• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How many people were actually aware of this? The game got Play Anywhere support sometime earlier this year and it seems that it actually enabled crossplay between the game's owners on Xbox One and Windows Store.

This is crazy to me as someone who follows fighting games and cross-play news pretty heavily, I can't believe that missed this, I used to think that Killer Instinct and Street Fighter 5 where the only games that supported it, but I guess that I can now add MvCI to that list.

I just find it bizarre that nobody even mentioned this in the crossplay in fighting games thread, I take it as that this went completely under most people's radars as well.

https://www.destructoid.com/marvel-...osoft-s-play-anywhere-initiative-491786.phtml

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...infinite-now-listed-xbox-play-anywhere-title/

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was known but it was betweem only PC xbox store and xbox?

Lot of people dont buy xbox though so it probably unnoticed or people know but dont care

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I mean it's for the Windows Store version only so meh

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately this doesn't include Steam, but then again the game is pretty much dead there too. I don't know what the size of the Xbox community looks like, but I'll probably grab it at a good discount for play anywhere support.

OP
OP
Deleted member 11093

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's for the Windows Store version only so meh
So is Killer Instinct (ranked matchmaking), I mean I hate Windows Store just as much as anyone else, but I'm actually considering buying fighting games exclusively on it if this hopefully becomes a standard feature in third party fighting games.

Surprised that DBFZ doesn't support it.

Oct 25, 2017
So is Killer Instinct (ranked matchmaking), I mean I hate Windows Store just as much as anyone else, but I'm actually considering buying fighting games exclusively on it if this hopefully becomes a standard feature in third party fighting games.

Surprised that DBFZ doesn't support it.
I mean it doesn't seem like the shared pool of players is gonna amount to anything substantial as a base anyways in this case.

El Sabroso

Oct 25, 2017
Monterrey, MX
It does not support play between XB1 and PC...

Xbox Play Anywhere, means with the same license, you can play either in PC or Xbox One, the capability of Xbox Live Cross Platform Multiplayer is what does crossplay between PC and XB1 here is the difference on those from the MS Store for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and Killer Instinct

R0XaFeM.png

r7qB2wO.png

OP
OP
Deleted member 11093

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It does not support play between XB1 and PC...

Xbox Play Anywhere, means with the same license, you can play either in PC or Xbox One, the capability of Xbox Live Cross Platform Multiplayer is what does crossplay between PC and XB1 here is the difference on those from the MS Store for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and Killer Instinct

R0XaFeM.png

r7qB2wO.png
Oh wow, I'm aware of what Play Anywhere means, but I googled it and found sources who reported the news that it supported cross-play and I took their words for it :P
I guess that this means people who buy it on the Windows Store are only playing it with those... on Windows? So it's probably even deader than the Steam version which is already a rotten corpse.

Thanks for the confirmation nonetheless, I'll see if a mod can change this title.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Google says this is a rumor from by someone on the Steam hub for the game.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/493840/discussions/0/1700542332328613093/

This is a completely unsubstantiated rumor. While I don't doubt that if support for the game has ceased it will be delisted at some point, it would probably be more likely around two years after release, and the servers would still be functional. Heck, you can still play the PS3/360 MvC2 online these days.

DasVergeben claimed to have been hearing about an update for the game, despite earlier rumors. So who knows.

El Sabroso

Oct 25, 2017
Monterrey, MX
Oh wow, I'm aware of what Play Anywhere means, but I googled it and found sources who reported the news that it supported cross-play and I took their words for it :P
I guess that this means people who buy it on the Windows Store are only playing it with those... on Windows? So it's probably even deader than the Steam version which is already a rotten corpse.

Thanks for the confirmation nonetheless, I'll see if a mod can change this title.

if there is people that can prove it to have cross play, we need to see, for example, KI lacks the Xbox icon on the windows store app description picture that I posted, and lacks the Xbox One X enchanced, when is even the only 4k fighting game on console right now

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
OP, your two linked articles say it's a play anywhere title. that means you buy it once digitally on the windows store, and you have access to both XB1 and windows 10 copies of the game from your single purchase.

where does it say that xbox one players can play online with pc players?

Status
Not open for further replies.