• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
If you say so. Trying to use gender as a get-out-of-guilt-free card, deflecting and projecting onto men as though they're not intimately connected to all of this, it's transparent and it's gotten old. Don't believe anyone who pretends to target their own in-group for profit and attention like this. It's a pose, and a disingenuous one at that. If you choose to take this stuff at face value then carry on.

why did you link to that specific photo of the journalist rather than just, oh, i don't know, her freaking twitter account. this is the strangest attempt at a got'cha i've seen.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
...No, it was definitely you who made gender a thing here by looking up and posting a photo of her.

The author wrote an article about the unbearable whiteness of films at the Oscars this year while making no attempt to exonerate herself or anyone else by doing so. Also, being white isn't an "in-group" and acknowledging the bad behavior of white people is something we should frankly all be doing.
I mean, the article is definitely about gender though

May 10, 2019
So this movie should have it locked up then

giphy.gif