fucks though.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Nope. I use enough standard profanity, and I have a very sharp and pointed voice so my words cut deep.

That said, some little puritan white boy I killed in Fortnite the other day decided to jump in my chat party, yell "NIGGER!" and jump back out.

I -died- laughing at the sheer absurdity of imagining him furious on his end, looking me up, joining my party, "owning" me, and then sitting in his stewing pain as he waits in the lobby for his next game to start.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm pretty bad. Especially when driving and talking to myself. My goal is to be as hurtful as possible.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Nothing racially or otherwise sensitive, nothing really offensive, just often bad language in general when among friends. If someone is offended by the bad language, well.. too bad? It does really depend on the situation, though.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I rarely say cunt. It slips out if I'm extremely angry at someone, but it's very rare.

My mother had a boyfriend who used to beat us, I used the word liberally then.

I say fuck and shit all the time.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You'll have to pry cunt from my cold dead British lips, so give it until sometime after march and it'll be an easy steal.

No others though. And it's kind of on you in the US that one is apparently a problem. The countries that pioneered it managed to use it without sexism creeping in

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course. I'm not gonna lie and pretend I'm some paragon of purity. Curse words carry a certain weight, immediacy, and/or importance to certain instances that regular words just cannot muster. Is it an everyday occurance? No. Usually it's never in text, since it doesn't carry the same gravitas as it does in person.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't use the f word, never have really. It's not hard when it's never been in your vernacular.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I don't curse regularly but when I get emotional I'll throw in a variation of "fuck".

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I curse a lot, but I don't use slurs, as they are not part of my vocabulary. I do what I can to avoid hateful words like that.

Aya

'Course I do, now and then I slip up. I can't reproduce it here tho, it's my native language and hard to find a proper translation..but you should hear my bf when he's into a crappy Rocket League match, hah

he's not an a.s tho, only I can hear his cursing & venting

LE. no slurs, we ain't that kinda people, just regular high octane imaginative cursing

Syntrophos

Nov 25, 2018
Use of the word cunt in an endearing way, but I don't think that word has the same rep here in the UK as it does for Americans. The rest is just the typical vocab of swearing.

Oct 30, 2017
O boy....

Let me introduce you to the Balkans. (Croatian / Serbian part at least)

People are saying "Jebem ti" all the time.

"Jebem ti" is "I fuck" and then you enter the word of your choice that you are fucking.

Bonus information:
• You can say "My dick hurts" for "I don't care"
• "Don't fuck me!" can be used for "Are you serious?"
• You can say "Fuck it" for "sorry"
• "I want the dick" for "Hell no!"
• Angry parents may yell "I fuck your mother"* at you (both of them)
• You can yell "The pussy of your mother!"* at things (maybe yelled by angry parents at you)

Other classics:
• "Jebo ti pas mater!"* = "The dog fucks your mother!"
• "Idi u picku materinu!"* = "Go into the pussy of your mother!" (can be yelled when you are angry at something)
• Bonus: "Idi u tri picke materine!"* = "Go into three mother pussies!"
• "Pusi kurac!"* = "Suck my dick" (this can be used in a lot of different situations actually)
• "Jebem ti misa" = "I fuck your mouse" (A cute phrase in the sense of "o come on what have you done!". For example if some little child breaks something and you don't want to get too angry at them)

*These are also good openers to start a fist fight with strangers.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
I use the word cunt publicly. That's about it.

Privately, I use the word F*ggot a lot with friends from my childhood. Mostly because that's the insult we slung most at each other as teens (oh the 90's), so it's just a thing with us. Never use it outside of those private circles though.

I've used the word N*gger, but never as a derogatory name towards a person. I simply find saying "The N Word" ridiculous, so if the word is in discussion, and I'm discussing it, I will use it.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Nope, never cursed aloud at anyone in 36 years on the planet. Not even light language.

Not in my vocabulary.

Trump makes me want to though...he's one of the only humans on this planet that makes me want to curse and throw things.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
I cuss like a sailor at work, at home (except when my kid is around) at the grocery store, at the doctor, everywhere. I can't help it. It's in my goddamn DNA.

Those "other words" though. Nah. Not part of my lexicon.

Deleted member 35204

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
In English? no i'm not vulgar at all, i might use the f word from time to time but no worse than that.
In Italian/Neapolitan? lol i'm vulgar as heck

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Never have in online gaming, haven't used any slurs since I was a teenager (mid to late 90's). "F*g", "that's gay", and "you're a homo" were super common. Especially at church. Never really found it hard to stop using them.

One type of vulger and awful language that I used in the early 00's were rape jokes/trash talking. So and so "got raped", and the still common prison rape jokes.

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I curse a lot but I stopped saying "fag" around the time I was 17 or so, along with "Gay" as a pej. "Bitch" still comes out from time to time, although not when Im angry. Usually when I pull off a sick headshot or something, I shout out a congratulatory "Gotcha, Bitch!" Its really the only context Ill say that anymore, and its sort of strange how automatic it is.

I think the only reason I havent eliminated that from my vocabulary yet is Im getting old and dont pull off sick plays anymore, so I rarely get a chance to say it, let alone getting a chance to stop myself from saying it anymore.

Racial Slurs, I never really touched them to begin with.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This is very weird, but here it goes:

In my daily life, I don't curse out loud at all. Like almost never. But sometimes when I am in the car by myself, usually on the way home from work, I will just unload streams of cursing and vulgarity for no particular reason. It's just a release from the stress of the day aimed at no one in particular.

In these tirades I will sometimes use the word "bitch," which is a word I would never use in front of another person, and definitely never aimed at a person. I don't even use that term online.

I'm sure that's super tame for most of you but it's the furthest I will go. I don't use slurs at all, even when alone. I'm sure I used to call things "gay" as a kid, but I stopped doing that a long time ago.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
I swear a lot. I like to but its never aimed at any one in such a manner that I mean it. Like my brother and I call each other all kinds of things but its done in jest, cunt and the like. I call myself names all the time as well when I cock up or do something stupid or even accidentally hurting myself like the other day when I caught my knee on a door.

I haven't swore at some one and meant it in a mean way since I think high school and that was a very heated argument.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Worse that "fuck"?

I occasionally use cunt, but only when pretending to be British or comically saying "fuck damn shit cunts" with friends. Would never call someone that seriously, though same can be said for bitch as well.

Can't think of anything worse than "cunt" without going into racial slurs, and I avoid those like the plague, even as a joke.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I swear, but don't use offensive terms. The worst i use is God damn it, and I hate myself when that comes out.

My favourite swear word is fuck, and variations like clusterfuck. Cunt is another good one, but I don't use it much. Used to get in trouble for that one.

May 5, 2018
The only time I swear is privately when I get frustrated with something but not in front of people. I also never type curse words here on ResetEra. Never felt the need or found a good reason why.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I guess cunt is seen as super offensive in the States but here it's not really offensive at all. Tbh swearing is a pretty normal way of talking here unless it's in work or something.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I curse a lot, nothing discriminatory though.
That shit is way gone from my vocab.

Highschool was rough and I didn't know better. That was over 10 years ago.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
I do swear, but i have never used racial or sexual slurs as part of my swearing.

I am also a fairly calm guy, so it tends to only happen when i am playing Mario kart!