• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DioDaMando

Oct 25, 2017
Like there is a USB port, but it didn't come with any cables as far as I remmeber. Long story short im headed to the airport and wanted to bring my switch, but it looks like I can't charge it outside of the dock(out of box). I tried my phone charger and seperate USB but nothing.

Am i missing something?

I can't believe Nintendo would make a portable hybrid console without a pack in cable to charge it while portable.

Cranzor

Oct 25, 2017
The cable plugged into your dock is the charger. Just unplug it from the dock and put it directly into your Switch.

Crotin

May 6, 2018
The USB C cable that you plug into the dock also plugs into the bottom of the Switch when it's undocked

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
The switch charges through general USB-C which is the AC Adaptor. The same thing the dock connects to use the Switch.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
The cable that plugs into the dock is a USB-C cable, should work to charge the device directly... Also, you can use any USB-C cable, but the source (AKA battery pak/wall charger) should output 37 watts for full compatibility, though I do think that it only uses about half that to charge while playing?

H13

Oct 27, 2017
Er... did u not see the usb c below. And i thought nintendo give a usb c cable also..

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Sidenote, did anyone think it was weird when they first unbox their switch and realize its power adapter was just its AC adapter? That sort of blew my mind.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like there is a USB port, but it didn't come with any cables as far as I remmeber. Long story short im headed to the airport and wanted to bring my switch, but it looks like I can't charge it outside of the dock(out of box). I tried my phone charger and seperate USB but nothing.

Am i missing something?

I can't believe Nintendo would make a portable hybrid console without a pack in cable to charge it while portable.
Hmm what? I use my Galaxy S8 charger to charge Switch all the time.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Always leave my AC adapter with the dock and just use my USB C phone charger. Works flawlessly.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Never understand people who post threads for questions like this. It is like posting a thread "What is Spider-Man PS4's release date?". There are other ways of finding out basic information on the internet other than asking other people to look it up for you.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Well, not only did the O make a mistake with the Switch, he also made the mistake of thinking Nintendo wouldn't release a portable without a charging cable. They very much will and have.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
I had to go round to my brother in laws house to sort out my nephew's Switch that he hadn't been able to play for over a month, because it was no longer charging

The USB-C cable had just fallen out of the dock

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Any USB-C cable will work, I charge my Switch using the Pro Controller charging cable sometimes.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
smh, OP

Like, what happened to googling before making these weird claims like that final line ... ?

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought a second official charge adapter and use that you can aldo unplig our dock one but if you play both handheld and docked regulary invest in a second charger and if you like tabletop mode get the hori or official stand aswell so you can charge it while in tabletop mode.

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me why the One Plus charger with the Dash Charge doesn't work but my Anker Powerbank with the same cable has no problem even charging while playing?

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
OP, couldn't you just quickly google that instead of creating a whole thread ?

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
You use the ac adapter with the usb c cable that charges the switch when docked. just unplug it and use it directly on the switch

Status
Not open for further replies.