• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
You may have seen this guy, he's an outspoken critic of Trump and is on the House Intelligence Committee. He's definitely not one of the most progressive democrats in the house, but the 10th district leans left, but definitely has some large red pockets. I'm worried that the 10th might flip to republican in 2020.

Rep. Denny Heck (D-Wash.), a member of the House Intelligence Committee who participated in last month's impeachment hearings, said Wednesday he won't seek reelection next year.
Heck, 67, was first elected in 2012 to represent a district southwest of Seattle. He said in a Medium post he had time over the Thanksgiving recess for "rest and reflection," which led to his retirement decision.
"It is incredible work, but it takes its toll," Heck wrote. "Being away so much from Paula, my best friend and wife of nearly 44 years, can be lonely even when I am in a crowded room. At our age, however many 'good years' we have left together is not a growing number."
Heck also wrote that the process of compiling the intelligence committee's recent impeachment report had left him "discouraged" about continuing to serve in Congress.
"The countless hours I have spent in the investigation of Russian election interference and the impeachment inquiry have rendered my soul weary,"

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You may have seen this guy, he's an outspoken critic of Trump and is on the House Intelligence Committee. He's definitely not one of the most progressive democrats in the house, but the 10th district leans left, but definitely has some large red pockets. I'm worried that the 10th might flip to republican in 2020.

..... you shouldn't be.
Washington's 10th District is Democratic-leaning territory. Heck won reelection last year with 62 percent of the vote, and Hillary Clinton carried the district by an 11-point margin in 2016.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
As someone else who knows the district well, I don't think OPs worries about it flipping are unfounded.

the huge amount of urbanites moving there after being pushed out of Amazonia will probably keep it blue though.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
As someone else who knows the district well, I don't think OPs worries about it flipping are unfounded.

the huge amount of urbanites moving there after being pushed out of Amazonia will probably keep it blue though.

This is true, although those heading out to the south/east might impact the 8th, which I think Cook has as Even (compared to the 10th which is +5 D)